[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Al/ck/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 42

File: 20170417_121214.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_121214.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Who wants to drink the sadness away and talk?

Last one's about to 404

>just woke up 2 hours ago edition
>>
no one cares fuck off
>>
>>8823252

What are You drinking, I'm hungover as Shit from Saturday still.
>>
heres my post
>>
>>8823316
dry gin martini's out of a pickle jar
>>
>>8823252
>tfw drank throughout the Easter break
>have to stay sober until the weekend
>>
Went to parents' house for Easter dinner and only drank one glass of Champagne because I had to drive home that evening. Considered not drinking anymore after I got home so I'd sleep well and feel refreshed for the work week. Ended up drinking a six pack of IPA and watching MST3K instead. I'm tired as fuck today and have terrible gas.
>>
>>8823393
I can't drink beer. Too much liquid, carbs, and gives me a pounding headache the next day. Plus It's very hard to get drunk off of beer
>>
want to get into mezcal

any mejicans on to give me the scoop?
>>
>>8823252
I've decided to give up the sauce for probably the summer due to a terrible bender last weekend, but 'm here to talk, OP. What's up?
>>
>>8823316
Me too. Two days hungovers are not a meme.
Had two beers yesterday to calm myself down, but really late in the evening.
Today it's my second beer, it's 7:30 pm. Tomorrow's an early shift.
But canadian whisky seems like a nice idea right now.
Should I?
>>
>>8823445
Do you need benzos to quit yourself?

I haven't gone 1 day without drinking in the last 5 years. Plus I take benzo's too so If I did quit I would probably have a seizure or die

I drank a lot more then I usually do last week because my ex called me and made me feel like shit. My stomach hurts like a mother fucker

When does this ride end lads?
>>
>>8823455
Good ol' Canadian club?

God I love/hate that shit
>>
>>8823464
I think if I drink it whilst cooking nice cauliflower head I'm safe to wake up at 5am nice and quite fresh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVbnTHZE7ws&index=6&list=PL4D3CA015C255AE08
>>
>>8823511
Man some of you guys get nuts when you drink. All I do is sit alone, play vidya, listen to music and maybe cry before I black out. At worst I drunkenly ramble to people I know, but nothing insane. Use what the shit.
>>
>>8823545
Not me....

I literally just sit in my basement shitpost, smoke weed, listen to music, and watch TV.

I rarely even leave my house. I don't like to drink with other people
>>
>>8823582
I'm the exact same. I don't drink around other people ever, I prefer to just be alone when I do it.
>>
File: 1492379805090.jpg (60KB, 1020x701px) Image search: [Google]
1492379805090.jpg
60KB, 1020x701px
>>8823252

i've been drinking between one and two bottles of liquor a week, kinda, off and on, usually like a 750 on the weekend and maybe a flask and a couple steelies during the week. maybe for the last two months. i don't consider myself alcoholic in any real way. i've just been really bored.

i'm stopping though because i need to lose weight. i'm going to eat 8oz of wheat germ porridge with a banana smashed in it every day.
>>
>>8823600
I don't get it. When I drink I lose weight.
>>
>>8823588
Much more relaxing IMO.

When I'm with company I'm kind of filtered so I can't fully relax. An If I get really drunk I'll say something that will offend someone

I called my sister in law a coal burner last year when I was drunk at their house and said I wonder how my brother can love her.

As if that wasn't bad enough a long time ago my brother had told me before they got married that she had only fucked two guys in her entire life. A nigger and my brother so I was basically telling her I knew her sexual history made it so much worst. Plus their kids were in the adjoining room lol
>>
>>8823605

drinking lowers my inhibitions, and that manifests as binge eating. eating is my real vice. fucked up experiences with food throughout childhood or something. and binge eating + drinking is the fastest way to gain weight, since your body will ignore food when it has alcohol to process.
>>
>>8823607
Damn dude. How do they feel about you after that?
>>
>>8823617
My brother didn't give a shit but she was pretty pissed. I knew immediately I should have not said that by the look on her face

She kind of pretended I didn't just say that after a couple minutes but I could tell I pissed her off. She used to text me constantly asking me to help her do things my brother doesn't have time/knowledge to do. Dozens of times a week.... She's text me 3 times since that happened last year. She used to text me more then that a week so I know she is still pissed about what I said

I regretted saying it for a few months but realized later I shouldn't regret it. It's not like I was lying, That's what she is. She knows it, My brother knows it. I just said it
>>
>>8823635
On the bright side you don't have to worry about her blatantly using you anymore.
>>
>>8823648
Exactly!

I was too nice to her anyway. She's very manipulative

>>8823600
Beer does that to ya.
>>
>>8823611
>drinking lowers my inhibitions, and that manifests as binge eating
Nice to see I'm not the only one.

If I'm drunk, my judgement is impaired. This means that an entire pizza is just fine for a snack, and that I can't make myself put down the bag of tasty crunchy meaty-tasting things. Or I'll stop and get chips on my way back after a night out.

It's really bad for my diet.
>>
File: depression_drinking.jpg (15KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
depression_drinking.jpg
15KB, 600x400px
>>8823252

Please, use images like pic related for al/ck/ threads
>>
>>8823777
Will do
>>
File: 1485452511382.jpg (119KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1485452511382.jpg
119KB, 768x768px
DUDE ALCOHOL LMAO
>>
>Fapped for 4 hours
>Foreskin is swollen now and painful to touch

I'm scared to start drinking
>>
>>8823425
Where do you live? In an ABC controlled state, was fucking surprised we started getting Mezcal a few years ago. A good intro brand I would suggest is Sombra. If you like Tequila pick up a Blanco and compare them side by side. The difference in production is fucking neat.

Even better if you can get sal de gusano (literally salt with ground up dried worms and chile spices). That sprinkled on an orange slice with a glass of Mezcal is fucking great.
>>
>>8823252
I hope you are drinking out of that because you literally have nothing other than that and not because you're some cunt hipster
>>
>>8823900
I'm using pickle jars because I've broken 2 full sets of nice glasses from knocking them over or dropping them when I'm drunk
>>
>>8823900
Moonshine is always sold in mason jars, nomad. Have you never known the pleasure of vomiting blood?
It's the taste of freedom that you get sent to jail for. You should try it
>>
>>8823460
I would probably recommend trying to get some help just to give it a shot. I went to an outpatient program as well as AA and it just didn't work for me, but you can always try anyway to see what happens.
>>
>>8823607
If she's white and lost her virginity to a black guy and married the second guy she was ever with, no one should give a shit about her. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>8823797
Why?
If anything it would probably dull the pain.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>say enough is enough and decide not to drink for a day
>starve myself and go 36 hours without ingesting anything but two cups of water

ahh, the sweet release of self-destruction
>>
>>8824105
>tfw MGS4 is actually going to be 10 years old next year
Jesus christ.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 944x121px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 944x121px
>>8824173
>tfw MGS4 has already canonically happened

We're literally one year away from Metal Gear Rising at this point. Abkhazia better buckle up.
>>
>>8823992
It makes him horny.

>>8823797
Are you cut?
>>
>>8824262

I'm not
>>
File: feelmyfeels_c_6070149.jpg (145KB, 500x919px) Image search: [Google]
feelmyfeels_c_6070149.jpg
145KB, 500x919px
>>8823252
Yo. Been drinking now since Friday. I've been blacking out. Drinking last of my whiskey and some mikes hard tonight after I gym. Feel lonely. Like I got no friends or no one to go to. Last best friend stopped talking to me last August. Every time I get drunk I want to hit her up. But my I can't. Sucks but fuck it heres to drinking
>>
File: LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.png (1022KB, 1024x727px) Image search: [Google]
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.png
1022KB, 1024x727px
pounding a eight pack of pic related and doing some soul searching, gonna be dry for a bit starting tomorrow. I've been abstaining for 2-4 days at a time this month, want to take a longer stab at it.

I've been trying to go to the gym and eat better recently while dealing with a breakup, drinking really fucks with that plan. A nasty breakup five years ago is what pushed me from "frequent drinker" to "get drunk every day" and I know if I let alcohol get the better of me this time it's probably gonna kill me.

I love drinking but it fucks with me too much, I'm not deep enough in it that it's messed my life up irreparably but I can see it coming. I don't plan on quitting forever but I haven't gone more than a few days without drinking in the past eight years and I need to take a fucking break. I'm a beer/cider guy, luckily I've never gotten the taste for liquor otherwise I'd probably be too far gone by now

it's a cloudy drippy warm spring day here in western canada, feels like a good day to start living again

I've been listening to a lot of early Magnetic Fields recently, especially this song. It's so atmospheric and sad and beautiful, dreamy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFTHzLB3x2c

sorry for the blog post, hope you fine dudes are having an alright night. Smirnoff-bro, ,if you see this, I'm glad you're still alive
>>
>>8824291
Holy shit, anon. You hit the nail right on the head with that image. That's my life in a nutshell.
As for losing friends, I know that feel too. I lost my former best friend by shouting that I was done with her and her white trash family (which is weird, because she was Puerto Rican) in the middle of a restaurant/bar and then storming out. I also lost my oldest friend at the same time, since he was there and he took her side. Lost another of my oldest friends shortly thereafter. Some years before that I made out with my then-best-friend's ex-girlfriend at his apartment while I mistakenly assumed he was sleeping. I went a couple months without talking to my parents last year after sending them nasty e-mails. Also went a few months without talking to my current best friend after telling her I didn't like her and only hung out with her because I'm a lonely alcoholic and beggars can't be choosers. Had a girlfriend from Italy that I dumped because she wouldn't let me drink when we were together.
I could go on. . . .
>>
>>8824291

That's pretty much me in image except replace the app thing with doing sudokus and nonograms
>>
>>8824262
I never understood how people jerk off while drunk, that's like the last thing on my mind when I'm intoxicated, even when I smoke weed. I just feel like it would make me feel depressed.
>>
>>8824863
>it's a cloudy drippy warm spring day here in western canada, feels like a good day to start living again

Good luck to you, anon. You seem like a soulful drunk.

I hope you get out of this shit. I was like you a year ago, could only string together three or four days at a time. In the last year I've put several streaks of a few weeks, and two of over two months, together. Life has gotten a hell of a lot better. About to start a new streak and hopefully this is the one that sticks.

If it's available to you, try to get a prescription for antabuse. It's helped me an awful lot.
>>
>>8824873
I kind of got sick of sudoku, I fucking love nonograms though. do you ever do crosswords? I know they're less logic based but I love them
>>
>>8824886

It's a habit
>>
>>8824899

Nah, never, I'm not good with words
I was really into nonograms some time ago, but I kind of just grew tired of it, been doing some lately though, but the fire just isn't there anymore, sudokus are really boring too if I'm sober or not listening to something interesting, like good tunes, or some podcast or documentaries or lectures you know
>>
>>8824903
yeah that makes sense. I just listen to sad music when I drink.
>>
>>8824863
>eight pack
>I love drinking but it fucks with me too much
pick one
>>
File: 1492305191810.jpg (91KB, 350x333px) Image search: [Google]
1492305191810.jpg
91KB, 350x333px
>>8824918
I'm not into pissing contests but I usually drink a lot more than this. I know what I've been through and your opinion doesn't matter
>>
>>8824908
I want to get into cryptograms but I'm nowhere near smart enough

I love logic puzzles but I'm also kind of an idiot
>>
>>8824974

Man I'm trying these cryptograms right now, fuck they're hard
>>
>>8825049
I learned in elementary school that RSTLNE are the most often used letters, if that helps at all
>>
>>8824291
are you me
is that image me too? holy fuck

>>8824870
what the fuck anon
I hope you did all that when you were drunk
>>
>>8823252
I've had a fifth of whiskey today and still not enough to keep withdraws away, fucking kill me
>>
File: IMG_20170416_154024.jpg (912KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170416_154024.jpg
912KB, 2560x1920px
Got some of this yesterday and it actually taste like the real thing.
Only grabbed like a 12pack of Sprite to mix it with since I'm new to this shit and have no know-how into mixers but it was decent.. I think.
Dunno if I wanna drink more tonight and be up before 4am for work when it's almost already 7pm. That or get pissed off at a friend for being a whiny faggot about something stupid for days on end.
>>
>>8825072

Eh, reading about cryptograms some more, there seems to be a lot of guessing involved, that's one thing I don't like about puzzles, with nonograms and sudokus there's rarely any time you have to guess at all
>>
>>8825080
that's awful dude you need to get some professional help or youll die
>>
>>8825080
How much do you normally drink for that to not undo withdrawal?
>>
Ah, here you guys are. Took a while to find you because no silhouette img.
Hope everyone is in one piece. Day 2 of withdrawal for me. Hard to post. I keep forgetting how utterly fucking horrifying this is. Everything scares the shit out of me, I've vomited so much that I almost black out from pain when dry-heaving, cant keep anything down, one sip of water has me vomiting for like a minute, and omFg the nightmares.
Too hard to post, even using VRS. Gtg.
One way or another I'm never doing this again. If I relapse, I'll just drink myself to death.
I hope at least some of us escape one day. I'm trying just one more time. Good luck everyone.
>>
>actually got close to someone
oh boy I really done it now
>>
>>8825109
>that's awful dude you need to get some professional help or youll die

I've been doing this nearly every day for 6 years, somehow not dead yet

>>8825112
>How much do you normally drink for that to not undo withdrawal?

I normally drink a fifth a day, but recently upped it to 1200ml of whiskey a day, so now a fifth (750ml) aint doing shit. About two do two shots of whiskey and hopefully pass out
>>
>>8823252
I got work in 6 hours tho. Have a fresh bottle of vodka. Crack it open or nah?
>>
>>8825114
What is wrong with people like you.... Drinking is so easy to stop ffs. Stop being weak minded.
>>
>>8825253
Sshhh.
>>
>>8825203
I know this feel.

When I get close to someone its only a matter of time before I ruin both our lives.
>>
>>8825253
I know your post is bait, but I'll indulge it for folk who don't realize it.

Alcohol withdraw for someone who is an actual alcoholic is one of the most god awful experiences to go through with a ~25% mortality rate if not treated medically
>>
>>8825219
Sleep and drink before you go in
>>
>>8823635
you knew about this before he got married and he still did it and u didnt stop him. What the fuck is wrong with him
>>
>People who aren't extremely susceptible to addiction are telling addicts how easy it is to quit

why? They literally cannot understand how hard it is for some people

Try telling them not to eat for 3 days and see how bad their cravings for food get, but oh wait, you NEED food, so it doesn't count
>>
>>8825367
I mean yea it's hard if you go straight into cold turkey after downing a fifth every night, which everyone here seems to be doing. Why not just do baby steps and limit your alcohol consumption slowly. That way you can still enjoy getting drunk/tipsy without literally killing yourself with withdrawal
>>
>>8825388
For me when I start drinking I dont stop until I blackout. Telling an alcoholic that drinks a fifth or more a day to ease off isnt the best advice.

If they could control their drinking they wouldnt have got to that point.
>>
File: 1423887615788.gif (932KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1423887615788.gif
932KB, 320x180px
>>8825403

>dont give someone advice with their problem
>they would have figured it out by now

Right, poor people can't stop spending money on Starbucks and iPhones
>>
>>8825416

>Giving advice to someone about something you know nothing about
>>
Best way to hide alcohol breath?
>>
>>8825403
so alcoholics are basically obese people that eat until stuffed and can't ease off of eating too much
>>
>>8825451
Drink vodka and chew gum.
>>
>>8825451
cigarettes
>>
>>8825455
I'm fine of I don't drink but once I start I don't give a shit and get wasted.

Telling someone to ease off sounds like a good idea and it would work if they were being supervised, but what do you think is going to happen once an alcoholic drinks a pint to stop the shakes and has more laying around?
>>
File: 1465091506441.jpg (65KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1465091506441.jpg
65KB, 768x1024px
just realized that I am an alcoholic tonight. I went to the liquor store and just bought a little 350 milliliter bottle so that I could have a little treat while my girlfriend was out. The way the cashier treated me was that I was a user of a hard drug who just needed their fix and they were helping me out. I I realized I was really just buying the little bottle so that I could crush it fast and throw it away without my girlfriend ever noticing. like who the hell comes into a liquor store at 7 p.m. on a Monday and just buy a little bottle of liquor.

fuck.
>>
>>8825519
I have been to the liquor store at 7am when they open so i could get a pint of vodka
>>
>>8823252
Trying to cut back myself. I'm currently at 225 pds and its mostly from from beer. But yet I have a half bottle of whiskey under my desk.
>>
>>8825519
buy a handle or two and some party cups and act like you're going to a party
repeat each weekend so the timing doesn't look weird
>>
>>8824870
Fuck dude. I thought I had it bad. I've lashed out before after having to much to drink but fuck I feel like I'm getting to that level. I hope you're doing well dude
>>
>>8825519
bitch nigga you small time as fuck
>>
Odds I drink tonight
Evens I don't
>>
>>8825760
Haha fuck it I'm gonna drink anyway.
>>
Currently drunk and eating hummus and chips.

I know someone asked how to hide alcohol breath, but is there a specific way to hide beer breath?
>>
>>8825788
fresh yeast bread
>>
Just turned 21 last week lads. Tried a couple of alcohols before in my early teen years but didn't really like any of it.

Now I can do it legally, what are some recommended alcohols for a novice?
>>
>>8823545
This. When I drink I get really happy actually and laugh at fucking everything. But a little too much past that and I start getting philosophical and talking about my dreams and shit.
>>
>>8825842
bottom shelf canadian blended whiskey
>>
File: 1481886200885.png (414KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
1481886200885.png
414KB, 864x648px
>>8824209
>tfw I remember the threads in 2009 when MGS2 happened
>>
>>8825850
I am unsure of what to do with this information.
>>
>>8825852
go to a store, go to the liquor section, look for the whisk(e)y sub-section, scan the bottom shelf, pick up something from canada that's super cheap in a big plastic bottle
it's great for novice alcoholics because the ones I've tried are pretty sweet and not that bitter, and also quite cheap
>>
>>8825859
this is much better advice anon, thank you

i will go and purchase alcohol now
>>
File: 20170303_232123-1.jpg (846KB, 1677x2981px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_232123-1.jpg
846KB, 1677x2981px
>>8825768
My man
>>
File: 1446253278122.png (261KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1446253278122.png
261KB, 607x608px
>>8825519
Fuck dude get on my level. Dudes at my 711 know I drink. My babies mommas was out of town this whole weekend until tomorrow. Bought whiskey and hid it and drank everyday. Found out she could have came home today. Woke up.hungover as fuck, showered and told work I was gonna be late cause something came up. I spent about an hour hiding every ounce of alcohol or sign of it that could.
>>
>>8825859
I didnt know this was a thing but I do that all the time
>>
File: 1475192777458.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475192777458.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>drinking alcohol in any place other than a social setting
>drinking beer, ever
>>
>>8823252
Not as bad as you folks but over Easter weekend I drank about 32 odd beers and ate fuck all. The following Monday (today) I woke up pulled my dick out and shit the bed.
>>
I think the swelling has gone down a bit, and it doesn't hurt as much to touch it now
I guess I'll do what I always do when faced with medical problems: do nothing and it will go away on it's own
>>
>>8825920
What is swelling?
>>8825887
Sounds like a good weekend what went wrong?
>>8825880
Hey man. No one said social had to be face to face. We're all being social here
>>
>>8825929

My foreskin
>>
>>8825931
Nigga. Rub some baby oil before you fap
>>
just used my one of my childhood memories as collateral to buy more wine. it's okay I'll pay it back
>>
For my bros. If you need music to click to check out senses fail album life is not a waiting room.
4 years,blackout, hair of the dog, fireworks at dawn. It helps me feel less lonely.
>>
My girlfriend is an alcoholic and I think it's going to ruin our relationship. Help.
>>
>>8825943
is that you rambling anon
>>
>>8825943
>senses fail

muh nigguh, shits kind of cringy now but it brings me back to high school so it's a guilty pleasure.
>>
Went on a bender two days ago, now facing the always fun repercussions of relentless nightmares/feelings of dread that usually follow 1-2 days after. Have to work in 3 hours, should be a fun day
>>
How do you know if you're an alcoholic?
>>
>>8825842
Vodka is great because you can mix it with anything sweet, basically any fruit juice or soda that isnt brown. Mix brown stuff with rum.
>>
>>8825842

Just drink vodka, or are you one of those american pussies who can't handle anything stronger than 5% without mixing it with some shit?
>>
>>8826025

I have nothing to prove drinking bottom shelf trash vodka straight.
>>
>>8826037

Who said anything about bottom shelf
>>
>>8826042
why would an alcoholic waste all that money buying top shelf shit that he's just gonna chug down without savoring anyway
>>
>>8825970
Yeah. I'm feeling lonely bro.
>>8825996
Bro. It's my go to. Its high school for sure but fuck. I feel what he feels
>>
>>8825875
babies momma or your mommy?
>>
>>8826091
Chick I had my son with
>>
how long did it take you to realize that, no matter how much you drink, you're still the same person drinking

does anyone know what I mean?
>>
>>8826625
Like, whoa dude I radicalize with your opinions man bro.
>>
>>8825957
When she gets drunk does she let you put it in her butt?
>>
>>8825519
Check yourself for eom socially mental illness because literally no one gives a shit unless it's some gay self righteous country like England where they will ban cigarettes soon and alcohol a couple of years later because hurr sure harmful and useless.
>>
>>8825957
Tell her that. If she wants to get her shit together and get help, then great. If not, get the fuck out of there.
>>
>>8826641
I'm not trying to condescend, but I realized that's the urge that pushes me to drink
but there's no amount of drugs that can make you into a different person, and that sucks
I'd take ibuprofen if it made me a different person
>>
File: 1444153855025.jpg (77KB, 597x714px) Image search: [Google]
1444153855025.jpg
77KB, 597x714px
Today is 400 days
>>
>>8825103
>mixing FLAVORED FUCKING VODKA with fucking soda
holy shit burgers are retarded, now I know why people there think vodka is a drink for women
>>
>>8826713

it's not because he's an American, it's because he's a kid
settle down there eurofriend
>>
>>8825760
>>8825768
Technically 0 isn't even
>>
>>8825880
Fuck off XCDF
>>
>>8826001
Fuck, I know that feel. That's the worst--the sense of dread that lingers for the first day or two after sobering up. It's such an immense relief when it lifts. Then somehow, at day 3 or 4, I start thinking that I must have overreacted or was just being a pussy, and sobriety is getting kinda boring, and then it's off to the races again.
>>
File: 1489393624946.png (732KB, 1275x716px) Image search: [Google]
1489393624946.png
732KB, 1275x716px
Going sober. Shit got fucked up last night as well this past weekend and kept getting shit faced and waking up every day with a hangover. I'm gonna try not to drink but fuck it. Wish me luck friends.
>>
>>8824291
Just add anime to those hobbies. Problem solved
>>
>>8823252
drinking dry lager 3.20 in the am. I love it but seriously have to get my shit together
>>
File: rum_hav3.jpg (97KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
rum_hav3.jpg
97KB, 540x720px
I'm thinking of buying rum pic related or Captain Morgan. Do you guys have suggestion which one is better for neat drinking?
>>
>>8826016
You'd know.
>>
Third day on the wagon. So much sweat that I'm on the floor; both sides of the mattress drenched. If I can make it through tomorrow I'll be drifting away from acute and into paws. Determined to do it properly this time.
>nods head to others riding this wagon
>>
>>8823777

god aproves
>>
>>8827189
I prefer Havana Club, even the 3y one... neat, with ice or with some lime/lemon wedges.
>>
>>8827191

Well what if I drank every night for two months.
>>
File: 1491644071562.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491644071562.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
>>8827335
Do you need a drink to get you through your day or is it just a social thing? Do you drink before 12? You'll be alright, try taking a week off.
>>
>Listening to K Rose again
>>
File: 1491186341629.jpg (28KB, 351x477px) Image search: [Google]
1491186341629.jpg
28KB, 351x477px
>>8824863
Lucky Lager! In Winnipeg they call it the Transcona Tumbleweed. Classic and honestly it tastes better than most cheap beers. Do they still sell the "extra strong" version with more alcohol?
>>
bout to get straight shit faced and cut the grass
>>
>>8823252
>>
>>8823393
I'm in very much the same situation. Was at home for the Easter weekend, three days long, and because of the social setting I only drank a little. Came home Monday morning because I wanted "a little time at home before work started." Which of course meant I wanted to drink all day. Which of course I did.

Now I'm at working feeling groggy. I just want to go home and have a beer and a nap.
>>
>>8825957
Is there Al-Anon where you are? It helped my boyfriend a lot when we were together.
>>
>>8827433

I drink alone but I only drink at night and into the morning.
>>
>>8823545
from my experience, whenever you start drinking every day all day, thats when you start doing dumb shit. most people don't sit alone at home all day, so you'll start driving drunk, going to work drunk, etc., and that's where you'll get in trouble.
>>
>>8827784

AA is basically religion, there are better ways to quit than joining a cult
>>
>>8827331
>neat with ice
Pick up a dictionary.
>>
I had to go to court, had to down half a bottle of vodka first, it was either that or go while in withdrawal. Fairly confident they'd have jailed me if they'd known. Fug
>>
>>8827857

Jokes on you I'm drinking every day at home while skipping uni classes
>>
>>8827881

Actually I think the joke's on me, fuck
Captcha: close calle
>>
Partied with some Israelis on a boat, shit was cash. Starting to sober up just in time to sleep. See you guys tomorrow.
>>
>>8824291
>imagining myself in situations that will literally never exist
That's a good 20% of my life.
>>
I live with a hardcore alcoholic. She's self medicating for bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder. I care about her but she drinks every day, passes out face first, gets her period on herself, has sex with freaks she meets on facebook. And no she's not cute she's my friends mom. It's so debauched. I thought I was an alcoholic but drinking a six pack after work is just being a fuckin American. This is advanced an alcohol. The creepiest part is she talks to herself constantly, talks in her sleep, just never shuts up and tells me the same five stories I've heard a million times about her fucked up past like I've never heard them. It's so crazy
>>
>>8827907
Fuck her. Get your dick wet while you can.
>>
>>8827917
She's 45, looks 55 and is toothless (I don't think the gross felons she fucks know she has dentures) and she's my friends mom. I'd rather die
>>
>>8827877
Al-Anon isn't AA, anon. It's a support group for families of alcoholics.
>>
>>8827923
>toothless alcoholic whore

I wouldn't fuck that thing with my worst enemy's dick.
>>
>>8828024
>>8827923

Just have her give you a handjob or bj if it works while you're looking at porn, she'll be drunk she won't care
>>
>>8827878
>neat, with ice or with some lime/lemon wedges
See that comma there? That whole thing is what you call an enumeration.
Hope English isn't your native language, otherwise you've just been schooled by a non-native.
>>
>>8828038
chill out there friend-o
third party here, it's ambiguously written and the lack of an oxford comma makes it not-particularly-clear that you're listing three separate styles.
>>
>>8828031
Are you genuinely this desperate for female intimacy? That's fucking depressing, bro.
>>
>>8828070

yes
>>
>>8828070

My defenses sometimes go down when drinking and I feel like I want some companionship or someone to talk to at all, but then I usually sober up and realize it was another one of my shitty drunken ideas
>>
What's the best drink in terms of % and cheapness you get drunk on in the UK?

atm I just use tesco 2 litre bottles of cider
>>
What's the difference between really wanting a beer and being an alcoholic?
>>
>>8828136
Volume
>>
>>8828108
Frosty Jack's cider. Asda banned it, dunno about Tesco. Try corner shops and petrol stations. 7.8%, and 89p for 500ml cans. It's what all the tramps drink. I should know, for 5 months I was one of them.
Prepare for the worst heartburn of your life, from chugging down something which stinks like your anus.
>>
>>8828136
>What's the difference between really wanting a beer and being an alcoholic?

An alcoholic literally cannot function without alcohol. It's more than just "wanting a beer"; it's "if I don't drink this booze then I'm going to start having seizures that might kill me"
>>
>>8828149
I read that vodka is the best drink to binge on because the hangover is minimal

Is that true?
>>
>>8828158
Vodka is distilled multiple times and it is not aged in barrels, therefore it's the purest source of alcohol that you can easily get. So in that regard it is better than other kinds of booze.

But it can still dehydrate you, so it's still possible to get a hangover from that.
>>
>>8828149
Oh wait, 7.5%.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/590725/teenager-dies-drinking-frosty-jacks-cider-cheapest-booze/amp
>>
File: 1482839736447.jpg (124KB, 882x731px) Image search: [Google]
1482839736447.jpg
124KB, 882x731px
>>8828174
So if I drink a pint of water before blacking out I would get near to no hangover?

Because atm I'm drinking about 5 litres of cheap cider and the hangovers are fucked
>>
>>8828176
Poor gril only drank 1.5 L, the equivalent of 11 shots of vodka. I used to drink 6L a day and have 4 cans of (even more powerful and relatively awesome) 'K' cider to knock me out at night. A stark reminder to all that to try to drink as much as some in these threads do, will fucking kill you. Be wary of this poisonous shit.
>>
Why do I become so sleepy when drinking reeee
>>
>>8828185
That's why we drink the instant we wake. No hangovers.
>>
>>8828198
Why not just do hard drugs at that point
>>
>>8828199
I get sleepy when I drink and that's the way I like it.
>>
>>8828217
I was smoking crack and heroin at the same time as drinking all that frosty. I've probably knocked a couple of decades off my life.
>>
File: 1477699657117.png (2MB, 1472x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1477699657117.png
2MB, 1472x1092px
>>8828227
How in the fuck did you un-homeless yourself
>>
>>8828230
Long story bro. Too depressing to really think much about it. Although at least no dicks were involved.
>>
life is a piece of shit

im so fucked on homemade wine and weed, i could a mansion

tomorrow wont smile to me
>>
File: oh no.png (11KB, 185x82px) Image search: [Google]
oh no.png
11KB, 185x82px
>>8828316
>i could a mansion

oh no!

an entire mansion?
>>
I want to die lads =)
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
This isnt even bombay sapphire, this is what i call thw Tuesday Potion. It is just all the small bottoms of pints of vodka and gin and rum i get. At the end of my work week on tuesday i have a big free night of drinking that tastes awful but gets me absolutely retarded drunk. My internet friends call me Wild Willy when i drink the tuesday potion because i always get out of line
>>
How does one stop drinking? I'm not even memeing, how do you stop the crawing, how do you start feeling remotely happy without it, I guess is the question.
>>
>>8828386
you dont. its just with us brother
>>
>>8828386
you dont. you always come back
>>
>>8828386
change your lifestyle completely. like i was able to quit smoking when i got back from college easy. you want to smoke, but you dont because hey, not at college. no papers and no classes so you dont need the smokes like you routinely did. with alcohol tho, i need to move. unfortunately i dont think thats possible when my paycheck is always going to booze and school loans
>>
>>8828389
>>8828391
of course you can stop, people have done it. it's hard, and there will probably be relapses along the way, but it's not impossible
>>
>>8823252
opinions on making highballs with Suntory Toki, and mandarin lime rip-its?
>>
>>8828386
Just replace it with something. I've been eating sunflower seeds and drinking non-caffeinated soda and it's been alright so far.
>>
>>8823790
begone gamestop guy, i will not buy funko pops or insurance on used 360 games!!
>>
>>8828430
for how long?
>>
>>8828430
Y-you're telling al/ck/, that to overcome it's level of lifelong addiction to and physical need for ethanol, to "just get some seeds and pop"? fucking stop, dumbest shit I've ever read.
>>
>>8828454
Couple weeks.

>>8828456
It helps with the boredom after you're fully detoxed.
>>
My life is so shit that the only things i can take pride in is that i never broke a law, and never took any drugs.
I have no idea how it feels to have a hangover or what it means to go through withdrawal.
I wish you guys the best of luck.
>>
>>8828391
How do I stop even just for a while? When I'm drunk I'm thinking tomorrow I'm gonna clean my shit up and improve, but then tomorrow comes and I'm right back here.
>>
>>8828386
first get a drug that you can use while getting your gaba receptors back in order. Xanax. Kratom. am opiate. some other shit from a Dr. Lyrica. get a bunch of shit.

Cycle 2 days per for each drug. This means mon tues - kratom wed thur -xanax -fri sat lyrica.

Then once that is in order you do something similar but you want to try and cut out xanax and the opiate since those addictions are just as bad if not worse than Alch

But same principle. Fuck dealing with sober life, i'm sure its doable if you are in a good place in your life but untill then we cycle.

Buy phenibut it last 2 days at 2-3grams so but you can only take it twice a week or it will give you the same withdrawls as alch. Mon phenibut, tues still feeling phenibut wed phenibut thursday still feeling phenibut. Fri - kratom sat kratom sun - kava or weed or something. repeat. This keeps tolerance down, avoides dependence and you get to feel happy..

>source
23a healthy balanced life with a 6 pack
>>
>>8828386
>how do you start feeling remotely happy without it
pls answer this, I don't think even the AA fags could
>>
>>8828483
>>
>>8828483
huh?
>>
>>8824870
>white trash puerto rican girls
I've been there bro.
>>
>>8828483
youre a drug addict
>>
>>8828476
wish i could tell u. sometimes ill do good for a month or so, but then im back binging. what it comes down to is, i like doing it, just not the result. its just short sighted and irresponsible, which i am. im a loser.
>>
>>8828490
read it, you need to get into a balancing act with a bunch of different feel good drugs. You get to feel good, not get a chemical addiction and keep tolerance down across the board. This is the answer to get through life feeling good but also looking good and not being dependent on a drug.

>>8828496
wrong, I am a drug user. But I have developed a system where if I have to I can not do drugs and get zero physical withdrawals because I am not chemically addicted..

I look great, i workout 5 days a week. My body is healthy. I have my hair..

I mean what do ya want, some people need a little help to feel good about life while you find your place.. This is how you do it.
>>
>>8825842
can't tell if british or american
>>
>>8828386
Replace it with a physical activity. I've been running 5 times a week. The problem is when you're sick or something, then I"m right back to drinking.
>>
>>8828506
you cant live without drugs even tho u try to rationalize it. to a normal healthy and stable person you are abnormal. youre a drug addict, you need drugs. you arent above it, youre weak and theres nothing wrong with it
>>
I've got bloodwork follow up tomorrow and I know it's gonna show that my liver enzymes are through the roof. Doc won't be happy but I hope I can make my case to actually get on some meds because at this rate I'm just going to drink myself to death.
>>
>>8826625
i think kind of
>>
>>8828517
I never said I wasn't weak and that I don't need help. But if you are person and you like that feel good feeling. This is the way to do it.

You are never taking any drug enough to get physically addicted. That's the point. If I have to go a few days without anything I can..

I don't know if you ever been through real serious withdrawal. It's hell. You will not get that with my system. That's all i'm trying to say
>>
i have run out of cigarettes

what do
>>
>>8828576
Cigarettes laying all over the world, go find tobacco and reroll. Do not get herpes.

Or buy little cigars for a dollar.
>>
>>8828520
Go out and get some N-acetyl Cysteine. It's the best thing you can take for your liver.
>>
>>8828512
this
>>
>>8828329

kek
>>
>>8828386

well depending on how long you've been drinking youll likely have to quit for 3-6 months before you start feeling happy again. im on month 2 myself. still not happy but deffinately better off then i was 2 months ago, so at least theres some improvement with time
>>
>>8828788
You need to find a replacement obsession, something positive. If you have an addictive personality and nowhere to channel your obsessive energy you're bound to be uneasy and bored a lot of the time.

I quit smoking/drinking and started exercising like an madman. Dropped from 300 to 190 pounds and spend about 10 hours a week in the gym, as well as picking up playing the guitar.

The gym stuff gives me a routine, and in order to do it I have to keep a certain amount of discipline in my life, and the guitar functions as an outlet.
>>
>>8828350
>My internet friends call me Wild Willy when i drink the tuesday potion because i always get out of line

what a silly goose you are
>>
>>8827335
Well what if I drank nearly every night in 12 years
>>
File: Merle_Haggard_Dickel.jpg (158KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
Merle_Haggard_Dickel.jpg
158KB, 800x799px
>>8827619
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H94C-MGM4M

pic related
>>
>>8828914
how did you function, how do you deal with being hungover all the time?
>>
File: deniro.png (751KB, 571x749px) Image search: [Google]
deniro.png
751KB, 571x749px
>>8827888
>Captcha: close calle
>>
>>8828938
that's the thing, I rarely really get huge hangovers, it's mostly a hazy feel for part of the day except when I really hit the liquor
>>
>>8828952
did you drink during the day? How was your health, how did you look.

I find long term functioning Alcoholics fascinating.
My uncle is a crazy alcoholic I truly believe he has been drunk every day and night for the past 20 years. But he is 60 and looks like death, a ton of health problems, depressed, no money in and out of jail. It's so depressing.

how old are you, explain to me how everything ends up like that
>>
>>8827881
Stop skipping classes in order to drink. What a waste of time and money-- really you can and should find something better to do, or you'll get yourself into a dumb hole and start using excuses like "I'm a failure because i'm in my late 20's and skipped class and slacked off to do fuck all"
>>
>>8828969
>did you drink during the day? How was your health, how did you look.
No, I don't really enjoy that. But I drank to a steady buzz most every night of those years. Of course I'm not a "real" alcoholic like some in these threads, I'm merely some levels above normies. Consumption is rising, though.
>>
When you guys drink daily, do you have a limit, like one or two drinks to get a nice buzz or do you get fucked up drunk.

You see my problem is I can't find my limit. I'll get to a nice place and think well this is nice if I drink more it will be better. But it only gets worse.

How do you enjoy it?
>>
>>8828969
>>8829002
btw I'm 29, I'm depressed sometimes but I don't think the booze causes it (drinking is becoming more fun as I climb out of my previous depression, no nasty mental side-effects at the moment).
>>
I'm pretty drunk and ordered a pizza. What movie should I watch when it gets here?
>>
>>8829014
Rush Hour 2
>>
>>8829009
have you held down a decent job? Do you get laid? Do you look good for your age, hair and body? I don't mean to bombard you with questions. I have drug problems, I've hit rock bottom twice and rebuild better then sabotage myself and restart the whole process. It's so fucking self destructive and I can't figure out why I do it.

So I'm just trying to get perspective from other self destructive people to try and maybe understand why I do it I guess idk
>>
>>8827907
Why don't you quit judging pathetic loser. You look at others whose situation is worse than yours to make you feel better. My life is superior to yours, I got to school and am graduating this semester. I've already got a good job from a fortune 500 lined up after graduation. My gf of 3 years is a blonde and she ran in the Boston marathon. Your life is pathetic.
>>
>>8829014
Leaving Las Vegas is the greatest drunk movie ever.
>>
>>8829034
something touched a nerve here anon. Wanna talk about it?
>>
File: 1450464437127.jpg (87KB, 463x424px) Image search: [Google]
1450464437127.jpg
87KB, 463x424px
>>8827649
yeah , Lucky Force 8, 8%. Only comes in 4packs which is bullshit.

I dont know if you have Cariboo out there but it's the cheapest BC beer, they have an 8% version and it's fucking disgusting. It took me three beers of choking it down before I stopped wanting to puke, and it was a really weird, delirious drunk. Would not recommend but I only had ten dollars and that was the highest amount of alcohol I could afford
>>
>>8829007
>limit
Nah, just drink until I wake up again having passed out at some point, then start drinking again. All I really remember every day atm, is walking to the shop and back, then maybe an hour of drinking before I black out. It's a weird sensation when you wake a day later and do it again, even though it only feels like you did it an hour ago. My weeks are about 7 hours long. My health is very poor. I can barely walk, have almost no muscle mass at all and I'm in a lot of pain.
The shop is a 30 second walk away and I occasionally empty my puke and piss bucket. I eat a handful of food every few days. Other than that, I haven't got out of bed since august 2016 and have been drunk since 1994.
I kind of enjoy it desu.
not sure I'd recommend it though.
>>
>>8827838
drinking alone it not a good sign, I've been doing it for years. Avoid day drinking alone at all costs, that's where it gets shitty. I'm a 'get wasted in the few hours between work and bed' kinda guy and nothing bad really happens but on my days off if I don't watch my shit I can be a mess by the late afternoon.

day drinking is also how you start getting withdrawal when you're sober for a bit. I've been drinking hard for years but it's only after a long day of being drunk and not eating that I start getting the shakes and nausea the next morning.

you might be an alcoholic if you're concerned about your drinking, it takes priority over other important things, if you feel the need to hide how much you drink, or if you can't stop for a bit. or you might not be, everyone's different and alcoholism is a tricky 'disease' or whatever
>>
>>8829065
how, tell me your story. I wan't to hear it.
>>
>>8829081
Another time. Sorry anon, just feeling kinda bad right now and don't want to revisit that hell.
>>
>>8829089
how are you not homeless? Why not go to a nice rehab and stay there like 5 months
>>
>>8827907
>borderline personality disorder
i'm so sorry
>>
Drinking a beer with more to follow. I am tired of feeling so sad about losing a friend. Things just keep happening which is increasing my depression.
>>
>>8823936
https://www.kleankanteen.com/products/steel-pint-cup-16oz?variant=860277335

I fucking love these for basically any beverage.
>>
>>8827189
Club if drinking neat.
>>
>>8828185
The harshest hangovers of my life are from cider.

Much of it is likely the sulfites that ciders contain - similar to why people usually get really bad hangovers from wine which also contains sulfites.

I barely have any issues drinking hard liquors with soda. Never had a hangover from gin+tonic.
>>
What's the tastiest mixed drink consisting of one (1) kind of liquor and one (1) juice or soda I can buy from the grocery store?
>>
File: 20170418_211118.jpg (3MB, 2406x3208px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_211118.jpg
3MB, 2406x3208px
What is the best drink of all time, and why is it the Moscow Mule?

How does al/ck/ do their mules?
>>
>>8828456
There's no magic to it.

If your addiction is really bad and you get strong physical withdrawal, then a detox centre will help, but other than that it is always just going to be willpower. Once the physical danger is passed, everything else is just a matter of finding your own ways to address psychological desires.

Quitting is just making a decision not to drink and staying resolute to that. Everything else is just little tricks to fill your time, distract you, and develop new habits that take your mind away from drinking - which might include finding other ways to relax and deal with stress other than drinking. Most people can't quit because they don't have the continuous motivation they need to stay sober and they basically 'lose interest' in being sober - this is why AA has successes with regular meetings to give people that continuous motivation.

I've been sober for a while now, and I still think about getting drunk almost every single day. There's even alcohol in my house, because my wife still drinks on occassion, but I haven't touched it once. The only thing stopping me from drinking is my own decision not to do it.
>>
>>8829209
i found moscow mule flavored potato chips at a whole foods-type store the other day
>>
File: 20161230_220319.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161230_220319.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>8829235
Some one posted a picture of those the other day. Could be good?

Best Moscow Mule I've ever had was in Athens, GA. Pic related, the Harvest Mule. Not a true Moscow Mule, but it really worked cause it was just after Christmas, so definitely in season.
>>
Jesus Christ I love being drunk
I'm about 6 shots of rum in now

God everything is just perfect
Every form of entertainment is 10/10
Talking is easy
Just sitting on this couch feels like an embrace

I wish I could feel like this whenever I wanted.
>>
>>8829209

This is a fair assessment.

I also like a Mexican Mule, which uses tequila and bitters Don't have one of those fancy mugs, though.
>>
>>8829209
Had a real good one of these at an artsy fartsy mixed drink pub once
Tasted good
But charged like 20 bucks for what felt like 300 mls

Not worth the cost
If I'm at home, I'd rather have a triple rum and coke, if I'm gonna mixed drink
>>
>don't even get buzzed anymore
>like 2 years into the habit
>>
>>8829354
I'm like 2 years in too
I still get pretty buzzed on a double

Damn you must have went hard
>>
>>8823425
Anything from the state of Oaxaca is bound to be derishes
>>
kind of falling out of the drinking cycle

dont hate myself enough to put up with the hangovers and cost anymore. gonna move on to weed or just get totally sober
>>
I'm not drinking until I'm done my final exams next week. It sucks.

I'm not even craving the alcohol, I just miss the variety of drinks. I don't like pop very much so I've been drinking basically nothing but water, tea, and coffee for the last week.
>>
>>8829014
>>8829017
>>8829037

I watched Lucy. Terrible waste of time. Couldn't suspend my disbelief and the plot was just too ridiculous.
>>
Currently getting drunk on cheap Merlot
I fucking love merlot
>>
File: 1352858628910.png (6KB, 201x191px) Image search: [Google]
1352858628910.png
6KB, 201x191px
Hi AL/ck/ I drink whiskey but I want to try something else is moon shine good or should I try hard Cider?
>>
>>8829302
What bitters do you use/where do you get your bitters?

The local grocery store only has Angostura. I'll see something on Woot Wine every once in a while, but I'm hesitant to get anything.
>>
>>8829490
Angostura is the essential classic. Get a bottle of it and then look for any specialty bitters you want later. It lasts forever, anyway.
>>
>>8829462
Rum and Coke
>>
>4 hours until alcohol sale starts

the wait
>>
>>8829462
I want to know what thought process yielded moonshine and hard cider as the primary options for "what should I drink besides whiskey?"
>>
File: claireboucher.jpg (264KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
claireboucher.jpg
264KB, 768x576px
>>8829268
>I wish I could feel like this whenever I wanted.

but you can, anon

just never stop drinking
>>
>>8829537
On a Wednesday?
What crazy hour are you trying to buy booze?
>>
File: stay calm.png (71KB, 607x736px) Image search: [Google]
stay calm.png
71KB, 607x736px
>>8829548
Don't tell me that
I have to stay sober a majority of waking hours.
>>
>>8829551

It's 6am, alcohol sale is from 10am till 10pm
>>
>>8829557
Dude
Be sober for a few more hours
Jeez

Jack off and eat breakfast
Read a book while your eyes still work
>>
>>8829534
Will try
>>8829545
I don't like beer I dont like fru fru drinks , I also live in the south so I was thinking that this region got some good alcohol drinks to be fixin to wet my whistle like moonshine and hard cider. Have tried tequila but that is it but I like it.
>>
>>8829579
>south

A gin and tonic with cucumber and mint is refreshing as fuck
I think there's a separate name for that drink, but it's super good if it's hot.
>>
>>8829572
Not the guy to whom you're responding, but what he's describing is torture. I've been there a thousand times. Read a book? With sweat pouring off me, 'the fear' making me hear/see things which aren't there, and shakes so bad I couldn't hold the book still? And as for breakfast? Eating at all is a rarity for me. I haven't had breakfast for years. You've clearly never experienced this level of alcohell or anything close.
"Jeez" indeed.
>>
>>8829593
I haven't because I haven't let myself fall to it

I know the early morning hallus
It's always fucking spiders

But I persevere.
I don't drink until the sun begins to come down

I'm not gonna be one of those drunks who drink during all waking hours
Suffering during the sober time is what makes blissful inebriation that much worthwhile.
>>
>>8829599
Good for you anon, im glad to know that you are a responsiple drunk. Eat shit.
>>
>>8829642
Haha yeah it's torture

I think every drunk is either a hedonist or a masochist
Drink because you want to feel good all the time, drink because you've suffered enough
>>
>>8828386
It's hard to imagine life without alcohol if you're someone, like me and apparently you, who drinks on a daily or semi-daily basis and occasionally takes a hiatus of a few days. The reason is because you've rewired your brain to only be capable of pleasure with alcohol in your body and on your brain. With alcohol, you can enjoy just about anything, even stupid shit that would bore you sober. Without alcohol, nothing is fun.

This has its basis in physical reality. In your brain. After consuming alcohol (or any other drug) long enough, the pleasure center in your brain becomes totally dependent on it. That's why the physical vs. mental (addiction) dichotomy that some people talk about is, at best, a useful fiction. The mental addiction wouldn't exist if not for some physical addiction. The physical addiction could be limited to your brain, but your brain is still a physical part of your body. To say you're not physically addicted just means that the withdrawal symptoms you experience are so slight as to be imperceptible.

Thus, people early in recovery are often unable to enjoy stuff. Literally physically unable to enjoy things, at least to some extent. Stuff that you would have loved doing before you started drinking is now tedious. Thankfully, this doesn't last forever. For some people it may only be a few weeks, for others it may be months, and for some it could be a year or even two. But you eventually become capable of enjoying life again. and you'll take up hobbies and pastimes you dropped long ago, as well as some new ones.

In the meantime, focus on finding ways to pass the time that are tolerable enough, exercise to get the physical reward you need and are no longer getting from drinking, and throw yourself into productive activities like work that will make your life better. Trying to have fun is probably a lost cause for at least a little while, so don't make it a priority.
>>
File: 1488858144421.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1488858144421.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>8829663
Tldr
>>
missed work because I was too hungover
>>
>>8829650

I'm just bored
>>
>>8829675
I missed school..
>>
>>8829678
That's why I drink

During my sober hours
I find some threads on 4chan to shit post about and wait for responses
Sometimes I play vidya games

Grand strategy games like Civ or GalCiv help

My inner self won't allow himself to admit that he's an alcoholic so long as I only drink after 6.
So I find ways to do some things in the mean times.
>>
>>8829675
I'd never allow myself to do that.
I'd go painful days sober rather than that

I think work/other engagements are the only things keeping me from going full drunken retard
>>
>>8829690
Are you a neet?
>>
>>8829703
Half NEET
I had college with a job
Then a graduated and had only the part time
Then I tried for a full time and lost it
I've been NEET for a few months

Now I'm working as mover and applying to the military
If I'm working and busy, I can be sober

The NEETness is what makes me drink
I'm happy when I'm busy
I think that's what men feel happy doing
Men like doing something
Especially with their hands
>>
>>8829699
Some time ago I used to say that but here we are.
>>
>>8829758
Don't be Future-Me, pls
Future-Me will have a job and a life and will be happy sober
>>
>>8829763
Not if you don't stop drinking. It eventually consumes us all.
>>
>>8829772
I only drink when I'm not going to be useful tomorrow
Which is almost everyday
Still, I have principles
>>
File: 1359564337163.jpg (7KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
1359564337163.jpg
7KB, 300x277px
>>8829777
>>
>>8829788
Don't you reactionface.jpg me
I'm not a drunk
I'm can still be useful damn it
I haven't given up yet
I'm a REAL BOY
>>
File: 1359214609558.gif (453KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1359214609558.gif
453KB, 210x210px
>>8829795
>>
>>8825072
Ever seen Wheel of Fortune?
>>
just woke up, opened up a shitty lager

now i feel content with life

love you all
>>
currently drinking Don Julio Blanco Reservada mixed with San Perrerio Mango Lime (basically just cheapo soda in a 40 bottle, but it is super addicting and good)

I'm also guilty of being a Kraken fan.
>>
>>8829918
Like the rum?
>>
>>8829940
Yup. I'm a slave to Kraken and Pepsi. I'm just a slave to mixing hard liquor with shit, really.
>>
>>8829944
Shiiiit
Kraken is my fucking kryptonite

I bought a bottle like 5 years ago
Drank 3/4 in a night
Broke a couple towel racks in my apartment
Threw up a lot.

My roommate at the time said "[You] unleashed the Kraken"

Never gonna drink it again due to that experience
>>
>>8829952
Amen. I hate conspiracy theories, but nothing will ever convince me that Kraken is anything but government distributed population control.
>>
>>8829999
Nice quads

But wat

Population control?
The fuck you're getting onto?

If anything drunkeness makes me hornier
Gonna have more chiddren
Gonna forget a condom more than aught
>>
>>8830004
All of my friends who drink Kraken also happen to be my friends who cheat death every time they are drunk. I've never seen someone almost die as much as some of the people I know
>>
bacardi gold for cheapish thrills

I want to try some wine, what's some cheap and very reliable to get wine? Preferably red.
>>
>>8830031
Oh yeah
Kraken is, at least for me, a dangerous edge
So easy to drink
So sweet

Fuckin Venus fly trap
>>
>>8830039
Really depends what you are in to. Your best bet is to go to your local booze palace and just read the labels. Try to find something that seems interesting and reasonably priced, take it home and have a drink. If you want to get in to posh wine, you should look up a proper drinking guide.
>>
>>8830039
Go with Australian wine like Liedemans or Wyndham Estate merlot. They are cheap, taste good, and easy to drink.
>>
>>8826679
antidepressants make you a different person
psychedelics do too but idk
alcohol makes you the same person but just with less self-restriction and less motor control
>>
He drinks a whiskey drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink
He drinks a cider drink
He sings the songs that remind him of the good times
He sings the songs that remind him of the better times
>>
What do you consider a lightweight?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.