[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on eggs. Are they actually bad for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 15

File: eggs (1).jpg (14KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
eggs (1).jpg
14KB, 700x466px
Redpill me on eggs. Are they actually bad for you?
>>
No.
>>
Kinda high in cholesterol.

Egg whites are shit.
>>
File: gaston.jpg (1011KB, 1536x8000px) Image search: [Google]
gaston.jpg
1011KB, 1536x8000px
>>8821908
In moderation.
>>
>>8821908

>asking a board to redpill you on eggs

Man just google that shit. It's fucking common sense. Just eat them in moderation.
>>
>>8821933
Almost cried reading this
>>
>>8821933
>Nine grams of cholesterol in one sitting
FUUUCK
>>
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-cholesterol-patently-false-and-misleading-claims/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/estrogen-in-meat-dairy-and-eggs/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-says-eggs-arent-healthy-or-safe/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-choline-and-cancer/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-the-egg-board-designs-misleading-studies/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-vs-cigarettes-in-atherosclerosis/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-diabetes/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/debunking-egg-industry-myths/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/carcinogenic-retrovirus-found-in-eggs/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/egg-industry-response-to-choline-and-tmao/
>>
>>8821908
Eating 50 a day is probably too many, I think you could eat 10 a day with no problems though.
>>
>>8821908
No, they're not. They're delicious and nutritious. However, if eggs were all you ate, then you would probably experience some negative effects.

I've been eating at least 2 eggs almost every day for over 3 decades and all my cholesterol tests have measured within normal.
>>
>>8822152
The "normal" cholesterol range is based on what is financially feasible for the health care system (since the target of clinical intervention is bringing people into that range). The average cholesterol level of people with heart attacks is actually in the normal range (170 in one large analysis). You need to be below 70 LDL to have a near zero chance of heart disease or failure. Such a number can only be achieved with a near-vegan egg-free diet.
>>
>>8822187
Sounds like ass.
>>
>>8822187
muh evil microscopic blood clotters that the doctor put me on lisinopril for.

You people should stop talking about health and dietary concerns. Every 16 year old on earth claims to know which foods are "healthy" or "bad for you" and you all sound fucking asinine.
Suggestion? Shut the fuck up and eat food. Google the ingredients. Stop talking about it.
>>
>>8821908
They give me the runs about 70% of the time after I eat them (no matter how they're cooked), so I guess they're bad for me specifically
>>
File: a-w-restaurant.jpg (36KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
a-w-restaurant.jpg
36KB, 550x413px
>>8822213
Cholesterol is a leading cause of death, googled it like you asked.

>Shut the fuck up and eat food.
Doing it, pretty sure we all did.
>>
that world's oldest woman who just died at 117 put her long life down to 3 eggs a day - two of them eaten raw.
>>
>>8822234
That's fine but a myth to get you to eat stupid pills is not an ingredient.
>>
>>8822092
>linking to a vegan blog site as if it were credible
>>
File: for every animal.jpg (84KB, 452x500px) Image search: [Google]
for every animal.jpg
84KB, 452x500px
>>8822187
Don't you fags have anything better to do?
>>
Only good if you eat 50 in an hour.
>>
Cholesterol but you can balance it out if its your only source of protein.
>>
Hey grainjude, don't make it bad, take a sad song and make it better. Remember to let egg into your heart then you will find you're making it better
>>
>>8821933
How do we know he didn't just throw some eggs away?
>>
File: 1491020101765.jpg (72KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491020101765.jpg
72KB, 540x540px
>eggs are bad for you because cholesterol

Holy shit

When will this meme end
>>
>people who swear off meat but still eat eggs
It's the same fucking thing
>>
File: serveimage(3).jpg (83KB, 350x348px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(3).jpg
83KB, 350x348px
>>8821933
What?? But... Its not Gaston, it's Paul Newman in cool hand luke. How can noone in thread recognize this? Am I being pranked?
>>
>>8822733
You're a fucking idiot, son.
>>
>>8822187
I have been eating over a dozen eggs per day for the last 5 or so years and my lipid profile has remained mostly the same.

My most recent blood test showed a total cholesterol of 176, HDL 66, and LDL 98. Triglycerides 62

Anyways, from what I understand, cholesterol is mostly synthesized within the body and the production is simply turned down if you're consuming a lot via diet. Some even argue that dietary cholesterol isn't the same thing. Regardless, none of it matters because all these values are predicated on a weak sedentary sorry excuse for a human being. Anyone that is remotely active has nothing to worry about
>>
>>8821908
WTF is up with the Aus'tism with eggs? Is this amusing to you? Why?
>>
>>8822860
You're totally wrong though. Vegans who never exercise actually have healthier arteries and lower cholesterol than meat-eating top athletes. Omnivore athletes have heart attacks all the time. Bob Harper just had one a while ago, it was all over the media because "muh fitness". And your blood levels are proof that cholesterol is elevated by cholesterol-rich foods because vegans have lower levels than yours, and everybody can reach lower levels than that by eating a healthy diet.
>>
>>8822920
insert a knife into your eye and fuck off
>>
>>8822920
just because your total cholesterol is 130 and mine is 170 does not mean there is any difference in any objective measure of "cardiovascular health" like arterial wall thickening. it's a meme range used in a clinical setting to define large swathes of generally shitty humans.
>>
>>8822964
Actually the progression of atherosclerosis stops exactly at around 150 total and 70 LDL. Anything above that promotes atherosclerosis and is chronically diseased.
>>
>>8821921
Cholesterol is good
>>
>>8822985
0/10
>>
File: IMG_0710.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0710.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Mmmm
>>
>>8821908
>What is moderation, the thread
pretty much any food is fine for you if you don't stuff your face with it
>>
>>8822848
Nah senpai you're just deluding yourself that a baby chicken is in no way ACTUALLY chicken because it isn't fertilised
>>
>>8821908
While it has been established that eggs contain cholesterol it has not yet been proven conclusively that they actually raise the level of serum cholesterol in the human bloodstream.
>>
File: dat low t.jpg (141KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
dat low t.jpg
141KB, 803x688px
>>8822920
>>
>>8822414
It's a medical website from an actual doctor linking and actually explaining scientific papers and research
>>
>>8822707
This

Cholesterol, saturated fat, methionine, and choline from eggs are all bad for you
>>
>>8823507
Let the "baby checken" out of its shell. See how it walks and flaps and clucks and eats and shits like an adult.

What's that?

It just lays there in a puddle, like a blob of protein, fat, and various nutrients?

Fancy that...
>>
>>8824108
>an actual doctor
As opposed to what sort of doctor?
>>
>>8824140
Meme doctors
>>
>>8824113
Choline isn't bad for you, kek. Choline is an essential nutrient and it is nearly impossible for a man to get enough choline on a vegan diet unless you exercise so much that you can eat way more food
>>
>>8824158
Too much choline is bad for you
>>
>>8824167
Sure
>>
>>8824136
>it isn't fertilised so it isn't REALLY chicken!!!
>>
>>8824168
Thanks for agreeing. Glad to know some people aren't drooling retards here.
>>
>>8824169
chick·en
noun
1. a domestic fowl kept for its eggs or meat, especially a young one.

egg
noun
1. an oval or round object laid by a female bird, reptile, fish, or invertebrate, usually containing a developing embryo. The eggs of birds are enclosed in a chalky shell, while those of reptiles are in a leathery membrane.

An apple seed is not a tree, retard-kun.
>>
>>8822920
>Vegans who never exercise actually have healthier arteries and lower cholesterol than meat-eating top athletes.
[Citation needed]

70-75% of people have blood cholesterol levels only lightly impacted by dietary cholesterol levels

>>8822985
Are you trying to mention angiogenesis here you vegan retard?
>>
>>8824167
Too much water is bad for you

Too much vitamin K is bad for you
>>
File: 1466554441418.png (283KB, 620x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466554441418.png
283KB, 620x480px
>>8821908
>mfw I started a trend
>>
>>8821908
>Redpill me on eggs. Are they actually bad for you?
ALL OF YOU ASSHOLES WHO ARE EATING EGGS you should think about those poor chickens that are living in small cages under forced feeding regime
so they can produce eggs for you and their chicken asses being stretched to the max "pooping" out eggs in super impressive speed for your selfish eating satisfaction.
HOW CRUEL OF YOU to contribute to their suffering.
>>
>>8822733
>>8823507
>>8824169
If an unfertilized chicken egg is a chicken, then a woman's period is a child
>>
is there some device or method so I can have easily peeled hardboiled eggs
i fucking love them but they're so fucking annoying to peel
i don't usually buy one off kitchen items, but i would for eggs
>>
File: belt sander.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
belt sander.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>8825833
you can try belt sander
>>
>>8821908
back when i was a teen i would burn through 7 eggs a breakfast i had when i felt hungry. Threw some ham, green onions, and pepperjack in there too because I could. The whole thing was way over 1000 calories, and it usually kept me full the whole day.

anyone who tells you that eggs are bad for you are not to be trusted
>>
>>8825900
but a random anonymous shitposter who just turned 20 yesterday is?
>>
>>8822920
>people fall for the "meat is bad for you" meme
>2015+2
come on guys
>>
>>8825908
If they think eggs are good they could be trusted with my firstborn for all I care
>>
File: d69184c82052356fb318e2d3c262c019.jpg (415KB, 1700x1129px) Image search: [Google]
d69184c82052356fb318e2d3c262c019.jpg
415KB, 1700x1129px
>>8825833
>>
>>8825913
Meat causes disease. You would be best to avoid it.
>>
>>8825833
Use a knife to make a precise crack along the middle of the egg and then peel it under running water.
>>
>>8825923
>Meat causes disease.
Correlation != causation :^)
>>
>>8825951
NOTHING EVER CAUSES ANYTHING IT'S JUST CORRELATION
>>
>>8825982
How do vegans get sick, in your world?
>>
>>8825999
Vegans who eat a healthy diet are actually heart attack proof unlike omnivores with a """""healthy""""" diet
>>
File: 1492140225788.gif (1MB, 760x469px) Image search: [Google]
1492140225788.gif
1MB, 760x469px
>>8826101
>heart attack proof
>>
>>8826146
It's true though. People with long-term total cholesterol below 150 do not get heart attacks. Atherosclerosis and fatty streaks are an unnatural disease process caused by high cholesterol. Heart attacks are not something that "can happen to anybody", they're the symptom of a disease caused exclusively by diet and obesity. No disease, no heart attack. With cholesterol below 150, smoking, coffee and sedentary behavior do not increase heart attack risk because elevated cholesterol is the sole baseline requirement for the disease process to occur
>>
How do vegans die if they don't get diseases?
>>
File: ohmaiguuuhhhhd.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ohmaiguuuhhhhd.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>8822840

Paul Newman did hardboiled eggs. There's a line in the song "Gaston" from Beauty and the Beast where he's quoted as saying "When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large. And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a barge." I'm assuming since Gaston didn't specify how he ate them, someone just latched onto it and called it Gaston Mode.
>>
>>8821908
Yeah eggs are terrible for you. They cause all kinds of heart diseases and digestive issues.

Stop buying them so the damn price'll go down.
>>
>>8826443

My aunt was vegan most of her life. She died from intestinal cancer.
>>
What happens if I cook whole eggs in the oven?
>>
>>8827999
Nice trips on that bit of irony...
>>
>>8821921
Cholesterol in the diet is good, your body needs it to make little things like brain matter and testosterone.

It's high levels in the blood that are bad, clogging the arteries. And it's now known that high blood levels aren't really associated with eating it, but due to other imbalances in the body such as being a fatty
>>
Eggs are fantastic for clean eating fitness type diets because they contain almost all amino acids while being cheap and convenient to cook. I like them as a snack after a workout with some asparagus, roast it in the oven for 10 with some garlic and shit if you want to be fancy or just boil it for a couple minutes like the eggs and season with salt and pepper and a little butter or olive oil. Simple and nutritious as fuck.

I pretty much eat this minimalist kind of food for breakfast and lunch, then I try make something great that makes up all the rest of the calories and go to bed full.
>>
File: ginategg.jpg (12KB, 480x325px) Image search: [Google]
ginategg.jpg
12KB, 480x325px
>>8830390
not en every day technique, but i like to do this once or twice a week

STEP ONE
purchase a couple of sous vide machines from amazon, ebay, whichever suits you best. they really are the most versatile machine that everyone should have in their kitchen. perfect for all foods, from pears to rice.
STEP TWO
you want to go ahead and use at least 7 eggs for this method otherwise you wont get the yield youre looking for. separate the whites from the yolks, and place into separate bowls (duh)
STEP THREE
whisk the whites to get a bit of air into them, and do the same for the yolks to bring them together into what is effectively one giant yolk
STEP FOUR
now the problem with the giant yolk, is that it does not retain its original shape. its a liquid, not a nice sphere of yolk. this is easy to fix. soak a little gelatin in water to activate it, and boil it down in some water. once it has dissolved, let it cool, and then add it to your yolk mixture
STEP FIVE
pour some canola oil into a large bowl or tube container. i use a large vase, but obviously that isnt technically a kitchen item. it just worked well due to its volume and shape. put the oil into the fridge, and let it cool down so it is more viscous.
STEP SIX
take your gelatin yolk, and pour it into the chilled oil. this will create a giant yolk sphere, which you can then fish out with a slatted spoon. place the giant yolk into a bag for vacuum sealing. place the whites in to bag in the same way. vacuum seal both.
STEP SEVEN
have the sous vides set to 35 and 45 for whites and yolks respectively. place the bags into the appropriate baths, and cook for 1 hour 35 minutes a piece.
STEP EIGHT
remove both from the baths, remove from bags, and get a plate out for service
FINAL STEP - SERVICE
lay the whites onto a plate, and then lay your giant yolk into the centre of the whites, and voila! you have yourself a perfectly cooked, giant egg.]

like i said. not for every day, but twice a week is fine. great way to eat eggs.
>>
>>8822152
Caveboys used to have nothing to eat but eggs
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.