[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When's the last time you had a nice, comforting, unfashionable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
When's the last time you had a nice, comforting, unfashionable hot open-faced sandwich?
>>
I've never had an open faced sandwich. How do you start eating one, just bite into a half normally?
>>
Years. I go out and get one
>>
>>8819816

Mm. Diner food. I miss diners.
>>
I ordered one at a shitty diner on 6th avenue about 8 years ago. It was terrible but I ate it anyway because that's what you do at diners. Get terrible food, eat it anyway
>>
File: WRONG.jpg (303KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.jpg
303KB, 640x427px
>>8819830
With a knife and fork, like a sheperd's pie or terrine. NOT like image.
>>
>>8819836
>on 6th Avenue
Boy that narrowed it down.
>>
>>8819910
>/ck/ is yelp
I've live in NYC for the last 25 years and here's my super secret protip: they're all the same nasty pig slop. It's a mystery why these places survive, possibly they survive because it's mysterious why anyone eats there so lots of people eat shitty diner food trying to crack the code
>>
File: diner.jpg (1MB, 1005x763px) Image search: [Google]
diner.jpg
1MB, 1005x763px
>>8819920

>yelp

Come on, its not *that* bad. Japmoot has *some* morals.

There's a pizza joint in Miami near Brickell station. Worst reviews ever. People rant and rave about the shit service, the poor quality food and howl at what an overall shitty place it is. People say nicer things about serial killers. The outrage and fury that is posted online anywhere this place is reviewed is hilarious. The reviews read like a riot in progress.

Which is apparently one of the ways it stays in business. People go to see how awful it could be and expect a Pizzacolypse and discover its pretty much like any downtown pizza joint. I fell for it, checked it out and found the food and service to be exemplary. So now I have to out-do the other reviewers someday in saying what a nightmare the place was, threatening lawsuits and fulminating pure rage in reviews.

Everyone complains about the diner they visit the most.

Its a strange world we live in.
>>
about a year ago at a restaurant with the same name as a serial killer with advertisement placemats like in the op
>>
>>8819920
I live in a flyover, but I have friends who live in NY and when I visit they take me to inexpensive places with great food. I once asked them about the diners you see everywhere and they just shook they're head no.
>>
>>8819836

Diners don't HAVE to be awful. Find a good one where they make hollandaise and gravy from scratch.
>>
>>8820058
I think the trick is to find one that's been in family ops for decades.
>>
>>8820093

There was one like that near me, it had been around for about 80 years before it finally closed a while ago. Been trying to find another like it.
>>
>>8820093
Yeah, no. The one nearest me uses powdered hollandaise, karo syrup dispensers at the table, and the coffee tastes like it was brewed in a greyhound station ashtray using vintage 1960s cigarette butts. It's been run by the same family since at least the eisenhower administration, and the food is terrifyingly bad
>>
>>8819899
KEK
>>
>>8819816
I mean this seriously, so call me an idiot but answer honestly....

Do you guys consider sausage and gravy biscuits an "open faced sandwhich w/ gravy"
>>
>>8820152

I don't. I consider that a different, separate thing. I myself have never heard sausage gravy and biscuits described as an open face hot sandwich.

In my own personal experience, open face sandwiches have always been limited to beef or chicken slices with gravy over bread and usually mashed potatoes somewhere.

I would assume perhaps there is some pork version also, but I've never heard of it done with sausage gravy and biscuits, or with sausage or biscuits.
>>
>eating a sandwich with a fork
Rustles my fucking jimmies. Like when people call non green things "salad."
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.