[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deli Appreciation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

File: deli1.jpg (2MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
deli1.jpg
2MB, 2048x1360px
Do you guys appreciate delicatessens the way I do?

I have bad nerves. But today I stopped by a deli in my new neighborhood, came home, and had a delicious, worry-free meal. Now I feel great!

This marvel of civilization is so precious. Just tonight for $20, I was able to feast on ox roast, meat balls, sausage w/ peppers, tasty potato salad, cold roast chicken and ambrosia.

I didn't have to cook anything. A delicious affordable meal and leftovers for days

And look at all the stuff you can get. Sure, cured meats and cheeses, but delicious salads of every sort too. Deserts, pastas, spread, fresh sandwiches. Its already cooked, and tasty. Hot and cold, soups and snacks, sides and entree's, German, Polish, Italian- Roasted! Baked! Fried! Sauced! Seasoned! Gravy and toppings! All just ready to order to enjoy at home!

I may have to write an ode to Deli workers. You are the heart of a decent supermarket, and make a small grocery a local super star.

Tomorrow all I need is a bit of bread, and for lunch I will head-dive into the chicken salad awaiting my rapture.

Give a shout out to your favorite deli or deli dish! (if you can pick just one... or two... or three.... ^^)

Be blessed.
>>
I like anti pasta with olives peppers and cheese
>>
>>8817699
So you're fat and lazy and have social anxiety?
>>
>>8817714
who fucking cares?
>>
Why are Meijer delis always so shit when it comes to service?
>>
File: 1285817076002.png (512KB, 501x375px) Image search: [Google]
1285817076002.png
512KB, 501x375px
>>8817714

Yes.

>>8817709

I too like anti pasta, and those are my favorite parts. The wonderful thing about anti pasta, like most deli salads, is that they all have their own style. You are lucky when you can find a store that isnt a major chain, and the kitchen can make its own styles.

And you can go to different ones and find the styles of each dish you like the best. Every deli is a little different. Its awesome.

>>8817726

I couldn't say, I have never been to one. Big chains aren't necessarily bad, just typically a bit rigid and slow to evolve.

I was at a Publix that didnt seem so bad. I myself tend to go between local chains like Giant Eagle and Wegmans, and a local favorite called Shur Fine, which is my favorite.

Service is a big deal. Rude or incompetent staff can ruin return business. That and sloppy kitchens.
>>
>>8817709

Here is the type I am familiar with. Probably Italian, though there is Greek and Mediterranean types as well, and Im sure more.

I noticed you didnt mention a meat and it made me curious what sort you like. Many use ham, but there are other more exciting types used also.
>>
File: tmp_18094-images1813771714.jpg (10KB, 269x188px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18094-images1813771714.jpg
10KB, 269x188px
>>8817846
That looks good too. The one I really like doesn't have any meat in it and looks close to this
>>
I take it this board enjoys a more tranquil pace lel

I probably have to adjourn for the evening soon. But I should've asked you food smarties what sorts of recipes you have for deli stuff, either salads to make, or ways to use deli type ingredients. It can be dorm room tuna salad or a fine specialty. What matters is you made it.

>>8817875

Oh that is nice. A real celebration of the olives and peppers I see. Im crazy for black olives myself. That looks Mediterranean, perhaps. I think I see basil. I cant see the cheese you mentioned though, but that would be great. And the light oil and vinegar I presume. Very nice. And healthy too. Piquant as well.
>>
What the fuck is this thread? I thought you were a shill, but you didn't even mention a particular deli so you can't be shilling. What the fuck are you doing, OP?
>>
File: potato-salad-4.jpg (195KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
potato-salad-4.jpg
195KB, 1600x1200px
>>8817891

I.. um...

Here, enjoy this potato salad.

Another example of a dish having many variations. Here in the northeast, German region, we favor mayonnaise in potato salad. But in the Southeast, I see it made with mustard. It must be bold.

Southerners sure know how to cook, though dishes seem to be a bit sweeter across the board.
>>
File: Chicken-Salad-Closeup.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken-Salad-Closeup.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
bump with deli lurve
>>
I love delis too, especially a nice kosher deli where you can get potato knishes (the best), bagels with lox, and crunchy dill pickles. Usually I get tuna salad sandwiches at delis, since it's one of my favorite foods and I like to try different preparations of it. I get toasted rye bread, no cheese though, I hate tuna melts. I like pastrami a lot too, but it's usually too much meat for me in one sitting, so I stick to the tuna. The best is if they have an egg cream to go with (which is seltzer, milk and chocolate syrup). I live in Boston which has a handful of good delis, but NYC is really the mecca.
>>
File: deli 2.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
deli 2.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>8820187

I often hear that NYC is indeed the best for kosher delis. I wish I had taken the one opportunity I remember recently of trying a true kosher deli. Its sounds awesome and I am told NYC delis are the best!

I too love pastrami and I must try that egg cream one way or the other. I will be looking it up shortly.

And thank you for sharing your experiences. These are what I was hoping to hear, how people like their delis. I didnt realize how much I took them for granted until I moved back to a place that them and realized how much I miss the simple luxuries of a good deli.

I know it may seem silly, but a locally run deli is pretty special when you dont have one. Big chain ones are just fine and I appreciate them too. But something about small ones seem more personal. For example, if anyone knows what a Wegmans is ( a supermarket chain) has a great deli, but it is so narrow in its routine that it feels a bit sterile, and the choices, while awesome, seem overwhelming somehow. I notice big chains seem to include things you dont normally associate with delis that seem more like pre-cooked, rather unimaginative meals, like they are deliberately making leftovers.

Thats not what I go to a deli for. I want to see the wide variety of salads and creative, personal styles on new and old ideas.

If its just cured meats and some cheese, I feel let down. I wanna see crazy stuff like Ham-Mango Whipped Cranberry Relish with Pistachios rolled in Powdered Sugar and nutmeg. Stuff I could never imagine and small delis always surprise me with. Chicken sausage in pearl onions topped with bay and cumin! I want them to let their crazy out and lay it on me! ^^
>>
jew deli is best deli
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.