[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Japanese-Curry-Roux.jpg (80KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese-Curry-Roux.jpg
80KB, 600x400px
I've never made weeb curry before

so, I bought this solid curry thing

do I put the whole thing in or just 1/4 of it?
I can't read the instruction
>>
start with 1/4 at a time

wait for a bit

then add another 1/4 until you reach the consistency you like

you have to wait, cause it takes a while for it to thicken and congeal
>>
File: 1472862592797.jpg (61KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1472862592797.jpg
61KB, 600x338px
>>8814984
thx m8
>>
>>8814974
Quarter it like >>8814984 said, then dice it up. Do your meat first, and parboil your carrots and potatoes. Deglaze your pan and get the fond thouroghly mixed in with the meat, add veggies now and then slowly mix the curry into it, add water small amounts at a time and stir the fuck out of it, get your rice on right about now. Put lid on and simmer while rice is going. Deep fry pork cutlets now, should take 10-15 mins for a few. Serve, eat.
>>
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but whenever I put in the curry blocks and let it reach a rolling boil again it seems to lose some of it's flavor. The way I cook it now is:

- cook the meat first (I usually use chicken thighs, trimmed and use the fat to cook the thighs in, removing what's left of the fatty part after rendering it and before putting in the trimmed meat)
- then add in the veggies (carrots, onions, potatoes and celery)
- then the water
- cook until the water has reached a rolling boil
- turn down the heat and add in the curry blocks
- keep the heat down so that the entire pot does not reach another rolling boil
- serve the curry over rice

Also, being the fat ass that I am, I like to add some shredded cheese to the curry and maybe some hot sauce if the curry isn't hot enough.
>>
>>8815581
Cheese? Sounds terrible, but after thinking about it, it's not too far different than putting cheese in ramen.
>>
>>8815592
I've seen cheese on curry in Japan.

Also there is English on the side of the box. Use the whole thing with like 2 1/4 cups of water. If you want to make less then start dividing, you idiot.
>>
>>8815592
>it's not too far different than putting cheese in ramen.

Which is also terrible.
>>
>>8814974
I made some with the medium hot golden curry a while back. Personally the texture was pretty nice but i was a bit underwhelmed.

I made it like I would a soup

>sear chicken in a pot
>add some aromatics, cook them a bit
>add in whatever veggies you want
>pour in some chicken stock/water + bouillon
>Personally i added sweet potatoes
>bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes (might wanna do a bit less)
>add the package a chunk or two at a time
>season to taste. I added some honey and red pepper to mine

However, I'm pretty sure I cooked mine too long because all my sweet potatoes melted and the onions i had added were mysteriously absent which was kind of a bummer. How long can I get away with boiling onions, anyways?
>>
Where can I find the Vermont Curry or really any of the other brands? I've only seen the golden curry
>>
>>8815629

The international section of a well-stocked supermarket, an Asian supermarket, or mail-order it.
>>
I always use this type of curry block when I cook curry and rice. I use the whole box of it for 5 ‐ 6 people. Don't forget to turn off the stove right before you add the curry block to already boiled ingredients. Then stir until it melts. After that turn on the stove again and cook 5 to 10 more minutes. Enjoy your curry!
>>
I personally like to saute some onions in a little oil, then add the water to the onions, bring to a simmer and then add the curry blocks. I don't add other vegetables like it says on the package. While that is going, I panko bread some thin chicken cutlets and fry them (chicken katsu). Then put the chicken on top of rice and drown the whole thing in the curry.
>>
>>8814974
I know that there are english instructions on that box of golden curry on the back. Follow those.
>>
>>8815620
>15 minutes
With regular potatoes I boil it for 30 minutes. Cut them in larger chunks I guess?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.