[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salmonella

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1491224943819.jpg (9KB, 389x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491224943819.jpg
9KB, 389x500px
How do you clean your eggs if you want to process them raw?

From what I understand Salmonella is most likely on the shell. But the shell is also fragile so cleaning it too harshly could contaminate the inside of the egg.

So what do you do?
>>
Wash them in the dishwasher and then tumble dry.
>>
I buy clean eggs
>>
>>8813345
How do you know they are clean?
>>
>>8813290
All you need to do is wash them gently by hand under running water, and if you want to use soap, buy some of that "produce soap" for washing vegetables. I've washed a few eggs with dish soap before, but that's when they still had "chicken bits" stuck to them. At any rate, washing them (even if you use soap) won't contaminate the egg inside, you're not washing it for a long enough period of time.
>>
>>8813349
It says it on the box you fucking retard
>>
You're not supposed to eat raw eggs. Salmonella can be in the egg itself too.
You can buy pasteurized egg which is what food producers use when a recipe calls for raw eggs
>>
>>8813368
Alternatively you could grow some balls, stop being a pussy, live life on the edge and enjoy one of the worlds richest and finest flavours and textures - pure raw egg whites
>>
>>8813368
>You're not supposed to eat raw eggs.

What if you want to make Spaghetti Carbonara?
>>
>Salmonella from eggs
You can only get salmonella from salmon you troglodyte. It even says it in the name.
>>
>>8813379
As I said, you can buy pasteurized egg yolks and whites. Of course you "can" use raw egg but the fact of the matter is that there are many many infections stemming from such use every year.
>>
>>8813390

Fun fact: The first person to get Salmonella was a woman called 'Ella' hence the name.
>>
>>8813368
mayonnaise
>>
I would probably dip them in a very light sanitizer solution then rinse them with cool water.
>>
your pussy if you afraid of samonella you like mabey get sick for a few day every couple month not realey much worry about their
>>
>>8813290
You could always add alchohol, but personally I've eaten eggs raw for sometime now and have never gotten sick. Just make sure they're as fresh as possible if you're paranoid.

"This latter benefit was conclusively proven by microbiologists Vince Fischetti and Raymond Schuch at New York City’s Rockefeller University. They deliberately added salmonella bacteria to a batch of eggnog and analyzed the bacteria content over a three-week period. By the three-week mark, the alcohol had rendered the eggnog completely sterile. When we tried their recipe, we indeed found it smooth and drinkable, though at 14 percent alcohol it packed quite a punch."
>>
>>8813290
Soak the eggs in bleach for a day. That will do the trick.
>>
I eat raw eggs fairly frequently. There are two ways to do it in the US (offer not valid in other countries).

1. Buy pasteurized eggs. They can be tricky to find, but some specialty or hipster grocery stores have them.

2. Pasteurize the eggs yourself. It's not terribly hard to do. You can look up how online. You'll know you got it right if just the tiniest bit if white "cooked" egg (size of a grain of rice) is present when you crack it .

I'm using them for sukiyaki. What do you want them for?
>>
>>8813290
You can't simply clean them. They must be activated.
>>
>>8813290
>So what do you do?

Buy pasteurized eggs.
>>
I make legit eggnog every year. I just wash the eggs with dishsoap, pretty gently. No one has ever gotten sick, but I don't let preggos drink it, even the nonalcoholic batch.
>>
Putting it in boiling water for 5 to 10 secs and then immediatley into ice water doesnt change the doneness of your egg but kills all salmonella bacteria
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>8813362
>>
File: 1371645848050.png (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1371645848050.png
12KB, 200x200px
Just make sure your eggs are really fast.

You can tell cause they're pasteurize before you know it.
>>
>>8813290
>So what do you do?
I choose not to live in a third world country.
>>
>>8815801
>choosing your country
you've been playing too many videogames, m8
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.