[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defeating cravings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 2012__12__tommy2-380x418.jpg (57KB, 380x418px) Image search: [Google]
2012__12__tommy2-380x418.jpg
57KB, 380x418px
I'm a month into my diet, and 15 lbs down. All I'm craving right now is shitty, greasy bar food, like a burger, pizza, deep fried buffalo wings, that kind of thing.

These things don't fit in my diet and if I give myself a cheat meal, I'll probably just binge. How do you defeat these cravings?
>>
>>8806082
You don't have cheat days

Have cheat days.
>>
>>8806082
>These things don't fit in my diet
Why not? Are you just counting calories, or macros too?
>>
>>8806082
look for pictures of the grossest food you possibly can and imagine yourself eating it in extreme detail

works for me
>>
>>8806085

I refuse to do cheat days because if my discipline cracks once, I'll probably crack and give up on it all. I left out that I'm going cold turkey from alcohol as an alcoholic, so if I break my resolve on my diet, there's a good chance I'll break my resolve on the booze. This is a two month "detox" kind of thing where I get my body right before I get back to a more normal life balance.

>>8806089
Just calories, but one burger or pizza or something like that is going to be most of my daily caloric allowance, and then I'm going to have to go hungry.
>>
>>8806082
the cravings never go away and one cheat day can easily undo a week's worth of effort. have fun
>>
File: ice-cream-cone.jpg (322KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ice-cream-cone.jpg
322KB, 640x360px
>>8806144
This guy gets it.

>>8806126
I went the discipline route for a LONG time and had great success with it, never once cheated.
After I finished losing the weight I tried being a bit looser with my diet. Instead of a daily limit I set myself a weekly limit. I'll eat lightly throughout the week (usually under 1k/day) and then just eat whatever on the last day. I was nervous that it could mess me up at first but it wasn't really any harder and I enjoy my diet much more this way.

Pic Related. I'm going to eat the entire half gallon tomorrow.
>>
eat home-made veggie bean chili. beans will fill you up nice. do not eat fat at all. fat stimulates cravings.
>>
>>8806126
>I left out that I'm going cold turkey from alcohol as an alcoholic
Mate, if you lost 15 in a month, I'm going to guess this is primarily from the alcohol cutoff.

I would question how much effect the actual diet is having.
>>
>>8806082
What >>8806144 said. It comes down to your own willpower OP, and I hope you have a lot of it. I'm down from 230 - 195 after 4 months of cardio/lifting and having a strict diet. Seeing results helps me a good bit to refrain from buying shit food. However, every now and then after a night shift I'll drive past a Whataburger and I have to literally grip the wheel as tight as I can to prevent me from turning into that drive thru.

Good job not having cheat days, as that's a sign of bad things to come if my friends and family are to be made examples of. For some people one pint of icecream is all they need to slip back into back eating habits.
>>
>>8806341

I don't see any reason it can't be both booze and my strict diet. Yeah, I gained the weight because I was drinking an extra 4000 empty calories in beer a day, but cutting down calories is key to actually losing real weight.
>>
>>8806082
give yourself fifteen more days and then have a cheat meal....after that stick to your diet 80% of the time per week.
>>
>>8806082
Maybe learn how to make some shit like that from scratch well enough to satisfy occasional cravings and limit yourself that way - I find it's a lot easier to resist binging on food when you have to make it all first and you can also do stuff like just have a cheeseburger without the calories from the fries/beer/pop/whatever you're probably also getting if you order a burger at a restaurant. I dunno, you'll have a better idea whether or not that'll actually slow you down
>>
>>8806126
>Have to go hungry
You aren't hungry. Look into learning how to do IF and water fasting to really understand cravings and thirst vs actual hunger. I'm not overweight anymore and I'll still fast a day or two at a time.

Also your two month "detox" and the way you talk sounds like you're setting yourself up for failure when you inevitably crack and binge. Find a manageable (healthier) lifestyle and just do that.
>>
>>8806082
>How do you defeat these cravings?
pepperoncini
Eating one erases any craving I have, at about 2-5 calories each.
>>
>>8806082
>How do you defeat these cravings?
You don't.
Enjoy!
>>
>>8806082
Just have one small slider, only one slice of pizza, 1 or 2 wings, etc.
Usually when I have cravings I'll just have a literal bitefull to just get the flavor or I'll get a lowcal version of it
>>
>>8806388
Dude, I'm on the same path as you. I'm on a strict, severe calorie deficit diet, with supplements to meet my nutritional needs, and holy fuck the weight is coming off creepily fast. I really feel myself shrinking into my clothes, it feels great and I'm going to keep going until I hit my desired figure and eat less shittily for the rest of my life. 200 pounds was my wake up call, so after 4 weeks, I was down to 176 at the time I weighed myself, and it freaked me out. Another four weeks and I'm here at 162, I'm almost there. For me, the first couple of days were the fucking HARDEST. I was pulling in to Whataburger, and at the last second FORCED myself to get out and go home. Another time, I broke and ordered something, but in the line I checked for my card and realized I left it at home and just left, luckily that saved me. Now I'm still going and yes, the weight loss has slowed, but I understand that the sharp drop was a bunch of water weight and loose fat, but realizing that I'm still dropping without any health problems motivates me further. Drink lots of water!!
>>
>>8806693

What I'm saying is that if I have one burger at 1000 calories or whatever, I'll be a lot less full than if I make some lean chicken and veggies for two meals. I understand I'm not starving for these particular things.

When I'm done with the two month "detox," I'll be slowly shifting into maintenance mode - right now I'm trying to lose weight to get into the range I want to be. I'm 180 of this typing and would like to be in the 160s at 5'11. When I'm done I'm not just going to start chugging beer and order a whole pizza, but I'll allot myself 2000 calories in a day instead of 1000-1200.

>>8806751
I'd rather not take the risk of getting a few bites in. I don't miss the flavor so much that a biteful is going to do anything more than make me want to chow down on the whole thing.

>>8806762
Yep, sounds like the exact same as me, almost scarily so. I was at 197, now at 180 as of this typing. Looking to be right around where you are in a month. Keep up the good work!
>>
File: tumblr_ocxvlsgH8r1r85bico2_250.gif (2MB, 178x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocxvlsgH8r1r85bico2_250.gif
2MB, 178x400px
looks like its time for the ol chew n spit
>>
>>8806334
t. low test beta cuck

not eating fat will kill your libido and test levels, don't do this
>>
>>8806082
eat some high quality steak and some cheese. ta-daaa cravings gone.
>>
TWO WORDS, OP:

PALEO
>>
put more skill points into willpower you filthy savage
its just food
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.