[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chicken breast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: _20170412_121634.jpg (704KB, 2523x1783px) Image search: [Google]
_20170412_121634.jpg
704KB, 2523x1783px
How do I cook chicken breast without it fucking up and coming out like a complete mess?
>>
>>8804979
Is that mashed potatoes and gravy on top of it?
>>
Brown on a pan and put into an oven 200c with temp meter on it, take out at 70c.
>>
File: 1003.jpg (27KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1003.jpg
27KB, 650x366px
TAKE OUT CHICKEN OF THE FRIDGE LET RELAX 5 MINUTES BEFORE COOKING IT

NEVER COOK IT STONE COLD

LET IT SIT TO ROOM TEMPERATURE

SEASON IT

WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS YOU ANIMAL

HOT PAN

OIL IN, GRAPESEED OIL

PUT CHICKEN IN

GET SOME NICE COLOR ON THE SKIN

THEN IN THE OVEN SKIN SIDE DOWN 8 TO 10 MINUTES
>>
File: garbage_cc.jpg (180KB, 1367x1692px) Image search: [Google]
garbage_cc.jpg
180KB, 1367x1692px
>>8805030
>grapeseed oil
>>
>>8805030
What meat Do you cook at 4c?
>>8805034
Obviously you use an oil that doesnt have low smokepoint if you want colour on meat.
>>
>>8805034
You clearly don't know much. Many world-class restaurants cook with grapeseed oil because it's neutral-tasting with a high smoke point
>>
>>8805039
>What meat Do you cook at 4c?
What do you mean by that ? Most people cook their meat straight out the fridge. And you can't really blame them, they're just trying to apply what they learned in food hygiene 101, but still, it's wrong.
>>8805034
Educate yourself. Much higher burn content so you got more room to avoid fucking up. Plus neutral taste, contrary to live oil.
>>
>>8804979
If you're biggest problem is an underdone inside, you should consider flattening your chicken breasts or buying thinner ones. For a basic marinade, a cheap bottle of Italian Dressing added to the breasts in a bag and chilled for 4+ hours will do fine
>>
>>8805050
>Most people cook their meat straight out the fridge.
I doubt that since every youtube recipe Ive seen or the recipe instructions on the packaging say "take the meat out of fridge 30 min before cooking".
>>
Marinate like how you make love to woman breasts
>>
>>8805068
>30 min

Fucking overkill.

Five minutes is plenty enough.
>>
>>8805068
First off, I see some recipes talk about that but frankly it's very few out of the whole.

Second, 30 min isn't anywhere near long enough for anything to come up to temperature. 30 min out of the fridge will be barely warmer than fridge temps.

If you want a piece of meat to come up to room temperature it takes hours, not 30 min.
>>
>>8805077
>If you want a piece of meat to come up to room temperature it takes hours, not 30 min.

Which is why "room temperature" should be interpreted as "just wait a little bit". Nobody is stupid enough to let white meat rest around for hours at room temperature.
>>
>>8805076
30 min is pointless.
5 min even moreso.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/06/the-food-lab-7-old-wives-tales-about-cooking-steak.html
>>
>>8805083
>Which is why "room temperature" should be interpreted as "just wait a little bit"

But that achieves absolutely nothing. It's pointless.

>>Nobody is stupid enough to let white meat rest around for hours at room temperature.

Depends on how long you mean. Having bulk food in a restaurant out for hours? Of course nobody does that. You, at home, taking your chicken out of the fridge 3 hours before you know you are going to cook it? No problem. I've been doing something like that every few days for the past twenty years.
>>
>>8805088
>steak

Did i need to point out the difference with chicken ?
>>
>>8805108
>Did i need to point out the difference with chicken ?

Only if you have magical chicken which doesn't follow the laws of thermodynamics.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.