[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys like to quickly make potatoes? I like to oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

How do you guys like to quickly make potatoes? I like to oil em' up, add rosemary/salt/pepper, put them in a cast iron pan, and throw them into the oven?
>>
>>8804883
I like to grate them and make hash browns. Or slice'em and make fries in my deep fryer.

Problem is i can never use them fast enough and they get soft and start to sprout.
>>
>>8804883
par boil, toss with oil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder, spread out on baking sheet with a lip, and bake at 425 for around twenty minutes to get crispy
>>
>>8804883
>>oven
>>quick
Lol, that's the slowest possible way to cook a potato, anon.

>>8804893
This anon gets it.
>>
>>8804893
what size bag are you buying? places like aldis sell like two pound bags in addition to the five and ten pound bags, also lots of grocery stores have them where you can buy them individually and just pick however many you want instead of getting a full bag
>>
>>8804899
I don't have a deep fryer and pan frying stuff makes me nauseous for some reason.
>>
>>8804904
Usually the bags i buy have around 8 potatos in them. I buy sweet potatoes seperately tho.

>>8804899
Oven is good for sweet potatos. Albeit not very quick. Usually takes about an hour or more. I like to open up the top side and throw some butter and sugar in it.
>>
>>8804913
Gas or electric?

You might be sensitive to the stuff the burners put out. Try running the microwave fan while you cook?
>>
>>8804916
yeah sweet potatoes you gotta buy individually cause there's no quality control, if you get a bag you'll get a bag of shitty ones with spots that need to be cut off
>>
>>8804920
Electric. Unfortunately, the fan doesn't do much good. I've tried cleaning and switching out the burners before, but it didn't change anything.
>>
>>8804941
my guess is the burner is getting too hot for the type of oil you're using.
>>
>>8804916
>Oven is good for sweet potatos. Albeit not very quick

That was my point. OP asked for quick, and the oven ain't it.

Anyway, OP, just about any other method will be faster than the oven. Boil them. Microwave them. Pan-fry them. Saute them. Deep-fry them. Make hash browns or latkes.

Oven-roasted potatoes like the OP pic are god-tier but it's sure as fuck not "quick".
>>
>>8804958
virtually no one does it but restaurants but if you keep par boiled potatoes on hand in the fridge then the oven is just about as fast as anything else, but yeah from raw the oven is the longest route
>>
>>8804973

Yeah, that would help save time, but even with the taters being parboiled it's still a lot slower to roast them in the oven compared to boiling, boil+mash, sauteed, or deep fried.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.