[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn to cook..?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1491358620438.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491358620438.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
How do I learn to cook..?
>>
Cute animu gal. Sauce?
>>
>>8804734
Learn to starve.
>>
Online guides.
>>
>>8804734
Go with online guides.
I used to look for ingredients on sale at the store and then find recipes on my phone I was interested in.
>>
>>8804742
Hifumi from new game
>>
Think of a thing you want to cook
Look up a recipe and follow it
Rinse
Repeat
>>
>>8804776
This.
Whenever you fuck up, which will happen quite a bit no matter how good you are, practice doing that. Can't poach an egg? Get a couple cartons and practice. Shit like that.
>>
>>8804771
Thank you, kind anon. Been wanting to watch that. I just may.
>>
Read
>>
>>8804849
Ah shit I thought this was /lit/
>>
File: sticky-sweet[1].png (744KB, 433x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sticky-sweet[1].png
744KB, 433x1000px
>>8804742
>Sauce?
enjoy
>>
File: download (1).jpg (15KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
15KB, 300x168px
>>8804734
Practice, patience, and perception.

>Practice
Cooking is a skill like any other, so actually doing it a lot is the fastest way to git gud. Rather, it's the only way and it's not particularly fast, because cultivating skill takes time.

Learn basic techniques first. Understand how your tools work and what to do with them. Online guides are good for this. Your tools don't have to be high quality, you just need to know how to use them.

>Patience
Practice is hard and frustrating. You will fuck up a dish at least once before you learn how to do it. Some dishes will be more of a challenge. Some might be impossible for you because you don't have the right tools or skills yet. Practice isn't shit unless you have the patience to do it again and again. It's also important to exhibit patience with some techniques. In some instances, things take a lot of time to cook, and can be ruined or just not be as good if you rush it.

>Perception
Trust your sense in cooking. Get to know the flavors of your ingredients and develop a palate. It would be wise to just take a day to taste your various spices and other plain ingredients. Understand that smell and taste are very closely related senses that inform each other. Before you know it, you'll know what spice a soup needs by smell and pick out individual ingredients by the taste of the final dish. It also helps immensely in figuring out how fresh stuff is or when it's done cooking.

But more than any of these things, the prospective cook must be an inquisitive, creative mind. You will explore new frontiers of taste and texture, experience a small part of world cultures through their foods, and you'll make more than a couple abominations because you asked yourself "What if I do this?" Occasionally, you'll come upon a new combination or technique that actually works very well.

Happy cooking, and remember that recipes are more like guidelines than rules.
>>
>>8804734
Cooking isn't something you can learn.
Either you are born with this gift or you will never sucessfully cook a meal for yourself.

Just give up.
>>
>>8804734
like you learn to do everything else, study and practice
>>
Don't fall for the "read and online guides" meme.

Guides, online or not, gives you a direction. That's it. The only way to learn to cook is to practice cooking.

You will fuck up. Period. Multiple times. That's how you learn cooking. You fuck up until it's not fucked anymore and you educate yourself in the process. No guides can teach you that.
>>
>>8804960

Anyone too stupid to realize "oh hey my food didn't turn out like the recipe said it should. I wonder what I did wrong" isn't going to learn any better by cooking completely unguided.
>>
>>8804734
you don't. welcome to /ck/.
>>
>>8804960
I don't think anyone expects that you can read a guide (online or in print) and become an expert without practice. OFC practice is crucial.

But a guide can save you a lot of time by starting you out correctly. Guides can show you how to hold a knife properly; what's the best procedure for filleting a fish or breaking down a chicken, and so on. Clearly there's no replacement for actual practice, but a guide can save you from wasting time practicing things the wrong way.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.