[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why not fried red tomatoes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: Fried-Green-Tomatoes.jpg (46KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
Fried-Green-Tomatoes.jpg
46KB, 700x350px
why not fried red tomatoes?
>>
>>8804123

Green tomatoes aren't as ripe and therefore are (1) firm and (2) sour... making them far more ideal for frying than regular tomatoes.

Basically, fuck you.
>>
>>8804123
>frying everything
do americans really do this?
>>
>>8804147

Scots and bingbongs, not Americans.
>>
>>8804123
because FGT has that awesome apple taste.
>>
>>8804123
They work very well. I love slicing a small tomato in half and frying it up.
>>
>>8804147
In a frying pan, place a tomato, sliced in half when you're fringe bacon, eggs, sausages, etc. The tartness and acidity helps to cut through the rest of the fry up and adds extra dimension of flavour.
>>
>>8804147
>do americans really do this?

fried everything is a britbong thing no?
>>
>>8804196
>les friedbifs
Nope.
>>
File: green zebra mater.jpg (23KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
green zebra mater.jpg
23KB, 400x300px
So they have to be unripe? What happens if you make them with fried ripe green tomatoes?
>>
>>8804324
Probably not as good. Unripe tomatoes are firmer and have a really nice tart flavor.
>>
>>8804163
>fried chicken
>fried pickles
>fried tomatoes
>fried doughnuts
>fried BUTTER
>fried mozzarella
>fried burgers
>chips are called fries
>fried everything
>everything is deep fried

>vs fried fish and chips
no
>>
>>8804324
Ripe tomatoes have too much water and won't fry correctly. The stiffness of green tomatoes is softened in the fryer and make a nice counterpoint to the fried exterior, even better with goat cheese
>>
File: 1457465921906.png (1KB, 473x454px) Image search: [Google]
1457465921906.png
1KB, 473x454px
>>8804351
>Ripe tomatoes have too much water and won't fry correctly
But fried pickles are a thing, and cucumbers are 96% water compared to tomatoes' 94%.
>>
File: muchy box.jpg (35KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
muchy box.jpg
35KB, 620x413px
>>8804342
*clears throat*
>>
>>8804163
Scots are Bongs though.
>>
>>8804366
Technically, in American parlance, those are grilled.
>>
>>8804414
wrong, fake news
>>
>>8804365
content of water doesn't necessarily relate to how it's held
the water in cucumbers is more uniformly held throughout the fruit,
whereas the tomato has a slightly thicker, more fleshy exocarp and very viscous pockets inside

you have a workable water content, but not the right fruit structure

as a further case in point, watermelon has 92% water-by-weight but no-one really fries watermelon
you don't get the total desired effects of frying
>>
File: deep fried coke.jpg (27KB, 250x441px) Image search: [Google]
deep fried coke.jpg
27KB, 250x441px
>>8804342
also
>FRIED Coke
>>
Some dumb mutha fukahs up in here

We dont fry red tomatas cuz thems for eatin fresh
they ready they good you jus eat em

Green tomatas been picked to early and they aint never gonna grt red so we do what we do to everything tuat dont taste no good

We cover it with bread or batter and put it in hot oil.

Yall act like ya never been in the south
>>
File: green papaya.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
green papaya.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>8806553
>y-ass fried chicken. Watery grits. Crock-pot barbecue. It's terrible.
>>>
> Anonymous 04/12/17(Wed)21:54:57 No.8806440▶
>What's the best cheesesteak in Philly and why is it Daless
ROFL.

This is the truth though. They're preseason. A way to enjoy the tomatoes early. I think what makes fried green tomatoes so delicious is that the breading is a cornmeal, which adds a dimension of flavor, not just supernice crispiness. I hit mine with hot sauce before it gets breaded in the cornmeal. I like the extra tartness of the vinegar in there, and the tingle of heat too, of course.

Know what else is intentionally and purposefully enjoyed unripe in recipes? Green mangoes (caribbean) and papaya (asia). These aree incredibly different and commonplace recipes, not odd at all.
>>
>>8806577
Oh, and I forgot canning unripe things..

Mmm green mango chutney is worth picking all the mangoes early, and there are some varieties of mango intentionally grown by people for their use when green, and not at all for when ripe. But jerk pork + chutney = heaven
>>
>>8804410
Scots are most definitely not Bongs. Do you even Yuropoor? I'm a fucking Burger and I know how this shit works.
>>
>>8805201
Thanks anon, makes sense
>>
>>8806608
I'm Scottish, we're British, regardless of what the SNP screech.
>>
>>8806608
Scotland is part of the UK and part of Great Britain. They're British.
>>
File: pansear.jpg (35KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
pansear.jpg
35KB, 475x475px
Because it's better to just sear them than outright fry them.
>>
>>8804410
Scots don't have the ever present bong in their psyche. Maybe bagpipe sounds. Typing out brwawarwahgha takes too long though.
>>
>>8806478
WA LA
>>
>>8807547
Bongs are English. Are you English? No, you're Scottish. You're all British, but Bongs are specifically the English because it refers to Big Ben.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.