[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/utting boards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: shitboards.jpg (18KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
shitboards.jpg
18KB, 736x981px
what does /ck/ cut on?
no meme shit.
im currently using flexsheets for practical reasons.
>>
File: d732ca3c14ec.jpg (976KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
d732ca3c14ec.jpg
976KB, 3264x2448px
myself
>>
>>8803355
"edgy"
>>
how does anybody use those cutting mats
>>
Wood is antibacterial, but I've heard bamboo is as well.
>>
Those flexsheets are the absolute worst. Very difficult to secure against slipping on the counter and no stability at all.
>>
>>8803390
bamboo is pretty hard on the edges of you knives though. Wooden endgrain boards are the ultimate cutting surface for the home cook. And restaurants only use rubber or plastic for practical reasons.
>>
>>8803391
i put a towel underneath....
>>
>>8803353
I use flexsheets for cutting poultry and fish and have a small wooden board for veggies and everything else.
>>
>>8803355
Cutting is boring. Its old hat by now. Parents dont care, peers dont care.
>>
My mom buys shitty tiny dollar store cutting boards that warp and bend and don't lay flat. What can I buy so my family doesn't have to suffer with this shit
>>
>>8803573
Wooden endgrain cuttin board. see above.
>>
>>8803355
lol cut deeper faggot
>>
File: IMG_2613.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2613.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I have about 20 $1 polyethylene cutting boards. Dishwasher safe and antibacterial. The second they get misshapen, it's into the trash and a new polyethylene cutting board takes its place.

I have a couple nice wooden ones that I burn art into with a soldering iron. Pretty much just use them for serving bread or cheese.
>>
>>8803729
How dreadful. Do you realise how bad that is for the environment?
>>
>>8803355
Its 'down the road' not 'accross the street' you attention seeking homosexual
>>
>>8803729
they will flatten back out, just put them under a rigid board and some weight on top. i have to store them this way as i have a small kitchen, but its how i keep them straight.
>>
>>8803741
polyethylene is the only food-grade plastic that is infinitely recallable. It's actually great for the environment.

>>8803933
they stay pretty flat in a stack of 20. they get washed and put back on the bottom of the pile.
>>
>>8804129
>made from petroleum
>good for environment
>>
>>8805087
It's better than the wood that either needs to be mixed back into a paste for recycling or harvested using petroleum burning machines
>>
I use a walled chopping board so I dont need two different ones for meat/veg
>>
Speaking about that, how do you clean a board after, let's say, handling raw chicken in it ?

I'm an hygiene freak and i want my shit 100 % secure.
>>
>>8805115
I just wash mine with soap and water.

If you're paranoid then disinfect it with a 5% bleach solution.
>>
>>8805115
Your chopping board for meat will never be 100% clean, shit gets stuck in the scratches and cant be scraped out. Chances of food poisoning are non existent at that point anyway.
>>
>>8805115
>But as a rule of thumb, you should avoid cutting raw meet on a wooden cutting board. Bacteria can seep into the crevices of the wood and fester, contaminating the surface.
>>
I have three white plastic cutting boards that I had made at my local restaurant supply store. They make cutting boards to order--any size you want. I measured what the largest possible size could be that would still fit in my dishwasher and ordered three of them.

I also have a fancy wood one that I use for serving.
>>
>>8803353
Some wood block I took from my parent's house
>>
>>8805130
>All wood cutting boards are naturally antibacterial and will actually neutralize 99.9% of bacteria left on the woodwithin 24 hours
>>
>>8803729
you made that with a soldering iron? like you burned the design into the wood? if so, shit is cash, dude. nice job.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.