[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My grandma recently had a stroke and can only eat puree. But

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Cauliflower-Puree-1024x678.jpg (118KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
Cauliflower-Puree-1024x678.jpg
118KB, 1024x678px
My grandma recently had a stroke and can only eat puree. But the hospital food is absolute trash. Any ideas on what I can make for her? Just for reference, the it needs to be prepared so that it isn't liquidy at all, but she can't chew either.
>>
Look up "dysphagia diet" for ideas. Scrambled eggs and anything that tastes good mashed are the only things I can think of right now
>>
>>8802722
Just chew her food for her you ungrateful fuck.
>>
>>8802722

your grandma had a stroke in her ass?
her flacid, palid n' cold ass?
u mean a STROKE in her ass??????

hmmmweed
>>
>>8802836
Ya gotta mama-bird it to her
>>
Take a pillow and hold it firmly against her face until she stops struggling
>>
OP , listen to
>>8802765
Dysphagia is a thing. When my mother was in recovery from esophageal cancer and complications, dysphagia resources saved her life.
>>
>>8802722

Here's what you do. Make a dish, preferably with softer textures and ingredients and turn it into a puree in a food processor. Blend the shit out of it. You can slowly add water (or milk if appropriate) to get the consistency just right. I've learned to match to consistency to that of vanilla pudding; soft but still able to retain form on a spoon. You'd be surprised how close the puree will come to tasting like the original, just more homogeneous. Works especially well with omelettes, stews and Mexican.

PROTIP: avoid high levels of spice and acidity.
>>
>>8802722
Soylent green
>>
Roast parsnips and then puree them. You can also do the same with any cooked fruit and it will be good.

Perhaps look into getting an ice cream maker and you can make her a wide variety of delicious homemade ice cream, try fig and ricotta ice cream for example.

Speaking of ricotta, which has lots of protien and calcium with little fat if you get the part skim kind, maybe you can mix ricotta and tomato sauce together and then nuke it and mix in some REALLY overcooked pasta, like, boil ditalini pasta for around 10 minutes until it is about to fall apart and give that to her. The protien in the ricotta should help keep her fuller.

You could also make homemade refried beans and experiment with what beans you use. Try maybe refried black beans or refried bbq baked beans and see what you get.

Blend tofu and make some homemade asian sauces for a lot of flavor, or add beef or chicken broth. You could make her some miso soup with miso paste and blended tofu.

Try your hand at some custards too, since they have egg which is protein.

I'm just trying to think of things that contain a lot of protien to keep her fuller for longer and help her feel full. I hope I have helped and I'll keep your grandmother in my prayers.
>>
>>8802989
I'm not OP but this post was really nice and I just want to say thank you for being a kind person.
>>
>>8802989
more of these posts and less "for me" and "mcchicken" posts please
>>
>>8802989
>refried black beans

Refried black beans are the best refried beans. This is a really good suggestion. A bowl of that topped with melted cheese and salsa is delicious.
>>
My mom is in a nursing home; she was on a puree diet for a while (now back to mechanical soft). But during that time, I saw the process of the diet--basically everything looks like mashed taters...

So whatever food she likes (meat aside), just try to get it to that consistency. Green bean-spinach-pea mix, avocado is easy, sweet potato, thicker soup like tomato...you can season with light garlic and oregano. OR hey--don't rule out baby food, honestly. It's basically the same thing...good luck, homie. One thing I've learned is that if they like it already, they'll be more apt to eat it...applesauce, yogurt, sweet to savory...just find her likes and cater accordingly.
>>
>>8802722
For her, it's the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.
>>
>>8803152
if you die sad, incapacitated, and alone you have only yourself to blame
>>
>>8802765
>>8802905
>>8802971
>>8802989
>>8803140
ty for the legit responses. and to others that gave me a good laugh. I will look into everything said here. Something came up with my grandma so I wasn't able to reply real time. But seriously, thank you.
>>
>>8803161
Your butthurt must be producing a lot of heat. Better take the opportunity to cool down at McDonalds with an icy, refreshing Coca-Cola!
>>
>>8803162
my thoughts are with y'all, OP.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.