[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Culinary philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 20170226_182211.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170226_182211.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Question: how long is a food item still a food item? Like you catch a fish, its a fish. Cook it, still a fish. Eat it. Still a fish. Shit it out... not much of a fish anymore... or is it?
>>
>>8795215

I have to say you suck at philosophy. Try uh.. dunno .. try kill yourself.
>>
>>8795297
At what exact time does a fish stop being a fish?
>>
>>8795215

catch it, it's a fish

cook it whole, still a fish, but cut it up and it's just "fish"

while you're eating it, it's bites of fish, unless they are small, bitesized fish, then you are literally eating a fish per bite. If you're in the process of eating a fish, it is only still a fish while it is whole. After that, it's part of a fish.

Digestion breaks down the fish and combines it with other things you've eaten, and dead blood cells. This is no longer fish, except for maybe at a molecular level if you're not digesting it fully.

While it may become possible to filter the fish out of your poop and recombine it back into a fish, would you really want to?
>>
>>8795335
Thanks for the thoughtful post

Still didnt pinpoint the exact moment a fish stops being a fish
>>
>>8795344
Fish is just an arbitrary name made up by humans and has no real meaning. Everything is just a mass of electrons no more no less.
>>
>>8795344
You need to work on your reading comprehension.

>it is only still a fish while it is whole

Thus, the moment you cut a part off the fish it's not a fish anymore.
>>
>>8795355
Agreed. So there never was a fish to begin with.
>>
>>8795215
loaded question. your fish isnt even really a fish to begin with, it could be just a cluster of proteins, or a bunch of carbon and hyrdrogen atoms

depending on your perception of time it could also be an aggregation of water and plant cells, which it will turn back into when it dies or become shit as you mention.

abstraction is subjective senpai, the answer to this question is up to you. youre basically prompting us with a ship of theseus problem
>>
>>8795367
Oh my god. Somebody is familiar with the ship of theseus problem.
>>
>>8795215
To Democrats it will always be a food item because they all eat shit
>>
>>8795355
even 'electron' is an arbitrary, subjectively created model of reality. no reason to go that small or anywhere at all
>>
>>8795215
>when is a fetus not a human?

Do we really have to have this argument?
>>
>>8795375
its a pretty popular concept, actually. unless you were being sarcastic
>>
>>8795394
No. Wasnt being sarcastic. Learned of the term a few years ago. Brilliant old world philosophy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.