[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ck/ think about keto?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

File: 1456441207041.jpg (49KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456441207041.jpg
49KB, 960x720px
What does /ck/ think about keto?
>>
>>8794960
gay af
kys
>>
>>8794960
cooking sucks without carbs desu
>>
Tastes like shit, destroys athletic performance and is incredibly unhealthy. What could go wrong?
>>
i'm never giving this up.
>>
Many people would benefit from eating less carbohydrates, but not so little they enter ketogenesis.
>>
>>8795056
Many people like who? You mean like people in Thailand and South America where most everybody is slim and healthy?
>>
>>8794960
I wonder what could possibly go wrong in this thread. Anyway, keto is too but lowcarb is the best diet.
>>
>>8795067
Idiot
>>
>>8795067
>3rd world
>healthy
>>
Having done it for a little over a week now, I can tell you the following things have happened:

>I've lost about 10 pounds
>the usual host of stuff that happens when you drop refined sugars from your diet - natural sugars are sweeter, etc
>I've actually been able to eat considerably less and still feel full, and have substantially cut down on snacking throughout the day
>my refrigerator is fully stocked for the first time in probably months if not longer, and it's about 90% fresh veggies
>I'm effectively forced to cook/prepare food for myself rather than be a lazy fuck and just get fast food

I've been chubbyfat literally my entire life, and am fucking sick of it. If giving up bread and sticking to veggies and healthy fats for nutrition is how I stop that, I'll never touch a loaf of bread again if I have to.
>>
>>8795067
>slim
>healthy
>hilarious diabetus rate from all calories being white rice
>>
>>8794960
I do keto and fasting frequently because it feels like being on adderall. Sometimes in the morining I just eat a krill oil pill, drink some black coffee, smoke a bowl, then go cycle after a couple hours. When I get back I'm so enrgetic I'm almost tweaking. It's the best feeling ever. If I'm still hungry i cook some bacon to keep the buzz going
>>
>>8795710
The diabetes rate in 1950s China, Thailand and Japan was around 0%. Calories from carbohydrates in the form of white rice around 80%. Diabetes has gone up dramatically as consumption of white rice has gone down and consumption of fat and animal products has gone up.

Why do you just make things up on the spot? Are you retarded or Jewish?
>>
>>8794960
I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's amazing. Cutting down on carbs does suck initially, but once you're past the induction phase, you won't be able to stand the taste of certain things you once ate. My ravenous sweet tooth is gone and has been replaced with a lust for fine cheeses. I've started menstruating again, after suffering from PCOS and thyroid issues. I'm bursting with energy, my hair is growing back, my nails are stronger, my libido is up, LDL cholesterol is down, and my brain fog is gone.

>>8795721
>I do keto and fasting frequently because it feels like being on adderall.
That's a pretty good way to describe it. All I have in the morning is coffee with a little heavy cream and I'm set until dinner.
>>
>>8795728

Yeah, but the amount of rice they eat hasnt changed to compensate for the other shit they consume - instead of massive ass bowls of rice and little else, it's massive ass bowls of rice alongside everything else.
>>
>>8795721
>>8795740
To get into ketosis, you guys eat less than 20g carbs a day?

I've been trying to keep my intake at ~20g. It's challenging for me, personally. After about week I've already noticed weight loss, so this is pretty cool. When I get over this cold I'm going to step up my exercise routine to compliment the diet.
>>
>>8795728
>The diabetes rate in 1950s China, Thailand and Japan was around 0%.
>Life expectancy was also 25 years shorter oh whoops there goes my stupid argument

Ok?
>>
>>8794960
Keto imo is one of the easiest plans to stick to
It's how I originally lost all of my excess weight, helped me learn tons of new recipes, and overall experiment with different seasonings and different ways to cook things.
The only thing I really craved though were fruit
Planning to go back on it in the next few weeks since it made me feel great desu
>>
>>8795754
>To get into ketosis, you guys eat less than 20g carbs a day?
Net carbs. Say you're eating a cup of spinach. That's 1g carbs and .7g of fiber. Subtract the fiber from the carbs and you're left with about .3g of net carbs.

>When I get over this cold I'm going to step up my exercise routine to compliment the diet.
Make sure you keep your electrolytes up.
>>
>>8795728
>statistics from backwards, blood-thirsty countries over 60 years ago are accurate or relevant
Hah!
>>
>>8795788
>Make sure you keep your electrolytes up.

Fiber too. Hoo man, taking a high fat, low-fiber shit is NOT something I'd recommend. Especially if you've been eating jalapeno peppers.
>>
If you want to be healthy, your meal should be plant based and not meat based. Although, I do think keto does have a place in the short term for weight loss. I wouldn't do it for the long term since meat tends to have an inflammatory effect on the body.
>>
>>8795788
>>8795844
Thanks guys!

By the way, have you bothered with those urine test strips to test for ketones, or is that pointless?
>>
>>8795889
buy the strips

I've been doing it for a year and 4 months, lost 90lbs so far. You need to eat the right stuff though, you should be munching on chicken breasts, fish, shrimp, lean beef etc not sausage bacon and pork rinds

All of your carbs should come from veggies, don't eat a reeses cup because you can "afford" it.
>>
>day one
>feeling fine

>day two and three
>my body and mood feels different. not in a negative way, i just feel something's off

>day four
>suden stomach ache. feel sick as fuck. hunched over the toilet bowl for an hour, just puking and puking

>continues until day five
>give up and eat some bananas
>sickness gone in less than an hour, feel completely fine again
>say fuck it and just eat normal food while counting my calories

Keto is not for me. i've never felt sicker. it was as if my entire stomach was twisted in a knot and i got dizzy every time i stood up.
and i did everything right too. i kept carbs to under 30-20g and ate lots of fatty food like eggs and meat while taking vitamin pills.
>>
>>8795889
They're highly inaccurate, so you're better off getting a blood ketone meter.

>>8795844
>Especially if you've been eating jalapeno peppers.
Yeah, I had jalapeno-cheddar soup this morning. My husband (also keto) was in and out of the bathroom at least 5 times in the span of two hours because he hasn't been paying attention to his fiber. Yikes.

>>8795867
That largely depends on the person. I grew up vegetarian and, to help deal with health issues, I went vegan for a few years. It nearly destroyed my body because, for whatever reason, I can't handle carbs. Eating moderate meat and high fat does the opposite for me.
>>
>>8795907
90 in 4 months! Incredible. Appreciate the advice.
>>
>>8795907
>buy the strips
They're too inaccurate. They don't measure all types of ketones produced by the body, only what you excrete via urine. And as you become keto adapted, you're going to be peeing less ketones. Hydration can also really mess up the reading.
>>
>>8795924
That sounds a lot like keto flu. Did you keep your electrolytes and water intake up? My husband went through the same thing (with additional side effects) because he didn't listen when I told him to drink broth with me. I ended up avoiding it completely.
>>
>>8795938
i drank a lot water, but i can't remember what i did for electrolytes.
>>
>>8795943
When you up your water, you have to up your electrolytes as well. I drank a lot of bone broth and added Lite Salt to everything.
>>
>>8795951
>I drank a lot of bone broth

What does it feel like to be unaware of what stock was until you learned about it's new name via a fad diet?
>>
>>8794960
Lost over 100 lbs on keto

Was pretty easy and not terrible, but as far as cuisine goes it can be lame, I ended up mostly eating the same few things for the duration

Keto can be great for weight loss for someone who's disciplined enough and knows what they're doing, so basically it's shit for most fatties

Goes without saying keto isn't the most culinarily interesting thing
>>
>>8795943
>>8795951

Remember that magnesium and potassium are also electrolytes you might be lacking (potassium especially, considering you were fine after the banana.) There's a reason you see avacados and spinach in so many keto food lists.
>>
>>8795955
>What does it feel like to be unaware of what stock was until you learned about it's new name via a fad diet?
I knew what it was, but if you read above, I was vegetarian/vegan for many years. I always say vegetable broth or bone broth when I'm talking to people so they know exactly what I mean.
>>
>>8795955
>fad diet
>been around since the early 1900s to treat epilepsy
pick one
>>
>>8795982
>it's good at treating epilepsy, so other people should do it too!
literally the definition of a fad diet
>>
>>8795987
its clearly good at a lot more than that though
>>
>>8795970
>so they know exactly what I mean.

As opposed to saying "chicken stock" or "vegetable stock"?
>>
>>8795982
>pick one
I pick fad diet.

Just because it's been around for ages doesn't mean it's not a fad. In the last several years it's massive surge in popularity is clearly a fad.
>>
>>8795925
> I went vegan for a few years. It nearly destroyed my body because, for whatever reason, I can't handle carbs. Eating moderate meat and high fat does the opposite for me.
You should go to the nearest university and become a case study, given that your case would refute decades of established science according to which it does not "depend on the person" whether saturated fat and cholesterol will destroy your body.
>>
>>8795994
>As opposed to saying "chicken stock" or "vegetable stock"?
I use those as well.
>>
>>8795993
yes, it is, but like >>8795996 pointed out, it's still, quite literally, a fad diet, in the sense that it has become a fad for no good reason, even if there are good reasons
>>
>>8794960
it works for weight loss but not worth it in the long run
>>
>>8795072
it's the same damn thing
>>
>>8795999
>You should go to the nearest university and become a case study, given that your case would refute decades of established science according to which it does not "depend on the person" whether saturated fat and cholesterol will destroy your body.
I had very high LDL cholesterol and low HDL before keto, which is somehow linked to my PCOS. Now my HDL is up, LDL is lower, and overall cholesterol is lower. It's a pretty common thing to read about if you hang out on keto forums. It's not associated with weight loss either, because I've pretty much stayed the same.
>>
>>8795745
>>8795759
>>8795798
/ck/ tier debate

p. sad tbhh
>>
>>8796022
>going to your rotten shithole of a circlejerk community to communicate with other mongoloids about their anecdotes

No thanks
>>
>>8796045
You're adorable.
>>
>>8795924
What the fuck did you ate to be sick to the point of vomiting in four days ?
>>
File: 1490978478156.jpg (2KB, 110x125px) Image search: [Google]
1490978478156.jpg
2KB, 110x125px
>>8796037
>i'm posting for some reason
>>
>>8794982
I read that as "sucking cocks without carbs desu."
>>
>>8796165
you need a bi-daily dose of protein to make up for all those carbs, anon
>>
>>8795721
>smoke a bowl
DEGENERATES
OFF
MY
WHOLSOME
COOKING
BOARD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8795926
re-read

16months

>>8795933
I still piss on the far end of positive after 2 months of solid keto, and I have a cheat weekend about that often to reset.
>>
>>8796150
no idea, i'm not a nutritionist.
i ate according to the instructions, counted all my cals, carbs, proteins, fats, you name it. it came out of nowhere too. i just got really sick.
i've read a bit about the keto flu, and if one of the other posters here are correct, i guess i just forgot to watch my electrolytes.
>>
>>8795924
Doesn't that make you wonder that your body is breaking under the stress of an addiction to carbs?

Everyone else is able to smoothly cut out carbs. Why can't you? Doesn't that concern you?
>>
>>8794960

it works.

it's the only diet that's different from any other diet.

ketogenesis is scientifically proven.
>>
>>8796407

We figured out why, was missing key nutrients. please read the rest of the thread.
>>
>>8795924

the keto flu happens. it can last up to two weeks. the worse it is, the worse your addiction to sugar.

go through with it.
>>
>>8796437
>>8796407
Not sure if this is satire or actual cultists
>>
>>8796013
low carb just means a low amount of carbs, usually 50-150 g a day. To enter ketosis you need to eat a lot of fat and usually not more than 15-30 g carbs a day. ketogenic diets' pure intention is to enter ketosis.
>>
>>8796013
It's not the same thing dumbass, keto is under 20-30g of carbs, lowcarb is under 50 or 100.
>>
>>8796441
>people post relevant information in a thread about a specific topic
>HURR CULT SHIT STOP NOW
fuck off bread addict
>>
>>8796453
>to enter ketosis you need to eat a lot of fat

I think the idea is that the fat you're eating (preferrably mono/poly unsaturated) is just a replacement source of the calories you need to just keep existing, since you're no longer getting as many calories from carbs. Less "eating lots of fat" and more "replacing carbs as your primary energy source."
>>
>>8796441

>anything i don't like is a cult

is this a cult mentality?
>>
File: img_8523.jpg (50KB, 470x315px) Image search: [Google]
img_8523.jpg
50KB, 470x315px
>>8796470
>Less "eating lots of fat" and more "replacing carbs as your primary energy source."
This.
>>
>>8796470
>>8796518
is it really wrong to say eat a lot of fat though? what food cultures with (sort of) balanced nutritients eat as much fat as people on keto?

and yes I have minimal experience with it, so you're welcome to roast me if I'm completely off
>>
read the fucking /fit/ sticky and get this fad diet horse shit off of my board
>>
>>8796545
>is it really wrong to say eat a lot of fat though?
It depends on the individual and their goals. You only need fat for sating hunger, and depending on the person, it may not be a lot. But of course there are people that chug bulletproof coffee all day.
>>
>>8796557
You're not on /fit/. Also, carb cycling on keto is a thing for those that lift and find it difficult to make gains.
>>
>>8794960
Meme diet for wannabe vegans
>>
>>8796545

That depends on what you would and wouldn't consider "balanced nutrients," but Inuits have a nutrient balance of about 50/30/20 fat/protein/carbs, due to the necessity of the environment.
>>
>>8796586
You're a fucking idiot, son.
>>
>>8796586
>wannabe vegans
wut
>>
>>8796586

>vegans

>the diet where people may eat nothing but meat

it's literally the opposite of what you said it is
>>
>>8796586
>wannabe vegans
>the diet almost always consists of massive amounts of meat-based proteins
you alright pal?
>>
File: 1414392172793.png (318KB, 1220x1488px) Image search: [Google]
1414392172793.png
318KB, 1220x1488px
>>8796545
Eating a lot of fat causes heart disease. Keto diet causes heart disease and diabetes.
>>
>>8796639

that's the most retarded thing i've ever heard. fat is literally what keeps your gluons well lubricated. heart disease is caused by sugar-inflammation. anytime you eat sugar, your body becomes inflammed.
>>
>>8796639
Are you the vegan shill the infests /fat/?
>>
>>8796643
>>8796645
Nice memes. The guy literally did your meme diet for a year shoving butter down his throat to prove a point and then his fucking heart exploded like a Muslim
>>
>>8796639
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
"The present study shows the beneficial effects of a long-term ketogenic diet. It significantly reduced the body weight and body mass index of the patients. Furthermore, it decreased the level of triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and blood glucose, and increased the level of HDL cholesterol. Administering a ketogenic diet for a relatively longer period of time did not produce any significant side effects in the patients. Therefore, the present study confirms that it is safe to use a ketogenic diet for a longer period of time than previously demonstrated."

Want more?
>>
>>8796611
>>8796625
>>8796628
>>8796630
>shoveling so much fat in their stupid fucking heads they cant understand a basic analogy

Disgusting stupid fucks
>>
>>8796664
I seriously hope you are joking...
>>
I tried it once and got sick.

Also had a lot of digestive problems.
>>
>>8796643
lol dumbass
>>
>>8796696

there's no coming back from comparing the keto diet to vegans.
>>
>>8796755
I didnt compare the diet you fucking retarded zero
>>
>>8796701
Nice response, really convincing
>>
>>8796762
The study is shit. It's shit even among all the studies you could have possibly picked to cast keto in a good light. You should be able to see why the study is totally useless and shouldn't even have been done because of how big of a waste of time it is.
>>
>>8796774
Explain
>>
>>8796774
>put patients on keto diet
>as per usual with keto studies, patients lose weight
>also following long term and see no significant negative side effects

What's the issue?
>>
>>8796758
Then what comparison were you trying to make? We're not dogmatic or running around telling people that they should be keto, then shitting on them because we have the "superior" morals (not that all vegans do this, I just don't get what other comparison you could be making). We're just giving advice to those that are interested or may be struggling. If you don't want to do it, that's fine. Not my business.
>>
>>8796789
>we're not dogmatic

LMAO
>>
>>8796792

Can you even give examples?
>>
>>8796804
Your triggered ass for one
>>
>>8796586
This is what happens when you spout your stupid opinion on a subject you obviously know nothing about.
>>
>>8796807

Response =/= triggered. I just asked a question.
>>
>>8796774
Still nothing, huh?
>>
>>8796781
>>8796783
No control group. No placebo. not double-blind, not crossover, not random.

The abstract contains information that isn't even in the study, such as fat being 20% saturated. The diet and methods are not transparent at all. No indication that they even tracked adherence. The introduction, discussion and conclusion take up about 5 times more space than the study itself and are littered with bullshit citations. The authors are obviously in love with themselves and their pet meme diet and are trying to create relevance for their non-country Kuwait by pandering to fat American idiots who need more garbage papers to justify producing, selling and eating shit.

The patients lost weight. Weight loss improves health, including in all the parameters that were measured. There isn't even an attempt to account for this fact through statistical methods, let alone a control group. Therefore there is nothing to be learned from the study at all because it is impossible to determine whether it was the weight loss or the diet that caused favorable changes. Despite this simple fact, the authors go out of their way to attribute these changes to the diet, with no evidence or reason to do so. They are obviously biased.

And the study did not even look at what I talked about, which is heart disease and diabetes. No glucose challenge, no insulin levels, no cardiovascular health profiling. For all we know, these people are well on their way to a heart attack, and that's probably the case.

A total disaster.
>>
>>8796821
This is the response of another triggered retard that cant read lol

Thank you for perfectly confirming my theory alongside all the other zilches that answered

>>8796822
No one cares faggot
>>
>>8796856

>'Triggered, The Post' coming to a city near you
>>
>>8796845

>studies are only true when i want them to be

lmfao
>>
>>8796911
You basically just got BTFO bud
>>
>>8796922

>i can deny scientific evidence when it doesn't agree with my position

no, no you can't. sorry.
>>
>>8796927
>im going to bitch and whine about my poor evidence getting immensely BTFO

k
>>
>>8796934

>i'm going to make up reasons why it's ok to deny science 'just this time'

cool dude
>>
>>8796945
>im going to continue to moan about being btfo

Oh sweetie
>>
>>8796962

>i'm going to post stupid /pol/ memes and make fallacies and accuse others of being what i am

ok?
>>
>>8796965
Let me know when youre done crying, honey
>>
>>8796911
>>8796922
>>8796927
>>8796934
>>8796945
>>8796962
>>8796965

please stop samefagging
>>
>>8796975
After you
>>
>>8796968

let me know when you've killed yourself
>>
>>8796981
Aww wittle babby are you twiggered?
>>
File: what.png (72KB, 804x756px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
72KB, 804x756px
>>8796978

what?
>>
>>8796986

>triggered: the post: "calling trigger" coming soon

you're triggered
>>
>>8796991
Lmao you are the stupidest fuck ever
>>
>>8796997
Are you okay man?
>>
>>8797007
Shut it, nerd
>>
>>8797005

i'm fine, just i can hardly see from laughing so hard that tears roll down my face at you
>>
>>8797011
Oh so you are crying lmao
>>
>>8797009
>>8797007

this is what i'm talking about.
>>
>>8797017
No one cares. Go kick rocks you fucking dork
>>
File: smilelaugh.jpg (99KB, 798x798px) Image search: [Google]
smilelaugh.jpg
99KB, 798x798px
>>8797016

yeah i'm crying, pic related
>>
>>8797020
k

let me know when your diaper gets changed
>>
File: 1491090364918.jpg (58KB, 718x705px) Image search: [Google]
1491090364918.jpg
58KB, 718x705px
>>8797018

intensely bepis

>>8797022

i'm beginning to think you're either a ho, or just a very girly male. you talk like one.
>>
>>8797025
I think youre just mad
>>
>>8797033

nice defensive psychological projection, you fucking mental patient
>>
>>8797039
>no you

Nice projecting, nerd
>>
>>8797041

i said projecting first. and now you're saying projecting. i said crying first and then you said crying. i said that you're denying science first and then you said.

can you please stop fucking imitating me? i mean it's flattering but you're a douchebag i'd rather not be associated.
>>
>>8797052
Lol stay mad you fucking dork

>i-i got BTFO!!!!

k
>>
>>8797059

oh, you got BTFO?

nice to hear you come to an understanding of your situation.
>>
>>8797079
I was clearly talking about you. You should clear your head and keep calm
>>
>>8797086

and now you don't even know who you're talking about. it's like i'm watching you degenerate in front of my eyes.
>>
>>8797097
I'm fine. You appear to be seething which explains the sudden change of tone to passive-aggressive lol
>>
Anyone else get dry mouth on keto? I drink a gallon of water a day and still get it.
>>
>>8795696
Keep on it dude. People on this board talk a lot of shit but I lost 100 pounds doing keto without exercise. It's definitely worth it
>>
>>8797113
Not sure if you're still around, but make sure you're getting enough salt. Salt metabolism is very different when you're in ketosis and it's easy to not get enough.
>>
>>8796461
>hey i haven't eaten anything containing vitamin C for a year and I have scurvy
>DURRR NO YOU'RE JUST A FRUIT ADDICT
>>
What's the best way to keep track of my macros?
>>
>>8797617
Why would I need fruit for my vitamin C needs?
>>
>>8797962
Bind them to your keyboard.
>>
>>8796380
Anyway you did the right thing to stop that shitty meme diet.

I'm currently followed by a professor which handles the whole nutritional department of the biggest hospital of my city (Switzerland) and i can't fathom what he would say about keto diet. He would probably shit on it so hard i would be expelled out of the building.
>>
>literally inducing ketoacidtosis because you can't handle jogging more

Can't imagine anything more nu-male than embracing the nu-diet that is paleofaggotry.

BBUBUBUBUT I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT TO LOSE POUNDS OMG FUCKING ABLEIST!!!
>>
>>8798791
>I'm currently followed by a professor which handles the whole nutritional department of the biggest hospital of my city (Switzerland) and i can't fathom what he would say about keto diet.
He would say "stop using me as argument from authority in your internet debates, retard"
>>
>>8798800
I see it in a month or two and will note his answer, shit, i would even record it with my phone if your dumb ass could understand a single word of french.
>>
>>8798796
>diet based on how humans ate before the agricultural revolution over ten thousands of years ago
>nu
>>
>>8798803
>he's from the faggot part of Switzerland
figures
>>
>>8795696
Are you me?
>>
>>8798809
I speak four languages, Cletus, while you speak what, one at the very best ? There's no "faggot part of Switzerland" since we're not jews and don't use divide and conquer techniques. Everyone in Swizerland is considered as swiss.

As your meme diet : it's shit. Get over it. If your disgusting fat ass needs such a diet to lose weight maybe you should consider doing something which implies using your legs, not your fat scooter, to move somewhere.
>>
>>8798825
>being this triggered
Pull that baguette out of your ass, Pierre al-schwuli
>>
>>8798807
Nah bruh you don't understand , 9000 years of agriculture allowed at least 600 whooping generation , I bet it's enough to develop grain adatation :^)

It's not like evolution take place over ten of thousands of generation haha .
>>
>>8798838
How do you fit "ten of thousands of generation" into 9000 years, anon?
>>
File: smug ass mofo.jpg (56KB, 901x1008px) Image search: [Google]
smug ass mofo.jpg
56KB, 901x1008px
>>8798831
There's nothing more hilarious then fat or chubby dudes thinking they need a "special diet" to fix their whole shit.

When, in the end, they just need to be more conscious about what they put in their plates, the quantities of it, and their physical activity. It's that fucking simple.

They don't need to remove anything, they don't need to go through days of vomiting and dizziness while sipping on chicken broth. They don't need to consume a unnecessary amount of fat to make up for an unnecessary removal. They just need to educate themselves.

Just like a skinny dude would need to educate himself to gain weight without resorting to "LOL GOMAD AND OATS BRO YOU GOTTA BE THE MAN BRO JUST EAT BRO JUST GO MCDONALS BRO".

And you, my fat friend Cletus, you lack that education.
>>
>>8798841
You don't , that's why eating grain and sugar is completely retarded and make no sense.

And yes I know we are omnivore , but veggie don't contain that much sugar and wild fruits are not sugar bomb like our fruits .
>>
>>8797174
You would have lost 100 pounds without exercise with any caloric deficit.

I'm on keto as well, but don't make people think they can eat all they want on keto and still lose weight.
>>
File: kek.png (650KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
650KB, 640x640px
>>8798857
>he's going all out
>>
Keto is not only about weight lose , it's just a good way to fix literally everything wrong .

Most brain , liver and bones related illness can be prevented if you go keto .
>>
>>8798865
The twist is that on keto you don't need to calories count nor watch your macro like a retard because a well functioning body with a working hormonal system ( the result of evolution ) will adjust itself and will refuse being overweight , it'll try to reach a healthy weight by curb-stomping your hunger .

No animal can get fat "mistake" or by " lack of willpower" , only human have a concept as dumb as the " willpower to restrain yourself from eating" , and it's a proof that we fucked something in our body and mind .
>>
>>8798796
Dietary ketosis is not ketoacidosis. You're not very educated on metabolism if you have the two confused.
>>
>>8798807
>deluding yourself that your diet of domesticated forms (regardless of the actual nutritional breakdown) is anything like what paleo man ever ate

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL i love it. Ketofags really are nu-males prancing with their fake prehistoric diet pretending they're BIG STRONG MEN LIKE RON SWANSON because they eat meat. it's hilarious.
>>
>>8798900
>pretending that ketoacidosis isn't simply unregulated ketosis

nice try ketofag but ketones are ketones. Eat my grain-filled shit.
>>
>>8798906
1.5-2.5 mmol/l vs 10+ mmol/l
>>
>>8798895
>The twist is that on keto you don't need to calories count nor watch your macro like a retard because a well functioning body with a working hormonal system ( the result of evolution ) will adjust itself and will refuse being overweight , it'll try to reach a healthy weight by curb-stomping your hunger .

I mean, you're sorta right. A non keto diet causes insulin resistance which causes overeating.
>>
>>8798906
That is a ridiculously medically unsound opinion.
>>
>>8798901
Really, your """""criticism"""" is that we don't have time machines, anon?
>>
File: your diet.jpg (30KB, 418x287px) Image search: [Google]
your diet.jpg
30KB, 418x287px
>>8798906
>my body doesn't even digest the shit I'm eating b-but it must be healthy somehow
>>
>>8798895
>No animal can get fat "mistake" or by " lack of willpower"
But fat dogs are a thing.
Are the owners shoving the food down the dog's throat? How could a pet ever get fat if animals always regulate their hunger so well?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1325x994px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1325x994px
>>8798895
> No animal can get fat by "mistake" or by " lack of willpower"
your argument is invalid
>>
>>8798935
Canis lupus familiaris are 100% carnivore , most dog food is made of at least 65% cereal .
>>
>>8798941
>>8798943
Most cat are also Grain-feed carnivorous , their entire hormonal balance is off balance thanks to that .
>>
>>8794960
I take a supplement that induces ketogenesis for like 6 hours at a time so I don't have to abstain from carbs 24/7.
Still, most of the stuff I cook is just meat and vegetable dishes, it doesn't seem like that bad of a diet to me. The main things you have to stay away from are just bread, pasta, potatoes, and most snack foods.
>>
>>8796639
you know there exists fats besides butter and lard right
>>
File: tigers-e1486433341239.jpg (71KB, 900x542px) Image search: [Google]
tigers-e1486433341239.jpg
71KB, 900x542px
>>8798946
Tigers can get fat too off only meat. It's all about easily available food and not having to work for it.
>>
>>8798964
You know tigers in zoo aren't fed only meat, right ?

You really believe animals can put themselves in a state as unhealthy as obesity ?
>>
File: acne.jpg (29KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
acne.jpg
29KB, 600x338px
I developed ocular migraines at around 13 years old and got one every 3-4 weeks. Happened for years until I went on keto at around 21 years old to cut some body fat (I bulked a little too hard in college). Was on Keto for about 4 months with a cheat day once every 1-2 weeks. I had 0 migraines for that 4 months and the next 1 month after that even though I stopped doing keto. Then I started to get my ocular migraines with my previous regularity. Went back on keto, they stopped. Now I've been doing Keto for about 8 months and have not had a single migraine. It's shitty sometimes but you get pretty creative with recipes and even desserts. and I still have a cheat day too.

Also I stopped getting acne during my keto periods when I would have pretty bad cases of it when I wasn't on keto.

I don't understand the proper science or bodily response to a low carb diet but all I know is, it fucking works.
>>
>>8798973
They can if all their food is delivered to them instead of them actually having to work for it.
>>
>>8798973
There is no known situation in nature where , even if food is overly abundant and require no effort to get , an animal became obese .
>>
>>8796639
This is a ridiculous statement. I have been a type 1 diabetic since childhood. After eating a classic 70% fat ketogenic diet for several years, all of my health metrics improved drastically. Refined carbohydrates are the foods that most likely cause heart disease and type 2 diabetes. I have 28 years of data that attests to a high-carb diet playing a key role in elevated blood cholesterol, higher body fat and insulin resistance.
>>
>>8798976
Pimples and shit are mostly caused by inflammation , which are mostly caused by sugars .
Read about Glycation and advanced glycation end product if you want to start swallowing the ketopill .
>>
>>8798989
Unless it's an animal that purposely need to get overweight for certain reason ( hibernating mammals for example )
>>
>>8798996
But make sure you're ready , it's a really huge and hard to swallow pill , you'll see how much the big pharma and food industry are fucking people in the ass .

And you'll not want to get off keto ever again .
>>
>>8799010
>>8798996
Explain all those people 80 and older who have a slice of toast for breakfast, drink coca-cola in the day, and have a piece of cake or pie for dessert every day and are perfectly healthy
>>
File: Muh 3dev.jpg (13KB, 735x284px) Image search: [Google]
Muh 3dev.jpg
13KB, 735x284px
>>8799013
>>
>>8799019
Whatever keto shill.
>>
>>8799021
Yeah man , every time I convince someone , 0.5 bacon are sent into my frying pan .
>>
>>8799026
Nobody ever pays me in bacon...
>>
>>8799013
That's a hypothetical group of people, so I'll counter it with an equally hypothetical group of people that also probably do exist:

explain all these people 80 and older who eat eggs, bacon and smoke a cigar every day, yet are perfectly healthy.

Without statistical analysis of controlled groups with recorded metrics over time, none of this is even useful. Even then, the extreme outliers in data sets are insignificant.
>>
people who lose weight on keto have never eaten a healthy carb in their life so when they stop eating wonder bread and pop tarts they can't believe how easy it is
>>
I propose every person who has a dietary bone to pick go to a doctor and get some labs done as a baseline, then switch to the opposing diet for two months and have the same tests. Compare results. You know, for science. Not to be right on the internet, but just to be objective.
>>
>>8799042
Before I went keto my main source of carbs where lentil and oats , I still feel way better on keto .
>>
>>8798976
https://www.researchgate.net/blog/post/postmortem-genetic-tests-to-complete-modern-autopsies
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
>>8799142
meant to post this
https://www.researchgate.net/blog/post/less-carbs-more-fat-ketogenic-diet-treats-migraine-patients
>>
>>8796856
Just so you know... your parents very much dislike you and often blame each other for the should-have-been abortion that you turned out to be.
>>
File: 1490303051155.jpg (104KB, 572x621px) Image search: [Google]
1490303051155.jpg
104KB, 572x621px
>>8796856
Stop being a meanie for no reason, faggot.
>>
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
>>
>>8795067
You forgot

0 muscle
Manlets.
Feminine
>>
>>8798993
I'm awaiting your peer-reviewed study, my man. I'd be particularly interested to know how "refined" carbohydrates could possibly cause heart disease. Because, you know, we already have mechanistic explanations for why saturated fat does it. For glucose not so much.
>>
>>8798976
You have cripple genetics and can't even digest a potato without your eye exploding, that's the proper science.
>>
Did Keto for a month and a half almost 2 years ago.
Only drank water and almond milk, didn't know there were other no-carb drinks.
Ate pepperoni sticks as snacks.
Had massive craving for cheeze-it's
snuck some carbs in every sunday.
Ended up losing 20 pounds.

I'll start again once basketball season ends.
>>
>>8800555
>Had massive craving for cheeze-it's
You can make cheese crackers by baking piles of shredded cheese in the oven, if you want a similar thing that's low-carb.
>>
>>8800624
I was practically no-carb just so i could have some snacks every sunday
>>
>>8798807
>how humans ate

Fruits, nuts, plants, some meat? Isnt fruit haram for you ketocucks eh?
>>
>>8798863
Lol you fucking retard you have no clue what youre talking about
>>
Currently on Day 4 of a 10 day water-only fast, ask me anything related to fasting or ketosis.
>>
>>8800541
What's stopping you from conducting a controlled dietary self-experiment?
>>
>>8800725
Have you done this before? What day do you stop feeling hunger?
>>
>>8795728
>The diabetes rate in 1950s China, Thailand and Japan was around 0%.
That's because all three countries were so impoverished that they let babies die if they had any medical problems.
>>
>>8795696
You've done pretty much what I've done.
Lost close to 55lbs in the last 6 months and gained some muscle.

Still got a long way to go but I'm the best I've felt in ages and catching women mirin, I'd never thought I'd have that again. Just a shame they're either 19 y/o singles or 27 y/o in relationships. Being 31 and having Salt&Pepper hair, it's fucking easy mode.
>>
>>8800833
Of what kind exactly? I already have a pretty high carb intake and so far I'm not dead yet. So there's the experiment.
>>
>>8801049
Have a nice day.
>>
>>8796664
Can anyone comment on the stresses that keto causes for the kidneys? I've been having some kidney problems lately, and while I'd like to go on a keto diet to lose weight (and maybe help them), I'm worried that the stress might cause serious problems before any benefits could kick in.
>>
>>8796781
>>8796783
>>8796829
Yeah, basically just some retard spouting off with nothing to back it up. Regarding his blathering in >>8796845 :

>No control group. No placebo. not double-blind, not crossover, not random

Yeah, that's because it's kinda hard to feed someone a "non keto" diet when they can see what they're eating. But you can take blood samples before, during, and after, and do analyses on them.

This is the same reason that there have been no double-blind trials about the effects of DMSO on health, because it's really fucking difficult to do a double-blind test when the slightest droplet of the stuff causes a "garlic" flavor to show up in the test subject's mouth within a couple of minutes. I suppose you could cut out all your test subjects' tongues but strangely they are reluctant to do that.
>>
>>8795754
The amount of carbs that will throw you out of ketosis varies and is highly dependent upon how much you work out. When I was lifting really heavy, swimming, and climbing everyday, I was eating as much as 65 carbs. The body recruits these carbs for immediate energy and muscle repair. I was bulking on close to 7200 calories a day for 3 or so months.

Honestly, depends on the person. When I'm not mega bulking on keto, I hover around 15-25 a day. Some days I dont take in more than 5g just through cheese. Play with your diet, see what works. Don't give up. The benefits are amazing. I have done it like 5-6 times now. currently on it again for summer bulk!
>>
>>8800679
>Isnt fruit haram for you ketocucks eh?
All you had to do was read the previous post to read "paleo", grain shill
>>
>>8797174
i lost 120 pounds eating carbs, i just ate less and no junk. keto is overrated
>>
>>8794960
The keto/Atkins diet made my brother's bones disappear. He couldn't walk without immense pain, also got gout and some liver problem. And he gained the weight all back and then some. Lost weight at first, but now he's now morbidly obese.

Don't do it.

Also made me the sickest I've been in my life. Had no energy at all, immobilized me.

Our bodies need carbs. Keto is the combination of starvation and only eating extremely foods. I can't believe I fell for that shit. Food was gross too. Would have been better off being anorexic.
>>
>>8802470
>having 120 pounds to lose in the first place
yeah, not going to give a shit about your dietary advise
>>
>>8802483
extremely unhealthy foods*
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttMrSCnQnnk
>>
>>8801715
Oh god, no. Don't do the keto diet if you have any health problems, unless you're suicidal. It will cause even more health problems for you. There are other, healthier ways to lose weight, just as fast. Don't torture yourself.
>>
File: sample-keto-diet_02.jpg (457KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
sample-keto-diet_02.jpg
457KB, 1000x662px
>>8802488
point to what's unhealthy on that pic
>>
>>8802537
>unironically eating cutting board with rope attached
Keto fags, everyone.
>>
>>8802547
gotta get that fiber
>>
>>8802484
kept it off for 6 years now
>>
>>8802451
>grain shill

t. egg council creep
>>
>>8795999
Someone's triggered
>>
I am a ketofag and I don't even bother with these threads anymore

>waah I need carbs
>here's some pseudoscience on why you're going to die TOMORROW!
>I did keto for 4 days and felt like poo because I didn't get any electrolytes, the diet is a fucking sham
etc

Have fun with it though. I'm gonna lay down, jerk off, go to sleep and eat a big plate of eggs and guac for breakfast when I wake up.
>>
I did it for 16 weeks. Was only really able to do it for that long due to having a goal and knowing it would be over eventually, You SERIOUSLY limit the amount of food you can eat and makes cooking a bit of a pain.

And my stomach cant handle avocado, pretty much the only thing I cant eat.
>>
>>8794960
just go on the Tendie diet
>>
Shitty meme diet.
>>
>>8803004
>I don't even bother with these threads anymore
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8803638
I don't bother trying to correct people like
>>8803635
>>
Isn't keto just a way to trick you into eating less calories? That's essentially what are diets are
>>
>>8803865
>I don't even bother with these threads anymore
>...yet I'm bothering to reply to this thread
okey dokey

>>8805406
It's like atkins or paleo. "Carbs are the enemy" shit.
>>
>>8802501
Sigh. Anyone have real information?
>>
>>8805462
Real information: if you want to lose weight, eat fewer calories than you burn. Ta-da!

Start exercising, cut out junk food, set up a balanced diet. It isn't rocket science.
>>
>>8805468
And specifically regarding Keto/Atkins causing stress on poorly-functioning kidneys?
>>
>>8794960
Take it to /fit/. We only care about taste and presentation here
>>
>>8805440
There's a difference between a reply and bothering to give an informed dissenting opinion.

This is a reply.
>>
>>8796586
That was some top notch bait m8.
I kinda see it though, some people in both camps give off a cultist kinda vibe
>>
>>8794960
i think that picture is really good because i love mr smithers. he is a good man.
>>
>>8794960
If it works for you, then that's fine. But weight loss comes down to eating fewer calories.

And there is no way to say that carbs=fat, else the obesity rate in china/japan/korea/italy would be much higher
>>
>>8806124
Those diets are high in carbs but low in fat, both ends of the spectrum work fine. It's when you have a balance of high fat/high carb that obesity starts to soar
>>
>>8806229
can you cite any studies?
>>
>>8806229
how about france? lots of fat and bread
>>
>>8806229
Hgh-carb, low-fat calorie restricted diets always lead to muscle loss and often cause gallstones. High-fat, low-carb calorie restricted diets do not. If a person is trying to lose 10-15 pounds of fat, it probably doesn't matter which one you choose. If you're losing a significant amount of weight, I'd go with the low-carb route. So far, nobody has been able to prove losing significant weight on this diet has side-effects. I've been looking for info on possible kidney function damage from low-level dietary ketosis for years and still haven't found any, or even any anecdotal stories. It seems at this point to be the boogieman. I'm 2 years on keto myself, and have no issues. So if somebody does have something on this, I'd be very interested.

Because of the relatively higher caloric density of fats, it is very possible to still eat too many calories on keto, but it's harder. Fat is satiating and just hard to eat. You can have a similar satiety with complex carbohydrates, as they are slower to digest, thus will not spike insulin levels, but there is still a glycemic load over time. It's still not a good choice for pre-diabetics because of that. If you were to choose high-carb, low-fat, do not eat refined carbs (sugar, white flour, bleached pasta, etc.).

Yeah, fatty carbs are the magic unhealthy weight gain combo. The insulin you pump out to metabolize the sugars makes all the excess fat calories convert to stored body fat.
>>
File: lu.jpg (227KB, 1240x786px) Image search: [Google]
lu.jpg
227KB, 1240x786px
>>8806750
>High carb-low fat diet always lead to muscles loss and often cause gallstones

Stopped reading there lol. Please direct your book shilling and /fat/izen broscience elsewhere
>>
>>8806750
Not to vilify fat or carbohydrates, because they're both metabolically useful macronutrients. You can certainly find that types of sugars or fats are pretty fucking detrimental to humans: transfats, refined sucrose and fructose. These are things that don't occur in food sources without very heavy processing.
>>
>>8806759
Oh, I'm sorry. You don't know any people who were obese and now have no gallbladder after losing weight on a high-carb diet? It's actually one of the classic diagnostic factors. Feel free to look it up in any medical text. It's not hard to read the same books doctors read, dingleberry.
>>
>>8806750
How about, you know, a balanced diet with carbs and fats, where the total calories are still less than you're burning?
>>
>>8794960
A real bitch to cook.

You will feel miserable for the first few days.

Afterwards, you will just feel a little lethargic.

Wouldn't recommend for weight loss, but some people with health problems (everything from ADHD to autoimmune disorders) are helped by keto diet.
>>
>>8806785
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. if people had been eating like that in the first place, they wouldn't be overweight. Problem is, once people are significantly overweight, they find it difficult to find that balance without caloric or food-type restrictions. Why? fuck if I know. I'm not overweight.
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.