[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil goes in a cold pan or hot pan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1488472146179.jpg (49KB, 310x236px) Image search: [Google]
1488472146179.jpg
49KB, 310x236px
Oil goes in a cold pan or hot pan?
>>
Hot pan, be sure to throw some ice cubes for the cool flavour.
>>
Lukewarm pan
>>
>>8783549
When you add the oil makes no fucking difference.

The only thing that matters is that the pan needs to be hot before you put the food in.
>>
>>8783578
If the pan is already hot, then the oil doesn't take as long to heat up, and thus doesn't spend as much time breaking down from the heat. Adding cold oil to a hot pan preserves the flavor of the oil so it doesn't taste like shit by the time you're done cooking.
>>
>>8783623
this

putting oil in a cold pan can burn up the oil by the time your food is ready to cook. happened to me only yesterday, in fact.
>>
>>8783623

Oil breaking down is binary. Either you overheated it and it did break down, or you didn't.

When you add the oil makes no difference in that regard. Your ability to control the heat in the pan does.
>>
>>8783549
Hot pan, cold oil.
>>
Pre-heat the oil and add it to a cold pan
>>
>>8783632
>can burn up the oil by the time your food is ready to cook.

Only if you're a retard and don't pay attention to how hot your pan is getting.

Lemme guess: you did something dumb like play with your phone, get distracted by TV, leave the room, etc, and when you came back it was "holy fuck my pan is burning!"?

That wasn't the fault of when the oil was added, that was you not paying attention.
>>
>>8783668
I do this a lot with raw chicken. My family is all dead but they used to really enjoy it.
>>
>>8783670
Yeah I skipped off to watch honey boo-boo bump and grind on her new stepfather.

Oils burn and smoke at different temps.
>>
You guys are retarded. In almost all cases you should add fat before heat, simply because you shouldn't heat an empty pan. There are exceptions, but whatever. And you idiots talking about burning oil as it heats up are truly brain dead. Everyone in the thread should fucking kill themselves. I'll go fitst.
>>
>>8783682
>you shouldn't heat an empty pan
Only if you're using tinned copper or enameled cast iron. Regular aluminum core stainless steel pans that most people use for every cooking can be heated empty with no problem.
>>
>>8783671
Kek
>>
>>8783671
Ayyya
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.