[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tomatoes and tomato accessories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

hi seekay can we get a tomato sauce thread going? i'm trying to learn to make specifically sauce for pasta (or pizza, not really sure what the seasoning differences are). i eventually want to venture into salsa and hot sauces, but again i'm really not sure where to start.

recipes? recommendations/tips?
>>
>>8783230
>recipes? recommendations/tips?
Oregano is yummy put oregano in it.
>>
>>8783230
I made a salsa the other day. All you need for sauces is a blender, some jars, and your necessary ingredients. Salt and/or lemon juice work as decent preservatives so you can store your sauce for up to a couple of weeks in the fridge.

By the way, "canning" is a boiling process I only do with vegetables from my garden like peeled tomatoes or some homemade pickles. Those could store well for a year and have been stored that long before with no difference in taste.
For generic red Italian food sauce, oregano goes well like >>8783236 said, and I like to include a little onion and garlic powder, too.

So, OP, what kind of pasta are we talking here? Spaghetti?
>>
>>8783230
The more fresh ingredients you can use, the better it will be. I'd use fresh basil, onion, and garlic if possible.
>>
File: Committing Sudoku.png (342KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
Committing Sudoku.png
342KB, 394x394px
>>8783230
>3 more months until tomatoes are in season again
>Either buy watery tasteless junk or pay out the yinyang for small cherry or roma tomatoes until then
>>
>>8783263
>>8783265
fresh onion basil and garlic is no problem. and yeah probably some kind of spaghetti, although not with spaghetti noodles. oh and i don't have a blender i'm going to have to hand mash this stuff

what kind of peppers should i use for a hot sauce? i'm thinking chile habanero and jalapeno. i need some ratios of these ingredients mang (amerifat btw)
>>
>>8783309
Also American. Y'know those store-bought jalapenos at Kroger stores or Walmarts that are flippin' huge? Go to those stores, get three jalapenos and three serrano peppers. You want more spiciness? Throw a Habanero in. Protip, the Kroger family stores sometimes stock dried ghost peppers which give a lot of heat and a smokey flavor to the sauce.

The recipe is:
2 cans of diced tomatoes (1 large and 1 small)
3 jalapeno
3 serrano
(Other peppers at your discretion)
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cilantro
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
(A dash of onion powder too)
1/3 teaspoon cumin
1-1.5 teaspoons salt (careful not to put too much)

Get a fat can of diced tomatoes and one of the smaller cans, and, frankly, get a blender for this recipe because it would be a hassle to do by hand. I've made this salsa since child.
>>
>>8783293
Are you that lady who told me how to grow better tomatoes by using Epsom salts and water as a fertilizer at a Dillon's in Kansas? Because I've never heard of or seen the phrase "out the yinyang" anywhere else but one conversation about growing tomatoes.
>>
File: IMG_20170407_140733.jpg (800KB, 1120x1680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170407_140733.jpg
800KB, 1120x1680px
>>8783293
Well like 60-70 days if you had a head start.
It fucking snowed today, unbelievable, I want to transplant but the US is having so much fucking fun with weather modification that it's literally been snowing for 7 months.
>>
>>8783379
This man knows what he's talking about. Ghost peppers are fucking amazing in mixed pepper salsa like this too.
>>
>>8783379
i'll probably substitute real tomatoes, how many do you think i should use?
>>8783447
lul this isn't >>983872
>>
>>8783379
>>8784702
also i'm probably going to substitute your powders for fresh ingredients, i'll have to play with it a bit to get the ratios right though i'm sure.

anybody have any info on salsa or hot sauces? i lump them together because, although i'd puree the hot sauce veggies, i want to use minimal vinegar. (sagedoublepost)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.