[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have canned tomatoes, but no tomato paste/sauce. can i still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: FY0BMNBIB226AMH.MEDIUM.jpg (41KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
FY0BMNBIB226AMH.MEDIUM.jpg
41KB, 620x414px
i have canned tomatoes, but no tomato paste/sauce. can i still make pasta with ground beef like this? or do i need tomato sauce too?
>>
>>8782745
You dont need beef to make pasta.
Its made of flour and eggs, some salt.
>>
>>8782745
>can i still make pasta with ground beef like this?

Yes.
>>
>>8782751
but i like ground beef in my pasta sauce.

>>8782756
but will it taste good? or some poor man abomination?
>>
>>8782782
It will come out just fine. Less red and less body, but i do it all the time. Tomato paste is way too expensive.
>>
>>8782745
Fry an onion then the beef. Add diced carrot. Throw in the tinned tomatoes. Add beef stock/bullion so it adds 50-75% of the volume. Add Italian herbs, dried is fine and a shit ton of black pepper. Bring to the boil then simmer it for a good few hours until reduced. Don't let it go dry. Nom.
>>
>>8782745

Saute an onion and a clove of garlic in 2 tbs olive oil

add your canned tomatos and s and p

reduce

tada

you have marinara

throw in basil at the end if you have it
>>
>>8782782
Yes, in pasta SAUCE, its fine.
But not to make pasta itself.
>>
>>8782804
>>8782806
alrighty, will do tonight. if it turns out being shit though ima come back posting angry things to /ck/

>>8782808
ya ya, i know what you mean pasta poindexter over here
>>
in the cuisine of pasta it's recommended to use tomatoes, but the italians are flexible (unlike the nasty French Frogs lol) so use what you have on hand OP. Good luck, we are all counting on you.
>>
>>8782815
yes i have canned tomatoes, i just dont have the tomato sauce too.
>>
>>8782811
Sure, just let it simmer a little longer, so its reduce the water, then add some spices like garlic, dried basil, oregano, onion powder, whatever you have.
Should be ok.
>>
>>8782896

did you know that you could make your canned tomatoes into tomato sauce?

How you ask? Well, it's really simple. Puree some of your tomato and cook it down a little so some of the water evaporates. Done! Now you have tomato sauce.

Do you you want tomato paste? Well you're in luck because that's also fucking simple. Take your sauce and cook it down further so even more of the water is gone.
>>
>>8782913
>>8782904
will do. if u dont hear back from me tonight, it went well. if im stuck eating some ground beef over noodle abomination im coming for your heads.
>>
>>8782913
Pureeing is not necessary if you stew them in a pot they will disintegrate.
>>
>>8783097
Yeah, but then you have to start the sauce hours before your meal so they have time to cook down.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.