[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of limes when lemons exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

What's the point of limes when lemons exist?
>>
Lemons don't grow here. Limes grow in my yard without any care.

What's the.point of lemons?
>>
>>8782450
In my experience lime can replace lemon in all my recipes and it's for the better

The opposite cannot be said
>>
You can't put a lemon in da coconut. Even if it's a lemon party.
>>
Are there any lemons besides sour, yellow lemons?

I ask because there are four lime varieties in my country, all of which are green when ripe, but have different flesh/juice and tastes.
Three are green fleshed. One is sweet, another bitter and a third sour, but moreso than any lemon I've encountered. The last is orange fleshed and bittersweet.

Unless lemons can provide as wide a range of flavour, limes are clearly superior, IMO.
>>
>>8782455
Why would you have a party with all lemon based foods? Lime is much tastier
>>
>>8782472
Meyer lemons are sweeter than the standard variety. Goes well when making pastries/breads.
>>
>>8782474
Because Lemonparty.org makes it look fun and has so much variety.
>>
braindead liberals believe paying $1 for limes makes them (((cultured)))
>>
Lime>lemon in pretty much every situation
>>
>>8782511
limes come 5 to the dollar here, lemons come 3

also lemons have seeds that you have to strain out. not so with the humble lime
>>
>key lemon pie
>>
>>8782676
Kek
>>
Britbong here.
Lemons are 30p
Limes are 30p
Lemons more common tho.
Prefer Limes as better flavour and no annoying seeds.
More juice from a single lemon tho.
Americans call Britbongs Limeys because our navy used to enforce drinking Lime juice to ward off scruvy.
Would be quite expensive these days to drink pure lime juice.
hth give a UK perspective on this important matter. Out.
>>
>>8782676
But lemon meringue
>>
What would Mexican food be without lime juice?
>>
>>8782741
Sewage
>>
Can you even make ceviche with lemon juice instead of lime?

I consider limes sweet and lemons sour. They have completely different flavors, and limes can turn many dishes bitter.
>>
>>8782864

Any acidic juice would work, so lemon would certainly be functional.

Whether or not it agrees with your personal taste is a different question though.
>>
>>8782741
just as bad
>>
>>8782741
>What would Mexican food be without lime juice?
Everything at La Michoacana minus the lime?
Cue that webm where they keep adding shit like its the taco town gag
>>
>>8782445
Limes are superior to lemons in taste, and have been GMO'd to be the same size, and they're cheaper. Better in every way.
>>
Whats the point of apples when pears exist?
>>
>>8782511
Are you retarded or do you not realize that limes in most parts of the world are cheaper than lemons?
>>
>>8782472
Meyer lemons have a orangish flavour and are a bit sweeter, ponderosa lemons are gigantic, pink lemons, the citron, and the fingered citron. I'm sure there are many more than that too.
>>
>>8782981
most parts of the world are full of dirty niggers, what's your point reddit?
>>
>>8783021
>get called out for being retarded
>commence shitposting
>>
>>8782445
I used to like lemons but last year or two ate primarily limes, now lemons don't taste right. Not tart enough, and they have seeds which is annoying.

Lime >>> Lemon.

Also limes are like 7/$1 so I always have a handy lime pile around.
>>
>>8783022
>gets called out for being a lost little liberal
>commence deflecting
go back to tumblr
>>
File: 1469550283250.png (91KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1469550283250.png
91KB, 625x626px
>>8782933
>>
>>8783027
>attempts to deflect by calling out false deflection
You're still a retard.

Personally I like lemons just fine for more savory meat dishes or if I'm flavoring jams or kompot, but I appreciate and enjoy limes just fine. Lime strikes me as more of a primary flavour than a secondary background flavour that I use lemons for. Matter of preference, but there's a lot of tea I can see adding lemon to and not lime instead.
>>
>>8783027
>reddit
>tumblr
>niggers

none of these things makes you less of a retard, retard.
>>
>he can't taste the difference between lime and lemon
Please leave this board and never return
>>
Caesar salad dressing. Lemon juice, not lime juice.
>>
>>8782445
Here in Brazil, "lemon" refers to the green one, they are cheap, grow in every backyard and have a better taste. The yellow ones are called here sicilian lemons, they are rare and expensive
>>
Bearss limes are better than key limes. Improved Meyer lemons are superior to other lemons. I find bearss limes to be more uselful as i eat them woth pretty much everyfood because im beaner.
>>
Lemons are healthier than limes

>>8783342
The "sicilian lemons" really don't grow too well there?
>>
>>8782453
>Limeonade
>>
File: images (9).jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>8782453
Lemon and........lemon?
>>
>>8782445
Lime goes better in a Gin & Tonic than lemon
>>
Pretty sure if lines are left to naturally ripen they go a shade of yellow... Was a pain in aus trying to tell the difference
>>
>>8782710
Sailors in the Royal Navy used to mix lime or lemon juice with their rum rations.

t. colonial navy brat
>>
>>8782716
I'd fuck with a lime meringue. Believe you me...
>>
Theyre two different flavors you stupid fucks. Limes are more sweet. Lemons are brighter. Lemon juice has a tremendous amount of applications along with salt to add brightness and flavor intensity to an absolute fuck ton of things.
>>
>>8783027
Can't really get lost in your Podunk fucking town with one main road...
>>
>>8784043
>actually hasn't heard of limeade
>>
>>8784522
How can a limey not know that it's not lime? That's literally where the name comes from. Damn you're dumb kiddo.
>>
>>8782445
Limes are less acidic
>>
>>8784420
They do, but they are ripe when green. However limes and lemons have different flavors.
>>
Today I learned that all citrus fruits in existence are some form of hybrid between the citron, pomelo, papeda, or mandarin orange fruits.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.