[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I make the perfect lasagna?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

File: file.png (2MB, 1380x776px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1380x776px
how do I make the perfect lasagna?
>>
Al dente noodles. The key to lasagna is not boiling them too long. Should be a little tough when putting in oven as they continue to absorb liquid from tomato sause
>>
>>8778701
>noodles
lol
>>
Lasagna is a casserole and is very easy to make. The key to a good lasagna is money.
Lasagna tastes better with higher quality ingredients. If you are using pre-shredded mozzarella and kraft shaky cheese it's gonna be shit no matter how good of a cook you are.
>>
>>8778710
it is kind of a funny word if you say it a lot
noodle.... noodle! nooooddle!!!!
>>
File: IMG_2724.jpg (128KB, 460x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2724.jpg
128KB, 460x260px
>>8778694
It's actually pretty easy OP.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Remove tray from box.
3. Leave film on tray, do not vent
4. Place tray on baking sheet, center rack.
5. Cook for 70 minutes.
6. Remove tray from oven, let stand 5 minutes.

WA LA! Perfect lasagna! Enjoy!
>>
>>8778884
didnt know this was a troll board
>>
>>8778891
It's not a troll post though. Stoffer's lasagna is quite literally the perfect lasagna.
>>
>>8778909
anyone can buy a premade dish and heat up and oven. it's obviously not what I'm asking
>>
File: IMG_20170406_093840.jpg (185KB, 726x545px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170406_093840.jpg
185KB, 726x545px
>>8778909
Gonna have some tonight.
>>
>>8778916
c-can I come over senpai? I'll only need 1 serving, that still leaves 11 for you...
>>
>>8778701
Noddles in a lasagna?

The fuck you talking about.
>>
>>8778916
I might actually go buy one later. This thread got me craving some Stoffer's. Anyone ever try any of their other types of lasagna? I rember seeing a chicken one once but didn't try it.
>>
Are you italian?
If not you will never be able to create a perfect lasagna
>>
>>8778891
This board is nothing but shitposting.
>>
This >>8778701 and this >>8778809
But also this >>8778984.
It also helps if you use literally nothing premade and use only homegrown tomatoes and beef and wheat and cheese and make absolutely everything from scratch.
>>
>>8778984
Yeah when I think of italian food I think of sophisticated and tricky recipes that you can't easily follow if you're not a moron

Haha
>>
>>8778970

The vegetarian one is actually amazing. Creamy white sauce and noodles with a top crust that is really damn good.

We have to get that or the 5 cheese because of my vegetarian wife. I would actually power rank them as such:

Vegetarian
Meat
/\/\/\/\/POWER GAP/\/\/\/\/\/
5 cheese

vege and meat are pretty close in power ranking... depending on my mood i could switch the ranking. but right now i would murder some stouffers vege lasagna.
>>
>>8779022
The meat actually has the least amount of calories. The vegetable is really good though.
>>
>>8778694
>how do I make the perfect lasagna?

For me, it's gotta be home made sheet pasta, rolled extra thin, that has never touched water.

Add a tiny bit of baking powder so that you get just a tiny puff of inflation when it bakes.

OH MAMA MIA.

Also.. I'll post the cooks country recipe if I can find it. I made it and it was really damn good.
>>
File: WP_20170406_12_11_10_Pro.jpg (879KB, 1728x2139px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170406_12_11_10_Pro.jpg
879KB, 1728x2139px
>>8779035

This is the cooks country recipe from the feb/march issue this year.

The cream sauce alone makes the entire magazine worth keeping around for the rest of my life.

If you use this recipe, taste the cream sauce before putting it in the lasagna. I make it to serve over mushroom ravioli. Its amazing on its own.
>>
File: WP_20170406_12_16_56_Pro.jpg (920KB, 1707x2112px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170406_12_16_56_Pro.jpg
920KB, 1707x2112px
>>8779056
Here is the previous page that most people don't care as much about.

The first page of a recipe in cc is all about what the author thinks of the dish, what makes it great, and all the successes and failures they went through to end at the final recipe...
>>
The secret is a good ragu. Start with carrots, celery and onion, with as much onion as both carrot and celery combined. Finely dice, and sweat for 15 minutes or so on low heat in olive oil + butter

Then cube some beef chuck and pork shoulder, sear as hot as you an until nicely browned. You want twice as much meat as soffritto.

Add the soffritto to the meat with some oregano, one glass of wine per pound of meat, and enough beef stock to submerge the meat. Simmer on low for 2-4 hours depending on whether you want your meat just tender or completely homogenised with the sauce. Add a bunch of fresh chopped basil at the end.

For your cheese sauce, most recipes call for a white roux, but you will get better flavour if you darken it a little. Parmesan cheese works best, but cheddar is fine. You want to season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg.

If your lasagna sheets are dry, no need to precook them. If they're fresh, blanch them very briefly, 20 seconds or so, just to stiffen them up a little so they hold up better in the oven.

Each layer needs a thick serving of ragu, and a modest drizzle of cheese sauce just covering it. Feel free to add some extra grated parmesan, ricotta, or torn chunks of mozzarella if you like. Cover lasagne with a final layer of white sauce and mozzarella, then bake for 30-40 minutes at around 370.

Hope that helps OP
>>
>>8779077
Ragu is the key, my nigga.
>>
>>8778813
You mean lasagne sheets.
>>
>>8779077
I appreciate you anon
i will attempt this one day in the future
>>
File: 1372129224895.png (320KB, 486x478px) Image search: [Google]
1372129224895.png
320KB, 486x478px
>>8778884
>>8778909
>mfw I used to work at a pizza place that sold Stoffer's lasagna as their own and just added a little more cheese and sauce to it
>>
>>8779022
I hope your wife isn't one of those people that's a vegetarian for health reasons because that vegetable lasagna is higher in calories, saturated fat, and sodium with less protein than the meat kind. People that are vegetarian for health reasons and still eat shit like that are delusional.
People that vegetarian because they feel bad for animals are just fucking dumb, the animal is already dead either eat it and get nutrients or it gets thrown away and the animal died for nothing. The only acceptable reason to be vegetarian is if you genuinely don't like the taste of meat, and those people just have poor taste and that's forgivable.
>>
>>8779201
Not a vegetarian, but I think the belief is that less people eating meat = less animals being killed eventually. Most the smart ones I've met are aware that it doesn't make much of an impact now, but they think they can slowly make a difference. Also, I had a friend growing up that couldn't eat meat because his body would reject it. He was ashamed for being a forced vegetarian. He got along by eating shit junk food like chips and whatnot and a lot of quesadillas. His health is probably terrible now, but as far as I know, he's still alive.
>>
>>8778941
Pasta is noodles. Noodles is pasta. Dont be a jokester.
>>
>>8779214
I have a friend that is a vegetarian because she watched some PETA propaganda video like 12 years ago but she eats like shit and is pretty hefty. She will actually order pasta dishes at restaurants that have meat in them and pick out the meat and just leave it on the plate to get thrown away by the bus boy. I told her how wasteful that was and it was like spiting on the soul of the animal and asked her why she doesn't just order it without the meat, she had the nerve to say that it doesn't taste as good like that... NO SHIT!! She's a very liberal professional endless college student though so I shouldn't be shocked by that kind of logic from her.
>>
File: Noodles and Pasta.gif (14KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Noodles and Pasta.gif
14KB, 1152x648px
>>8779280

What you've gotta remember is that pasta is the cuisine.
>>
>>8779286
jesus fucking christ
>>
File: ezXAP57.jpg (242KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ezXAP57.jpg
242KB, 1920x1280px
>>8779286
>this person is your friend

find better friends
>>
my mother adds black olives to the sauce it really gives it a nice flavor, I think she puts one sardine to cook in the sauce as well, you don't notice the fishy flavor it just a little spicy salty tone to it, as do the olives.

I like my lasagna on the drier side because I always eat it with tzaziki (cucumber, garlic, yoghurt, whitewine vinegar salad)

very tasty, I love my moms food
>>
>>8779280
Hahaha fucking tard.
>>
>>8779286

This is the most retarded thing I have read in 2017, and that's saying quite a bit as I follow DJT on twitter...

Holy fuck.
>>
>>8779201

She just doesn't like the taste of meat. She also doesn't like the texture.

You can stop worrying about her now, you aspy piece of shit.
>>
>>8778809
>pre shredded mozzarella is cheaper than a whole one
uh-huh
>>
>>8779214
>Not a vegetarian, but I think the belief is that less people eating meat = less animals being killed eventually

The united states consumes 8 billion chickens per year.

If 5% of people don't eat chickens then they are already saving about 400 million chickens per year because that is the number that would get killed every year on top of the 8 billion number if demand was roughly 5% higher.

There is no "less animals killed eventually." Your actions have a direct impact on the supply and the demand. It's just hard to see at a microscopic level.

If another 25% of americans are eating less meat these days due to health concerns and because their neighbor is setting a good example with their vegan/vegetarianism, then that could easily be another billion chickens a year that are already being saved from a wretched existence in a factory farm.

I love eating meat, but i reduced my red meat consumption after reading the health concerns in scientific studies.. and I reduced sat fat intake across all food groups. I still eat meat, but generally as a flavoring element in a dish. like in the case of lasagna... or a curry...

I haven't ordered a huge hunk of meat anywhere in years and I think people that do eat like that are not being conscious of their actions - and are generally not self aware or intelligent.

"meat heads" i think they are called...
>>
Don't skimp on the noodles OP and you'll do fine!
>>
Cook ragu bolognese (Finely chop onions, celery, carrots, sautée them with some olive oil, add ground beef, brown it, dump a bunch of tomato purée and beef stock, add bay leaves and a pinch of nutmeg, then let it thicken nicely). After that, make some bechamel sauce (mix butter/oil with some flour on a pan, whisk it together with some milk, add nutmeg and cloves), and cook some lasagne sheets.
Assemble the product as follows:
A sheet of lasagna at the bottom, followed by a layer of ragu bolognese, and another sheet of lasagna, and so on and so forth until you've used up the ragu. The final layer must be served with bechamel sauce on top (you can also sprinkle some cheese on top if you're a culinary barbarian and a heathen).
Preheat the oven at 375F.
Then put the lasagne tray in the oven and let it bake for a while (about 40 minutes or so).
After that, take the tray out and cut it up however you want to.
>>
joey doesn't share food
>>
>>8779019
I can't grow beef at home. What do?
Should I move to a farm?
>>
>>8779720
Only if you want to make the perfect lasagna
>>
>>8779394
I've pretty much abandoned all of my friends I used to hang out with two entirely different groups of friends. One group got involved in heavy drugs but seem to be doing ok nowadays, they drink mountain dew and buy guns and parts for their cars. The other group have become far left snobs that bitch and whine about gender pay gaps and how bad the illegal immigrants are treated while they sip on $7 coffee drinks and buy the newest smartphone as soon as it comes out. I respect group #1 more because they're not insufferable cunts with a holier-than-thou complex. I stay at home, drink beer, buy action figures, and post on 4chan all day now. I think I made the right choice.
>>
>>8779668
You should put a bit of ragu under the first lasagne sheet, and don't use oil in your bechamel. I also like a bit of intermittent bechamel rather than just the top layer.
>>
My man, if you want the very best, there is only one recipe you can turn to

http://fxcuisine.com/default.asp?language=2&Display=150&resolution=high

http://fxcuisine.com/Default.asp?language=2&Display=152&resolution=high

My man FX has exactly the recipe for the discerning home chef and lasagna afficionado. The time and effort is well worth it.
>>
File: IMG_20170406_145553.jpg (167KB, 726x545px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170406_145553.jpg
167KB, 726x545px
>>8778916
All done. Time to feast.
>>
>>8779753
What action figures do you buy?
>>
>>8778694
tip - if you are too lazy to bother with lasagne you can replace them with farfalle. they're somewhat easier to boil and form fairly thin layers
>>
>>8779870
Different ones. Mostly comics, vidya, some movies, etc.
>>
>>8779981
You should show off
>>
>>8778694
Remember to let it set for about 20min after it comes out of the oven, cut it too soon and it pools up liquid at the bottom.
>>
>>8778891
How the hell did you not know that
>>
>>8779077
this sounds awesome
>>
>>8779572
lol
>>
>>8779572
>being this asshurt someone insulted your fat wife's honor

lmao!!
>>
>>8779841
that looks grim :/
>>
File: IMG_20170406_160909.jpg (170KB, 726x545px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170406_160909.jpg
170KB, 726x545px
>>8780117
Was tasty.
Gonna wait on the ice cream though am a bit bloated.
>>
>>8780129
>he ate all 12 servings
>>
>>8778694

A traditional approach.

1. Make a ragu bolognese and cool overnight.
2. Make fresh pasta.
3. Make a bechamel sauce.
4. Construct your lasagna
-butter the bottom of a baking dish
-add a bit of ragu on the bottom
-layer as follows: pasta, ragu, bechamel, grated cheese, pasta, ragu, bechamel, grated cheese
5. Once constructed, bake in a pre-heated oven at 375 until top is golden brown and the pasta is al dente.

Done.
>>
>>8779610
>their neighbor is setting a good example with their vegan/vegetarianism,
>setting a good example with their vegan/vegetarianism,
>setting a good example

This is what vegans actually believe.

Fuck you, and your faggot morality bullshit. You're cancer that should be culled from humanity.
>>
>>8780235

If you react thow strongly to other people's nutrition choices, you should have your brain chemistry looked at by professionals.
>>
>>8780033
nah, I'm at work and I don't have any pictures of them on my phone. It's mostly stuff like Hot Toys that look really cool, but I stare at them sometimes in disgust over how much money I've wasted on them. oh well, life goes on.
>>
File: shiba.jpg (25KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
shiba.jpg
25KB, 640x400px
>>8780277
If something makes you happy then it's not money wasted.
>>
>>8780151
>grated cheese,
>>
>>8780252
Exactly.

Vegans should have their heads examined by thinking they're "setting an example" and trying to convince people that they should eat the way they do.

Well put.
>>
>>8780308
The fuck else are you supposed to use, slices? Wheels?

Dipshit.
>>
>>8780307
They don't make me happy that's what the beer is for, if anything they fill some void.
>>
>>8780331
Shut up dummy.
>>
>>8779077

Straight up this. It 10x better than any of the shitty lasagna with bolognese you find literally anywhere else but in Italy.

Actually, my family is the only ones I know who makes it this style, and they got it from an old pasta box, lmao.
>>
Go to Olive Garden
>>
>>8780795
Go back to /reddit/
>>
>>8778694
A good mix of ingredients. Noodles, sauce, and cheese isn't enough. You want vegetables and meat as well. Beef and eggplant is a good combo. You also need at minimum both mozzarella and ricotta. If you take your cheddar out for even half a second while making lasagna you should kill yourself.
>>
>>8778694
The perfect meat ratio is 2/3 ground beef and 1/3 italian pork sausage.
>>
>>8780315

This response doesn't even make sense. Setting an example and spurging all over a norwegian white fish pickling image sharing web site are in no way equal or even comparable.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.