[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coffee grinders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3314.png (706KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3314.png
706KB, 1242x2208px
Hi /ck/,
My grinder shit the bed. I figure you're all so helpful about food and equipment I better solicit suggestions. What grinder do you have? Do you like it?
>>
>>8778411
I don't have one or any experience selecting them, sorry.
I really do wish I could help, maybe next time.
>>
>>8778411

Just get the encore already everyone knows that's the one you're gonna pick anyway why did you even start a thread
>>
File: WP_20170406_08_48_28_Pro.jpg (761KB, 1728x1731px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170406_08_48_28_Pro.jpg
761KB, 1728x1731px
I bought the higher end capresso model a couple months back. Its cheaper than the encore, and also grinds at a slower rpm and its quieter.

I did quite a bit of research at the time, and this seemed like the best option.

I mostly used it for drip, and cold brew, so unfortunately I can't make any claims about my personal experience with ultra fine espresso grinds.
>>
>>8778531
is it messy? also is the hopper somewhat airtight? it looks like a pretty decent seal like it might keep beans fresh or a day or two.

>>8778481
probably not going to get the encore. actually leaning toward the Bodum Bistro because its quiet and i have a newborn

>>8778426
i appreciate your effort

>>8778425
is it worth it? ugh i feel like if I'm going to spend that much id just spend more and get something thats all metal construction
>>
>>8778584
>capresso

Any hopper is going to be adjacent to the grinder, which will be an open mechanism. I wouldn't use any of these machines to store beans for more than a couple days. That said, the capresso has a very nice fit and finish. I got the heavier metal construction one, it is very solid. The "seals" on the hopper and grind collection bin are not really seals... They are more like plastic parts that fit VERY snug together. It does make somewhat of a seal I guess, but no coffee grinder is going to be airtight due to the nature of the grinder mechanism and even the adjustment mechanism for grind size would allow for air to get in and out of the machine. I wouldn't trust any machine out there that makes any claims about long term bean storage capabilities.
>>
>>8778585
>Don't buy a capresso, I've used them and they're pretty flimsy/shoddy compared to the encore

They've come out with second generation models that are just fine. My friend has a plastic capresso. Another friend has a plastic encore, I prefer the fit and finish of my metal capresso. Imo, the two plastic units are a bit cheap feeling. All three get the job done, so the plastic encore just seems more expensive for no reason. Some people think more expensive is an attractive trait... I just want good coffee.
>>
>>8778646
>Some people think more expensive is an attractive trait...
what a ridiculous non sequitur. they're in the same price class, but one is not upgradeable and the other is
>>
>>8778652
>one needs to be upgraded and the other doesn't
>>
>>8778722
>needs = can
don't kid yourself, nothing at this price point is great, but at least in one case there's the option to improve if you want
>>
>>8778411
Dude just get this, it's better than that electric shit and it's handmade in that 18th Century Cooking Guy's Home.
http://jas-townsend.com/shopping_cart.php?sort=2a
>>
File: 1429650754584.gif (2MB, 492x300px)
1429650754584.gif
2MB, 492x300px
>>8778785
wrong link
here: http://jas-townsend.com/brass-coffee-grinder-p-690.html
>>
>>8778531
>>8778584
I got one of these for free and use it for pour overs, it doesn't grind very coarse which is usually a problem with cheap grinders.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.