[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pinto Beans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

/ck/, I know nothing about Pinto beans. But I saw some at the grocery store the other day, and it seems like a good deal.
I am addicted to chilli, so I usually spend a fair amount on cans of kidney beans. But pinto. These giant bags are cheap as shit. And easier to carry than cans. (I am a lowly poorfag pedestrian)
I have some questions about them:

>How similar are they in texture and taste to Kidney Beans when cooked?
Said something about soaking them overnight...
>Can you soak them in tomato juice/sauce and have them absorb a tomato flavour?
>Will the sauce you soak them in become starchy and gross/unusable in later chilli cooking?
>>
I don't have anything nice to say to you.
>>
File: sadcracker.jpg (187KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
sadcracker.jpg
187KB, 1365x2048px
>>8778108
>>
They are similar to kidney beans.

Soak them in water, discard the water.
>>
sort the beans, wash them, and then let soak for 12 hours. pressure cook (I like the presto 01370) with a little oil and salt (oil the rim of the pc as well) for 2 minutes and let the pc naturally depressurize. then strain and rinse beans, and store in jars in the fridge. use beans within a week for recipes.
>>
>>8778543
by sort I mean look for rocks and other stuff. these beans WILL have rocks in them. You do not want to bite down on a rock.
>>
>>8778103
>chili
>beans

REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Best way to cook is with onion, peppers, and salt pork:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iYe9TMSjBs
>>
SOAK THEM FOREVER OR YOU WILL BE FARTING ALL DAY
>>
>>8778103

Yes, they taste very similar to any other kind of dried beans, kidney included.

>>soaking them
You soak them in water then you throw that water away. The soak water tastes nasty, and it also contains the substances in the bean that causes gas. You don't want to be eating it. Throw out the soak water. Once that's done then you can cook the beans in a tasty liquid like stock, broth, tomato juice, etc.
>>
>>8778589
>You soak them in water then you throw that water away.
Rinsing them with water after dumping the soak water helps too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.