[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi friends! New Insta-pot owner here!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4188.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4188.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hello to my 4chan community!

I just bought an insta-pot, and used it for the first time last night and let me just say...it was insta-love! Most tender delicious chicken breasts cutlets marinated in spicy fajita sauce I've ever had. Yum! (: I wanted to start a thread where we could share our favorite recipes. Can't wait to hear yours. :P I'm getting pretty hungry......
>>
Been thinking about getting one for my uncle who needs a crock pot because he is leaving his wife.
Are these any good?
>>
>>8776864
They're excellent. Pressure cooking means cooking that cheap cut of meat for 2 hours instead of 8.
>>
Anyone ever tried a confit in one of these? Would love to hear experiences. I have made some confit pork shoulder and then drained the fat and added ingredients to make a braise/stew-y type thing with additional veg and potato... turned out pretty good but took about 5 hrs total.
>>
Just be aware instapots cant get to 15psi, so are not true pressure cookers and cannot be used for sterilization or canning
>>
>>8777377
Oh good to know! Nice digits (:
>>
File: 1388161675675.jpg (36KB, 525x255px) Image search: [Google]
1388161675675.jpg
36KB, 525x255px
>>8776823
Not your friend, buddy.
>>
>>8777912
not your upvote, reddit! XDDDD
>>
I really hate Instapot's underground marketing. Luckily WMF™ is affordable here in Germany.
>>
Going to be seeing a lot of these at consignment stores in a few years; guaranteed.

It's not smart enough to be a rice cooker, and not powerful enough to be a pressure cooker. I don't see the point.
>>
>>8776864
Yeah very good. I cook unsoaked dry beans in this thing and it takes about an hour from turning on the pot to pressure release. Saves prep time/planing and plenty of money.

Broths are a lot easier and faster, also if you let the pressure release on its own it doesn't ever get to a rolling boil so there is less agitation= a less cloudy stock.

It can also brown stuff (meat) in the pot before you close it up, so you do fewer dishes.
>>
File: alanis.jpg (114KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
alanis.jpg
114KB, 640x853px
>>8779074
>accuses OP of shilling
>its a germoney shilling for the IMF
>>
LISTEN IM NOT A SHILL PLEASE GIVE ME GOOD RECIPES FOR MY INSTA-POT SO I CAN FINALLY BE HAPPY
>>
i got me one of these for my birthday but I havent used it yet. Mines a Faberware model, im going to try some bbq ribs this weekend.
>>
>>8780599
Oh cool! Happy birthday. I also got mine as a birthday present. My birthday was last week. The insta-pot gift made it really really special. Enjoy and let me know how it goes. (: (: (:
>>
>>8776823
bought a full 30 lb pork shoulder and cooked both half in my mom's insta pot that she got last Christmas. The first one I roasted and that was great, then I made pulled pork and that was great too
>>
>>8777377
pressure cooker =/= pressure canner
I like having an IP AND a pressure canner though, if you're a dedicated canner you should have the biggest fucking canner you can afford/have room for.. and the All-American I inherited is WAY too big to use on any kind of regular basis.
>>
>>8781669
Oh cool! It seems like it's impossible to fuck up cooking meat on the insta-pot. I'm really excited to try pork shoulder. Thanks for the inspiration.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.