[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished reading this, and it was pretty fucking great.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: dishwasher.jpg (30KB, 228x346px) Image search: [Google]
dishwasher.jpg
30KB, 228x346px
I just finished reading this, and it was pretty fucking great. I'm surprised I'd never heard of it before. Anyone know if they ever finished the movie? Are there any other hidden gems like this about kitchens? I'd only read Kitchen Confidential before, and I like Dishwasher a million times better.
>>
bump for op's lonely thread
>>
How the fuck can he afford to make it to all 50 states on a dish washer's salary?
>>
>>8771008
He was basically homeless and would just crash on people's floors or housesit/dogsit. He also had a van he lived in during the later years. He made a dishwashing zine that ended up having lots of fans that would send him letters and invitations to stay with them or offer him jobs. It's a pretty good read. Check it out.
>>
>>8771019
t. Pete Jordan
>>
>>8771054
I wish. At least that nigga had the sense to leave the industry. I've been working in kitchens (not just dishes though) for 15 years, and I'll probably be doing it the rest of my life.
>>
>>8771019
Sounds like Bukowski, although he always told the corprate overlords to fuck off, and got fired.

Those underbelly experiences of the corporate exploitation game are always good reads. I'll check it out. Take a look at Bukowski, yourself.
>>
How long did it take him? I moved up to line in less than 6 months. Did he enjoy dishwashing? I mean, I have nostalgia for it, and enjoyed being able to be drunk at work, but shit.
>>
>>8771085
He ended up only working in 33 states and calling it quits, but had traveled through all 50 states during his quest. It took him over 10 years just to get that far. He kept returning to places he liked and had already worked or for poontang, so he was never in a rush too finish. Eventually he realized how old he was getting, met some chick he married, and quit.
>>
>>8771085
and yeah he enjoyed it, but mostly because it was so easy to fuck off and quit without having to worry about future employment.
>>8771080
I think he mentions Bukowski a few times.
>>
>>8770971
well, gotta give him credit for having a goal and going for it
>>
>>8771080
Should I start with Ham on Rye or Post Office?
>>
File: 170px-Bakunin.png (60KB, 170x215px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Bakunin.png
60KB, 170x215px
>>8771166
Both are very good. They're fairly quick reads, so do both. His short story collection, "Tales of Ordinairy Madness," has a lot of relevancy to the current situation since it was written during the Reagan years. All in all, if you liked Jordan, and I'm looking forward to reading him myself, it sounds like you'll like Bukowski.

These guys have to be given credit for exposing the vermin ridden underbelly of capitalism, in honest portrayals.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.