[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cheese general/ - 4chan's Dedicated Cheese Board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 18

File: lilblackbomber.jpg (696KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
lilblackbomber.jpg
696KB, 1300x867px
Just bought one of these babies. Although Cheddar is so ubiquitous I still think a really good sharp mature cheddar is one of the best types of cheese.

ITT Post your favourite cheeses.

Cheesespray, Cheesewhip, Macronicheese and any American 'cheese foods' not welcome.
>>
File: yarg.jpg (73KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
yarg.jpg
73KB, 600x450px
OP bumping his thread with a rare cheese.

Cornish Yarg, a revival from a 17th century recipe is wrapped with stinging nettle leaves. The rind is moldy but edible.
>>
>>8769084
favorite cheese: port salut

>Cheese Board
that's a co-op selling cheeses and pizza in Berkeley
http://cheeseboardcollective.coop/
>>
I just need to know what Ruby Tuesday's uses for their mac and cheese. I've read copycat recipes but there's gotta be someone on /ck/ who used to work there who knows for sure.
>>
File: IMG_0153_DutchmensGouda.jpg (3MB, 4096x2731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0153_DutchmensGouda.jpg
3MB, 4096x2731px
I really like Gouda, great robust cheese for slicing and using for sandwiches.
>>
I'm slowly learning to eat more cheese. I got really sick of one as a kid, and that really turned me off of cheese for the longest time.
I can now eat some in food, or combined with something (olives for instance, which is also something I learned to appreciate at a later age).
My favorite so far is well aged cheddar in cheese sauce, and loads of parmeza reggiona with pasta dishes.
I also once had a goat cheese which was baked inside a puff pastry thingy, with some honey, that was pretty great also, but I don't know what exact type of cheese it was.
But eating cheese just by itself is something I can't do (yet). The way it melts and seems to coat the inside of my mouth makes me gag, even if I like the taste, it's really weird.
>>
File: 82.jpg (52KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
82.jpg
52KB, 600x450px
>>8769084
Salers is god tier,
also : bleu d'auvergne,
beaufort,
cantal,
(good) camembert,
comté,
and some goat cheese
>>
I think feta is my favorite but I also eat cottage cheese a lot. It took a bit to get over the consistency but now I'm used to it.
>>
>>8769084
What's the best way to make Parmesan at home /cg/?
>>
File: Marchiatura_2.jpg (2MB, 1952x2536px) Image search: [Google]
Marchiatura_2.jpg
2MB, 1952x2536px
>>8769337
Isn't true parmigiano reggiano really really hard to make? But I guess when in doubt, check out what Gavin has to say about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGBSl5AAfMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxuXKE0T9PU
>>
>>8769084
>Cheddar is so ubiquitous

*Bad* Cheddar is ubiquitous; as you've discovered, good Cheddar is like an entirely different cheese entirely.
>>
>>8769102
>Yarg
>wrapped with stinging nettle leaves

Named after the sound the cheese maker makes as they wrap it.
>>
>>8769084
>general
>>
>>8769636
It's actually named after a woman who's surname was Gray, who gave the recipe to the dairy that originally made it. They just wrote it backwards to sound authentic.
It's inspired by old cornwall/devon cheeses, but I think the modern version is from the 70s. They make an excellent variation with garlic and herbs, thats wrapped in wild garlic leaves.
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 800x800px
>>8769084
>cheese thread
At least we won't get any Americans in this one.
Just Jane is dam fine.
>>
How do I into brie? The last kind I had had a very odd aftertaste. Wasn't disgusting but the shit got less tolerable the more I ate it.
>>
File: manchego.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
manchego.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
Bought some Manchego cheese recently. I really like the flavor, it's kind of soft and nutty and leaves a nice aftertaste. I gave some to my brother-in-law to try and he gagged and said it was disgusting. His reaction to it reminded me of that one woman who ate nothing but cheesy potatoes for 30 years, I could have sworn he was about to cry. Wish I wasn't the only one in my family to like cheese so I could buy more of it.
>>
>>8770133
Don't eat the rind
>>
File: Maggot-Cheese-Casu-Marzu[1].jpg (37KB, 645x484px) Image search: [Google]
Maggot-Cheese-Casu-Marzu[1].jpg
37KB, 645x484px
my favourite is casu marzu
>>
File: 2476_0[1].jpg (78KB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
2476_0[1].jpg
78KB, 467x350px
Sweden räpresent!

Västerbotten cheese is fuckin' great
>>
File: Beechers_Flagship[1].jpg (155KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Beechers_Flagship[1].jpg
155KB, 600x400px
My favorite cheese is Beecher's Flagship. It's a cheese made using the cheddaring process but with cultures of gruyere.

If you are ever in Seattle then you can stop by their shop on Pike Place and get some free samples.
>>
>>8770274
>Seattle
>USA
>cheese
Nope.
>>
Roquefort anyone?
>>
>>8769084
New Zealand cheese is relentlessly shill-worthy. That being said, British cheeses are far superior to French cheeses imo
>>
>>8769636
kek
>>
>>8770182
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>8770133
Entry level brie is pasteurised
Trve kvlt brie is unpasteurised
Eat something like Delice or mild camembert until you gain the power of ripeness appreciation
>>
>>8770302
Too sweaty for me
>>
Rotten milk fat balls that stink like death as food .... fuck all that shit

Westerners confirmed for pathetic taste
>>
>>8770374
The celebration of what happens when milk goes off big time stylie
>>
>>8769084
My favourite is red leicester, followed by mature cheddar. I don't tend to eat much cheese, though; I have to be in the right mood for it.
Any recommendations for a good strong hard cheese other than mature cheddar?

Also, how do you get hold of cheese curds in the UK?
Not curd cheese; actual cheese curds. I want to make poutine.
>>
>>8770163
Manchego is beautiful. I can never quite understand why the cheese just under the rind has a strange, slightly crunchy/gritty texture to it though.
>>
>>8770705
Dat crystallization. Parmasan and good cheddars are crystally like that too.
>>
>>8769102
That is beautiful.
>>
>>8770374
jealous lactose intolerant asian detected..

enjoy your tasteless tofu for the rest of your rife
>>
File: Cheddah.jpg (24KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
Cheddah.jpg
24KB, 500x391px
Wisconsin 10 year cheddar is waifu
>>
>>8769132
There are soooo many amazing tasting cheeses but smoked gouda is my absolute favorite.
>>
>>8770274
gawwwd the smoked one is so fucking GOAT

i also like rumiano's smoked mozz as well
>>
>>8770274
That stuff is pretty good
>>8770301
They also make it in New York City. I bet that really chaps your hide
>>
>>8770302
It goes extremely well in a creme fraiche sauce for chicken in general also good for any meat
>>
>>8770633
Make curds senpai
>full fat milk
>add lemon juice
>wait to separate
>squeeze out whey through cheese cloth
Also evaporate off some of the water from the whey and git dat protein
>>
File: img_2228.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
img_2228.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>8769084
This specific stuff is so great man.

As for others I enjoy Riopelle. There's a few French triple creams I can't remember the exact name of that are great. And there's pic attached which I can only find at grocery stores in another area that's absolutely divine, current favourite for sure.
>>
>>8771232
isnt that the same as mozzarella?
>>
>>8771309
Mozzarella's got some other cool shit going on with rennet and stuff. Curd is just the solid part of separated milk
>>
File: cheese.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cheese.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
>>8769084
oh bby, this is my place. A sharp chedder is always good. Bleu cheese is nice to add a bit to salads. Squeeky cheese curds are my childhood and I love them.
>>
>>8770242
My favourite too, goppai!
>>
How can there be so many varieties of cheese? At the end of the day it's still curdled milk right?
>>
>>8771407
this is a very silly statement
>>
>>8771407
Various type of Milk, of seasoning, of making -> various cheese
>>
>>8771407
All food and drink is pretty much the same, don't listen to these hipster snobs who pretend to be able to tell the difference in order to impress each other about how sophisticated they are
>>
>>8771385
>bleu cheese
>>
>>8771431
>/ck/ - Flavorless Nutrient Slurry
>>
>>8771447
P. Sure Soylent threads are a thing
>>
>>8771451
shit you're right
>>
Fortunately this cheese, while superior to all other cheeses, was declared racist by the ADL and has been genocided
>>
File: Bleu-Auvergne.jpg (187KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bleu-Auvergne.jpg
187KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>>8772200
Sweaty as fuck
What is it with French blues and pissing water everywhere?
>>
File: mimolette.jpg (52KB, 760x509px) Image search: [Google]
mimolette.jpg
52KB, 760x509px
>>8772281
ur sweaty as fuck you fuckin nerd
>>
>>8772297
yeah :(
also mimolette is based but fuck man try cutting it for a customer when management wants nice neat wedges and the wire breaks every time
>>
File: gjetost_Feat.jpg (37KB, 580x300px) Image search: [Google]
gjetost_Feat.jpg
37KB, 580x300px
Any other weird un-cheesy cheeses like Ghetost? Got some on a whim and it turned out mighty interesting, probably going to shred/slice it up for breakfast sandwiches with toasted cinnamon raisin bread and jam. Bit too sweet and strong to eat more than an ounce at a time without diffusion, though.

As for favorite, maybe I'm biased as shit because it was the first real cheese I tried but for me Jarlsberg rules supreme, stout and sturdy and smooth and provided you can get the label film off the rind's fucking delicious too.
>>
>>8770182
Remove rind, eat rind then brie.
Peel apple, eat peel then apple.
Remove crust, eat crust then bread.
>>
>>8770302
tried to increase the amount I consume after watching some health show saying how the green stuff in the cheese is really good at keeping you in tip top shape or something, some kind of antibiotic.

>>8769954
>They make an excellent variation with garlic and herbs, thats wrapped in wild garlic leaves.
have tried this in Friends of Ham, can confirm it's bloody tasty.

Gunna try deep fry some goats camembert in panko tonight with a raspberry gueze sauce
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.