[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1796.jpg (211KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1796.jpg
211KB, 900x1200px
I spend more and more on wine. Some people claim there is very little or no different between cheap and expensive wine. I don't agree. Cheap wine CAN be really good! But it can never have the same length or lasting qualities that more expensive wines have. There are some producers that make low quality expesive wine. That's what makes it so thrilling. You may pick a good or a bad one. But you need to taste 500+ different kinds before you can sort the shit from the sawdust!
>>
Then so-called wine experts are exposed for not being able to tell a red wine from a white wine that has food coloring. It's all a sham.

Just buy boxed wine.
>>
>>8769010
You're right that there is a lot of bullshit in the wine industry. But just because that in certain cases things were indistinguishable doesn't mean that applies to *all* cases.
>>
>>8769010
>single expert exposed as being a shitty expert with a test that had exatly that purpose all along
shocking. I guess all wine is exactly the same now guys, same story with whiskey, beer, meat, bread. it's all literally the same shit made in one chinese fatory, it's just packaged differently
>>
>>8769010
desu there is some decent boxed wines in france.
>>
>>8769020
Urah I get your point. But I still think the wine snobs are some of the worst people there is. Imagine someone tasting a loaf of bread like snobs taste wine. It would be a laughing matter. But no, wine isn't just grape juice or something to drink with joy. You gotta ruin it with snobbish idiotism. "I smell saddlewood, oilspill, gummy bears, horse shoe and dove rape"
>>
>>8769020
>single expert
Nope. There have been studies on this anon.
>>
>find nice wine
>buy loads of it
>repeat when it runs out

you don't need to taste 500 wines you autist.
>>
>>8769043
Ok
>>
Just give me my two buck chuck and nobody gets hurt. I don't care where it's from, I just don't want to get my asshole raped over the price of rotten grape.
>>
>>8769036
you're confusing wine snobs with people who trained themselves in recognising specific flavours in wine
there is nothing wrong with analysing a wine, showing off on a social occasion while saying shit like "real wine starts with 50$" is what makes you a snob, not wine tasting
>>8769041
there have been studies on everything anon. every hypothesis nowadays has studies both for it and against it, generally equally valid. anyone can finance a study, not all studies are equal, many studies are done so that they reach a particular conclusion.
>>
/ck/ is too poor to talk about wine, and usually a mod gets butthurt and deletes the thread before long
>>8769086
The thing is these tards don't give a shit, they think "a red wine got mistaken for a white wine once therefore nobody can tell red wine from white wine"

I can trick someone into thinking chicken is beef but that doesn't make chicken the same as beef
>>
>>8771034
>I can trick someone into thinking chicken is beef
That would be pretty difficult to do.
>>
>>8769003
You really don't need to taste that many, you aren't going for master sommelier fag. Sounds more like you're just bored and want an excuse to drink wine more often
>>
>>8769010

http://sciencesnopes.blogspot.com/2013/05/about-that-wine-experiment.html
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.