[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hearty one dish meals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Do a quick summary of the recipe, I don't want details. I want really easy things to make in one pan/pot.

My fave:
>cook cut up onion and chorizo in a skillet
>add white beans, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, a can of tomatoes, and gnocchi
>cook a little longer
>stir in some spinach and mozzarella
>top with parsley

So fucking good, and I love just having one dish to clean.
What are your favourites /ck/?
>>
>>8767710
i fill the bottom of a skillet with assorted vegetables (tomato/squashes/broccoli/onion, you name it) and grill/fry them, then fill the crevasses and entire top with rice, cheese/sauce on top of that. then i cover (pot lid that fits snugly into bottom of pan) and let the vegetables steam and the rice contacting the pan to fry. its like fried rice made in eskovich style (another excellent 1 pan option meal), keeping the ingredients independent and the vegetables in that delicious charred/steamed state

english breakfast is a 1 skillet meal, aside from beans
>>
Paella
/thread
>>
>>8767710

Dutch oven filled with

>chopped onion
>sweeter sauerkraut
>shredded potato
>diced apples or apple sauce
>white bratwurst
>caraway
>optional bacon
>>
dice an onion, some mushrooms and some meat. Put in a pan with oil or butter (depends on your preferences) and cook until meat is browned and onions are soft. Add garlic, however much you like, maybe a bit of sage if you're using chicken as your meat (caraway and paprika for beef is nice) and give it a stir. Add a cup of rice and two cups of whatever stock that will go with your meat. Cover your pot, turn it down to a low simmer and leave it for about 10 minutes, stir, then another 10-15 minutes. season it if you need to, done.

change it up however you want, it's the easiest thing to make.
>>
>>8767932
I wish I was German so I could have grown up eating dishes like that
>>
>>8767710
>cook cut up onion and chorizo in a skillet

what's your go to chorizo or sausage to go for skillet meals?
I heard turkey's great and a healthy go to sausage. I just want to hear second opinions
>>
>>8770061
Turkey is healthier, but no where near as tasty as pork sausage.
>>
>Brown a poussin for a few minutes in butter, set aside
>add a chopped onion and sweat until soft
>add a cup of brown rice, ground cardomam seeds, cloves, bayleaf and stir to coat rice
>add enough bouillon to cook the rice, spoonful of tomato puree and the poussin
> simmer covered until rice and chicken are done
> chopped scallions to garnish
>>
>>8770087
how about beef?
>>
>>8770087
>turkey sausage healthier

Not really. If it's going to be at all palatable and not dry and grainy, it's still going to have to have at least 20% fat. That's just the nature of sausage. If you're trying to eat a diet low in fat, just skip sausages altogether.
>>
>>8770221
Yeah, but poultry is still generally better for you than red meat.
>>
File: 1467694912679.png (53KB, 1093x593px) Image search: [Google]
1467694912679.png
53KB, 1093x593px
>>8770221
>Not really

This says otherwise
>>
>>8767906
this, But I was going to say Arroz con Pollo.
>>
>>8767710
Chicken stir fry (or stir steam, or whatever, I don't care)

Step one: oil a big pan or wok or whatever is big and can get covered, set it to a heat that'll cook chicken titty pieces
Step two: cut up some chicken titties and throw the chunks/bits/strips or whatever into the pan
Step 3: put diced tomato (canned or not, I don't care) all over it when the chicken tits are done doing their thing (also salt and pepper them at the very least unless you like unflavorful chicken experiences)
Step fore: cut a sausage rope into little sausage discs and throw those in there
Step V: throw in chopped bell peppers or jalepeƱos or whatever you want, this step is optional
Step sex: put your little broccoli trees in it however you cut broccoli and if it's steaming, cover it (if it isn't steaming, put water in there to make some steam happen, then cover it)

Eat it when the broccoli finishes steaming and serve it with rice when you decide to level up in life and use two pans when cooking.
>>
I personally love doing a nice bake
>cut sausage into a pan
>bake for a bit in the oven
>add onion
>add bell pepper
>bake longer
>season
>>
>>8770259
I said palatable, numbnuts. And look at the sodium and cholesterol levels. Turkey is almost double pork in both.
>>
File: IMAG0086.jpg (3MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0086.jpg
3MB, 3024x5376px
>>8770304
It looks like this, famalam
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.