[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hbg/ - Homebrew general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: PicsArt_04-03-08.39.34.jpg (73KB, 1024x669px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_04-03-08.39.34.jpg
73KB, 1024x669px
No homebrew thread?
Here's one.

>kvass, beer, mead, you name it
>>
Hooray a new thread to post my kvass adventures in!
The rye bread has been sitting in the water for about 10 hours, gonna strain it this evening.
>>
>>8764908
>Try fermenting juice in the bottle for cheap alcohol
>Get that organic shit with no preservatives and fruit bits in the bottom
>Add white sugar and winemaker's yeast
>Wait
>It bubbles constantly, looking good
>After a week it starts smelling like vinegar
>Taste some to see if it's a bad batch
>Tastes like pure sugar and a slight aftertaste that might be alcohol
What the fuck? I thought this was supposed to be a wait 3 days and you can get drunk type of deal?
>>
>>8764914
POST IT!
>>
My kvass makes me empty my gas chamber once in a minute and my house basically is like a giant Dutch oven right now. It tastes good but this is a pretty big con. And no, I'm not drinking the yeast.
>>
File: IMG_20170403_201034725.jpg (284KB, 918x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170403_201034725.jpg
284KB, 918x1632px
>>8764949
Now the waiting begins
>>
Started cider yesterday but I'm using a recipe from homebrew talk forum that says to let it mature for 4 weeks.
>>
>>8765059
How hard is this on a scale of 1-10?

Additionally, how HARD is it?
>>
Brother and I just brewed a honey wheat saison, have big hopes for it. We're attempting a two hearted clone next and using a rewashed saison strain to completely fuck it up.
>>
>>8765986

Difficulty? 1/10.

Alcohol content? Depends on many variables but usually it is very low, 1% or less.
>>
>>8764908
not actual brewing per se but edward lee has this thing in his cookbook

bourbon sweet tea
>3 cups water
>1/2 cup sugar
>3 tea bags
or 2 he says
>half lemon
>half lime
>half orange
he recommends one of each but it was too much for me
>1 cup bourbon
for me, 101 and a splash extra

>boil sugar and water
>steep tea bags in mason jar for 10 minutes
or 5 he says
>add fruit

what i do is i usually get it all done around lunch or earlier, then stir every now and then in fridge. after 6 or 7 hours, take fruit out. i strain but you dont have to if you like pulpiness. i let it cool even more over night. i make maybe 4 batches every now and then and 3 are a good amount to get you plastered in a night. i give the last batch to a coworker who then drunk texts me titty pics as a reward for being nice.
>>
>>8764921

Honestly if you actually care to learn how to make your own alcohol, you'll take the proper precautions and keep trying. If you're just trying to get drunk for cheap, there are a lot cheaper alternatives out there then organic juice.
>>
>>8766429
Probably going to keep trying/keep waiting and see if this brew improves. Cheapness is part of it, but what I'm really trying to do is make a cheap and good tasting way to get drunk.
>>
>>8766448
Lel, this isn't homebrewing. We make brews we're not ashamed to share with friends and family. You, on the other hand, are making rotgut.
>>
>>8766465
>Rotgut
>Tastes good
Pick one friendo. I just want to make the alcoholic equivalent of potato soup. Cheap, tastes pretty good, and not too fancy but it sure as hell gets the job done.
>>
>>8766465

Don't shit on people that are trying to enjoy the same hobby as you. Plenty of avid homebrewers started out making some god-awful swill. You were likely one of them.

My first brew was a mixture of ginger, sugar, water, and yeast, REALLY high specific gravity, and I let that shit sit for a month straight. I took one sip of it afterwords and had to dump it. It was utterly unpalatable.

>>8766448
>a cheap and good tasting way to get drunk.

Honestly the cheapest, best tasting way to get drunk is to make your own beer from malt extract. Malt extract is insanely cheap, and all you need is extract, hops, water, and yeast. To spare yourself the investment of homebrewing equipment, you can ferment in a bucket and store your final product in growlers or 2 liter bottles or anything with a screw cap really. Granted, this method ignores a LOT of homebrew techniques that are almost imperative for good beer, but regardless it's the cheapest and best tasting way to get drunk.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.