[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

truffles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: truffles.jpg (6KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
truffles.jpg
6KB, 256x197px
Are truffles a meme? I've never tried them but it seems like a lot of money for a funky pseudo-umami kick. I'm talking real truffles, not that truffle oil shit.
>>
Okay so what the fuck is a meme food any more? First it was fucking bacon, then it was cronuts and whatever the shit else. Now you're telling me truffles are a meme candidate? Fuck right off the edge of my dick with that shit.
>>
>>8763144

You don't NEED truffles for the truffle taste. Truffle cheeses, truffle oil, and truffle salt is all you need.
>>
>>8763144
No. Memes are things that a very large amount of people regurgitate because they lack creativity. Truffles will never be memes because there is not a large amount of people rich enough to buy them. Does this explanation satisfy your autism, OP?
>>
Hubby loves em
>>
I've never had them either and could use an actual flavor description.
>>
>>8763144
No, I'm french and my uncle somehow "cultivate" black perigord truffles, and I can assure you that nothing compare to that.

>>8763599
Really hard to describe as it doesn't ressemble anything else, the scent is in my opinion the most noticeable thing, it's fresh, woody, a little like humus too. For the flavor, you would have to imagine something between girolle and horn of plenty, but much stronger and again with that strong flavor of underwood.
>>
File: Black_Truffles_Istria_Croatia.jpg (189KB, 590x300px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Truffles_Istria_Croatia.jpg
189KB, 590x300px
>>8763144
They're an acquired taste and basically smell like someone left the gas running. I love me some Istrian truffles, but goddamn is that shit expensive because it's mainly meant for export.
>>
i had some shaved over some pasta once. really liked it. it's definitely worth trying if you get a chance.
>>
>>8763175
those things have truffle in them
>>
>>8763144
Meme meme lol
>>
>>8763144
Putting truffle Oil on pasta is the best
>>
Sage all meme threads.
>>
>>8763218
But couldn't it become a meme within rich circles to obsess over them, which trickles down into other circles of society to become a general meme?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.