[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cayenne Pepper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: cayenne.jpg (73KB, 1286x600px) Image search: [Google]
cayenne.jpg
73KB, 1286x600px
>buy into the cayenne meme
>try to use it in a soup
>it's not that good
>regular black pepper tastes better

Was I rused?
>>
Use both familia.
>>
File: photo.jpg (67KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
67KB, 900x900px
>>8758127
Chef John pranked your ass, bitch.
>>
>>8758127
Black peppercorn and pepper fruit that contain capsacian are entirely different things. Perhaps you're just abjectly ignorant?
>>
>>8758127
The only use I've found for cayenne is for adding heat to a dish without changing the overall flavor much.
>>
>>8758138
they both add heat. cayenne makes it taste like an Indian dish, while black pepper makes it taste European. That's the only meaningful use I've seen.
>>
>>8758146
Horseradish also "adds heat." Also your take on the difference between black peppercorn and cayenne pepper is completely retarded, because it disregards both the ripeness of peppercorn (white, pink, etc), or literally the numerous other peppers ranging from jalapeno, to thai, to habenero, to hatch green, etc.

Just utterly ignorant of anything you're talking about.
>>
>>8758132
/thread
>>
Using cayenne powder (assuming) in a soup is tricky because you catch the flavor but it basically sinks to the bottom--unless you have a bisque. The proof comes in the last few sips, when you see all the powder at the bottom of the bowl. Still hot, but not as effective.

But when you integrate it with solid foods, it really turns up the heat. Cayenne has the burn but not the sting, if that makes sense. You take it in, feel the kick...but don't need milk and a hankey while eating. Serrano peppers, on the other hand...dice some of those up and see what happens...
>>
>>8758140
this
>>
>>8758127
>cayenne
Cayenne is shit! SHIT!

I fucking hate it used in almost anything where is favor is pronounced instead of simply adding a bit of depth to the other flavors.
>>
>>8758298
>instead of simply adding a bit of depth to the other flavors.
That's pretty much what cayenne is for. It pretty much just naturally does that unless you add a fuckton. I happen to like the flavor though.
>>
>>8758140
>adding heat to a dish without changing the overall flavor much.
But the flavor is highly distinct. It's just about the least "unsubtle flavorless heat" pepper you could use
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.