[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chocolate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1489233202296.jpg (42KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
1489233202296.jpg
42KB, 625x350px
How do I make chocolate from bean to bar?

How much special equipment do you need to process the cocoa beans?
>>
Just buy nibs, it'd the bean with the useless parts extracted.

Then you don't really need any special tools besides molds.
>>
>>8756109
Where do I buy nibs that have been certified to have not used child labor?

I'm trying to make a guaranteed child labor free chocolate, and I've been only able to buy whole beans from regions that are known to not use child labor.
>>
>>8756147
>Where do I buy nibs that have been certified to have not used child labor?
if you care about this you're a cuck. Just lie if you're marketing chocolate to nu-beta millenials.
>>
>>8756147
>Where do I buy nibs that have been certified to have not used child labor?

Why would you want to? Do you want poor families to have even less money? Or perhaps you want the children to be forced to work a more dangerous job?
>>
>>8756147
>regions that are known to not use child labor
You realize they just lie about this, right? Plenty of exposés on it.
>>
>>8756147
If children are working as labourers its because they live in a country where they have to work to live. If you take away their cocoa harvesting jobs some of them will resort to prostitution.
I hope you feel good about yourself you sick fuck.
>>
>>8756173
>8 year olds working 16 hours a day is okay because I made this story up in my mind that they'd be child prostitutes if they weren't working 16 hours a day
>>
Beans? The most precious the most expensive part of it is cacao butter, so usually it's already removed and sold before the beans are even harvested. The rest is dried and widely sold as cacao powder. And then we buy it and re-add the butter part as cream or condensed milk and such.
tldr you see whole beans in a decent not a fancy 2 table spoons package you buy gladly and without asking much
>>
>>8756299

What exactly do you think would make a child work if not utter financial desperation?

>>16 hours a day
speaking of making up stories in your mind....

Look, I realize it's easy to put on the blinders and think about the Evil McCorporation terrorizing the poor citizens and forcing children to work long hard jobs instead of going to an idyllic happy school & playing with their friends in a green meadow. The reality is that in many parts of the world there are people so desperately poor that they have no choice but to work to survive. Is is a bad thing that a child has to work? Absolutely. But it's better than the alternative.
>>
>>8756158
You realize, of course, it was the progressives that you, as a corporate cuck, label cucks, that got child labor laws passed in the US, right? If not for progressives, children would still be slaving in the US and Ann Coulter and Kellyanne Conway would be wearing aprons and cooking 3 meals a day for their husband and spawn.
>>
>>8756333

I think those child labor laws should be abolished.

If a child wants to work and is still attending school I see no problem with it whatsoever.

I clearly remember my own childhood. I wanted to make money to save up to buy a car starting when I was 13. Alas, I wasn't allowed to, even if my job had nothing to do with school hours.

I'm not sure what Ann Coulter and Kellanne Conway have to do with any of this though.
>>
>>8756310
>the most expensive part of it is cacao butter, so usually it's already removed and sold before the beans are even harvested
You're fucking clueless. Stop posting.
After being separated from the fruit flesh, fermented and dried, the beans are roasted and finely ground.
The resulting mash is referred to as cocoa liquor (not to be confused with liqueur), and is basically cocoa powder suspended in cocoa butter.
Those two are then separated from each other either by means of filtration or dutch process.

>>8756109
>don't really need any special tools besides molds
At the very least, you need something capable of grinding the beans into a fine paste.
Mortar and pestle might do for very small batches, and a food processor will simply overheat.
Muslin or other similar finely masked fabric should do for the butter extraction.
>>
>>8756349
>child wanted to work

It wasn't that, idiot. They were forced to work and since labor is a commodity, it kept wages down. Read some history. I started working dishwashing when I was 15 and lied about my age, but that's not the same thing.

>how do rightwing female shills have anything to do with it

Because they wouldn't exist without the forces of, "omfg progressivism," having opened the doors. History is your friend. Read it.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 290x174px
Wow this turned to cancer real fast
RESET
I have the same question as OP, because cocoa is good for you, but it turns out that somewhere during the process, chromium is introduced and raw cocoa has high levels of it, whereas NIBS do not.

So I was led to googling how to make chocolate, and I found out that the magic and art behind chocolate is in the emulsification, being able to mix in water and sweetener with the cocoa butter fat without ruining it, so there are machines that grind down to micron level or something and one costs like $600. I can find the link to the supply store but I have to look for it

I was gonna make a chocolate thread on here one day to ask how to make it and how beans and cocoa butter compare with cocoa liquer etc to see if I can make some chocolate and sell on Etsy or Craigslist or somewhere to pay off the machine and my future 100+ lbs of high flavonal chocolate

How much of that is correct and what am I missing on how to make chocolate? Am I understanding the emulsifying correctly?
>>
File: dsc_2155-edit.jpg (188KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_2155-edit.jpg
188KB, 1024x681px
>>8756864
You're right about the equipment. You need a melanger and must let it run a minimum of like 8-12 hours constant to get the ultra-smooth consistency of commercial chocolate if you aren't using additives. There are 200-300$ models on Amazon but I don't know how good they are.
http://chocolatealchemy.com/conching-and-refining/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.