[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tell friend I spend about 100 per month for groceries >about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1490067776001.jpg (75KB, 736x630px) Image search: [Google]
1490067776001.jpg
75KB, 736x630px
>tell friend I spend about 100 per month for groceries
>about three dollars a day
>he asks me if I only eat porridge

I don't get it.
>>
stupid people are bad with money

that's why they are poor
>>
>>8750097
Well, what DO you eat?
>>
>>8750265
Fish and stuff. What do you eat?
>>
Most people don't live off rice, vegetables and chicken, bought in bulk and frozen. Some people like to spend a little more on their food bill if they can afford it, for convenience or for the luxury of eating what they feel like eating that day.

I often wonder what business people like you even have on a food and cooking board.
>>
>>8750286
Sounds a bit on the plain side... are you eating enough vegetation?
>>
>>8750097
Pretty simple really. You can break down the cost per meal to a few dollars a day but you obviously aren't spending 3 dollars per shopping trip, you are spending anywhere from $20-50 on bulk purchases. Poor people, really poor people, can't afford to spend that much money on anything at once and scrounge up a few dollars when they can to buy a frozen dinner or bread and lunch meat, chips, and soda.
>>
File: peter-menzel1-fullym-1200x793_c.jpg (329KB, 1200x793px) Image search: [Google]
peter-menzel1-fullym-1200x793_c.jpg
329KB, 1200x793px
>>8750287
Not OP but that's rough man. It's not unlikely to assume a smart consumer could both have the luxury of eating what he wants and spend a sane amount of money on it.

If you look at most people carts you find mostly pre-made shit and a lot of junk. A smart cook would buy the ingrediants he need and maybe a few things for the house. Also, people like to buy brands and pay more because of it.
>>
>>8750305
Dunno. Probably not.
>>
>>8750312
>If you look at most people carts you find mostly pre-made shit and a lot of junk. A smart cook would buy the ingrediants he need and maybe a few things for the house. Also, people like to buy brands and pay more because of it.
So you can't imagine people spending more than $3 unless they're buying brand name products and TV dinners? You really can't be eating with much variety or flavour for that much.
>>
>>8750325
If you could tell me ways to store perishable items for long periods of time I'd probably go for it. There are months between my grocery visits. I could start buying canned peaches again.
>>
>>8750331
Don't catch me on specifics here since I don't really know what 3 bucks a day would mean since I'm not American. Just saying most people spend on groceries way more than they need.

Though now that I think about it 100 bucks a month does sound pretty basic.
>>
>>8750355
Tell me where you live and I'll tell you what $3 is. I guarantee it's a ridiculously small average if you live in a first world country.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.