[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't /ck/ like hard shelled tacos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: tacos.jpg (83KB, 614x409px) Image search: [Google]
tacos.jpg
83KB, 614x409px
Why doesn't /ck/ like hard shelled tacos?
>>
I do like hard shells though.
>>
>>8747193
It annoys me to no end trying to get all the ingredients in one bite. I usually end up taking 2 smaller bites, one with meat at the bottom and another with the lettuce/cheese etc. and chewing them together. With a soft taco you can wrap the top with tortilla and chomp down vertically to get a little bit of everything, but if you try to do that with a hard shell you'll fuck your teeth up

This wouldn't be such a conundrum if I didn't like the taste of hard shell tacos so much, too. So tasty... Yet so inconvenient.
>>
>cut pita in half
>put in toaster until crispy
>fill with taco junk
>enjoy fucking delicious crispy taco without spilling it all over yourself
>>
File: 8Zfebh1.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
8Zfebh1.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>8747243
>Pita
>Taco
pick one
>>
>>8747193
I have nothing against the idea of hard shell tacos. What I dislike is the form they usually appear in: ground beef topped with shitty yellow grated cheese, iceberg lettuce and some kind of "taco sauce". Nothing about that is compelling to me.
>>
>every time
>>
>>8747193
They're way better with a soft tortilla on the outside and a layer of refried beans between it and the hard shell.
>>
>>8747252
>pick one
You don't have to. Just order tacos arabes and you pretty much get both at the same time.
>>
File: Doritos-Locos-Copycat-Recipe[1].png (274KB, 518x465px) Image search: [Google]
Doritos-Locos-Copycat-Recipe[1].png
274KB, 518x465px
>>8747193
But I do.
>>
>>8747314
>today I went to a cooking board to share my lack of compulsion for fast food tacos

cook them yourself dumbass
they're one of the easiest fucking foods to make

but no, why do that when you can be lazy and stay stupid shit on the internet?
>>
>>8747367
If I'm making tacos myself I'll make soft tacos with my own tortillas. If I want crunchy corn tortillas I'll just have a tostada. To me hard shell tacos are more for fast food places and feeding fussy white children. I don't do much fast food and I don't have kids to feed so I have no use for them. Especially when tostadas exist.
>>
File: rockroll.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
rockroll.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>8747395
>tostadas
>literally the same thing except the tortilla isn't folded

Whatever compels your fussy pretentious little boat, anon.
>>
File: tacos.webm (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tacos.webm
3MB, 400x225px
hard tacos are a guerro heresy
>>
>>8747467
I guess that's kind of my point. In a world where tostadas exist there's no real purpose for hard shell tacos, except for having to learn one less foreign word when ordering them. It's as superfluous as a side of garlic bread with your spaghetti.
>>
We do, but there are a lot of fuckwits on here who attack the concept immediately.
>>
>>8747544
>>8747544
Every worthwhile board would be better off with servings of this sna/ck/ish delight
>>
>>8747193
>takes bite of hard shell taco
>whole half comes off
>get mouth stabbed by sharp edges
that's why, they're annoying to eat
>>
I love hard shelled tacos, the best part is mixing lettuce, taco stuffing and toppings into a salad on your plate afterwards with all the stuff that fell out of the tacos while eating them
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.