[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MSG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: MSG.jpg (960KB, 3096x4128px) Image search: [Google]
MSG.jpg
960KB, 3096x4128px
So I was at the produce stand the other day and saw this and picked it up for three bucks. So I am pretty familiar with it, but I would like to ask what have you all used it in and for. What does it meld with the best, how do I maximize my optimum flavor potential. To the max.
>>
>>8745999
It goes with everything.
>>
People will say its harmless and that the negative effects are blown out of proportion... however....

I was making my mom's (shitty) cheese-ball recipe once, which called for MSG("Accent"). It was my first time making it after moving out of my parents house, so I did what my mom always did and mashed and mixed it up with my bare hands. I was happily mashing it up, with my hands completely covered in MSG and cream cheese, when suddenly I was overcome with this crazy-intense-as-fuck horrible feeling. The only way I can describe it is that it was like having a panic-attack/stroke/heart attack. I just felt VERY VERY VERY wrong and was thinking I was going to drop dead any second. I literally ran to the sink to wash the shit off my hands, and after I did the feeling slowly faded away.

After that, I started to notice and realize that I get a very very faint similar uneasy/uncomfortable feeling every time I've eaten shitty Chinese food. And the more I payed attention and looked for it the more I realized the connection.

I avoid it as much as possible now, and I rarely get that feeling anymore.

If you don't get that feeling, then I envy you, enjoy your umami in good health.
>>
>>8745999
Cheap meat
>>
>>8746019
Good to know, I've never heard of anything like that happening, I will keep it in mind.
>>8746020
Heard that, I've got some old skirt steak that I need to use I was gonna grill up. I was just gonna throw it together in an omelette with some portobello and green onions. I think I will throw some of this msg in and see how it tastes.
>>
>>8745999
Anything that needs umami or more umami.
>>
>>8745999
Use it as salt that you only need 1/10th of the amount to get 25X the usual effect of.
Ignore anyone trying to scare you away from it, they bought into the meme hard enough to fuck their brains over.
>>
>>8746060
You're getting memed on.

>feels like he'll die because it was on his hands
>gets a faint feeling consuming food loaded with it
>>
>>8746019
>consuming the salt form of an amino acid does this
Kek no
>>
>>8746019
People also say that pigs don't fly... however...

I got off work one night last year, and as I was walking out to my truck, I felt a strange chill come over me. I looked up and in the sky above me was a big fat hog soaring above with scaled wings that glinted silver in the moonlight. It looked down, saw me, and landed in front of me, staring me down for a full minute before it said "oink oink, motherfucker" and launched itself away, leaving me shivering.

So there you have it, pigs really do fly. You all know it to be true because I shared my anecdotal evidence of it.
>>
>>8746153
So what did, Dr. Scientist?

>>8746220
Yeah, it was an anecdote of an event that happened in my life. That's a large part of what/how humans communicate with each other.

I'm sorry my life event upset you, and even though I foresaw someone like you coming along and I added that end bit about how it doesn't bother you then I envy you and your enjoyment... I guess that wasn't enough.
I had no way of knowing that MSG could possibly be so important to someone.
I don't think I can envy you for that, anon, I can only pity you.
>>
>>8746019
>>8746289
Sounds to me like you had a panic attack because the gooey textures and your phobia of MSG triggered your autism.
>>
>>8746019
nigga you probably did just have a panic/anxiety attack
>>
>>8746299
>the gooey textures
pfft
>your phobia of MSG
i didn't even know what MSG was at the time

>>8746305
from what? I've never actually had a panic/anxiety attack, but that's just the best way I can think of to describe it.
>>
>>8746318
Not sure actually. my dad has them sometimes, he takes xanax for it.

He started having them when he went to church, he stopped going regularly because of that since it happened twice there.
>>
MSG having negative effects is a myth. If any story is real it's just because they are highly suggestible people.
>>
>>8746019

maybe you should get your heart checked out. thats not normal.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.