[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a bunch of Tilapia fillets I want to cook. How should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: tilapia.jpg (45KB, 450x301px) Image search: [Google]
tilapia.jpg
45KB, 450x301px
I have a bunch of Tilapia fillets I want to cook.

How should I cook them /ck/?

My fish usually turns out okay pan frying it, but I just use salt, pepper, and some lemon while cooking to flavor it. Tilapia sort of tastes like nothing.
>>
>>8743496
get you some blackened seasoning
>>
make a ceviche
>>
>>8743496
Use butter, salt, pepper and lemon.
>>
>>8743666
>>8743672
>>8743683
Another question is when can I really tell if they are done? Sometimes I feel like I am overcooking the fillets (they get this ugly grey in the middle)
>>
>>8743496
I use tilapia for fish tacos. Pan fry, throw on some chili, cumin, garlic, salt pepper, etc. Then break fillets up right in pan. A few spoonfuls into a taco shell or tortilla wrap and lettuce, tomato, onion, hot sauce.

You're right they do taste like nothing on their own.
>>
Brown sugar and dijon mustard glaze.
>>
>>8743696
Try cooking one without breading. Put it in the pan, let it cook until the color changes about ~2/3 of the way up the fillet. Flip it, and cook for just a bit under half the time it took you to cook the first side. That's it. Congrats, you now have a base time for cooking your fillets.

If you're super paranoid, take a knife and cut it into the thickest part. It should be moist but the juice should not seep out. If it does, it needs a bit more.

Also, if you like any sort of breading, a 50/50 flour and corn meal mix goes well with tilapia. Heavily salt your breading, add pepper, and something like Old Bay. If you don't have that, try some cayenne and garlic powder. (Taste the breading before you dip the fish in it... it'll taste floury but you're also checking to see how well the salt and spices come through. If they seem weaker than the flour taste, add more until you're satisfied. That'll leave you with a well-seasoned breading when they're done cooking.

Cheers.
>>
>>8743738
Thanks senpai. Gonna try breading for the first time.
>>
Lemongrass and tumeric
>>
>>8743496
I made some good-ass fish latkes the other week. I think it was rock bass that my buddy caught, but basically white meat.

I made mashed potatoes, let them sit in the fridge, over-fried some fish (crispy, not burnt), then combined with some eggs, breadcrumbs, and others. Others would include things like onions, garlic, chives, paprika, whatever you think would taste good.

Then you just basically make balls, flatten, then fry in oil until they're golden brown on both sides.

Wa La!
>>
>>8743738
>Old Bay
I see I'm not the only Marylander here. I recommend it a lot to friends out of state and they never know what I'm talking about
>>
>>8744601
Old Bay?
>>
Throw it in the trash and set it on fire. Unless you're a nigger, then bread and fry them.
>>
>>8744629
The most amazing spice to come out of the Eastern United States
>>
File: 71xjTXSkt9L._SL1500_.jpg (116KB, 513x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71xjTXSkt9L._SL1500_.jpg
116KB, 513x1500px
>>8743496
Make fish katsu
>cut into small 3 inch squares
>flour
>drench into egg
>then panko breading
>throw into oil

Also bulldog sauce is great on it. Shits fucking bomb.
>>
File: 1490397390749.png (721KB, 830x987px) Image search: [Google]
1490397390749.png
721KB, 830x987px
>>8744636
holy fuck
>>
>>8744601
Baltimoron here
>>
>>8745096
I was born in harbor hospital.
We got to play outside all day and the only stipulation was go inside when you hear gunshots.
Lived in Baltimore all of 12 years and that was the only drawback besides all the niggers.
>>
>>8745096
>>8745110
I'm from the Eastern Shore, it was pretty comfy
Plenty of space to run around and whatnot and my dad had friends who liked to hunt so we got plenty of free deer meat
>>
>>8743696

Ceviche is easy and you can't really overcook it.

Blackening just needs a good sear, get the pan extra hot and leave the filet a little cooler and lay it down on it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.