[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

~just a little survey thread~ Do you track your calories ? (y/n)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Daddy.jpg (49KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
Daddy.jpg
49KB, 600x452px
~just a little survey thread~

Do you track your calories ? (y/n)
Why ?
How do you track meals that you cooked on your own ?
>>
>track cal?
Yes
>why?
It's unavoidable. I read the nutritional info and my brain does the math all on its own out of habit
>how do you track meals you cooked?
By knowing what the ingredients contain, obviously
>>
>>8740991
Yeah but is it alway so easy. When you cook a big bowl of chilli with a heck of a lot of ingredients and you eat 2 Plates of it.

How the fuck do you know that you ate 674,2 calories ?
>>
Yes I track calories because of I don't I might overeat. I measure everything out, add the calories together, and divide it by the number of servings the item makes.
>>
>>8740996
Why the heck would you need to? I just eat what I cook, very rarely any leftovers. Your body doesn't need fine tuning, 1 calorie doesn't matter
>>
>>8741002
Yeah ok youre right. But that dont work for me. I always cook some more for my family or i eat it the next day. Right now i always weigh all the ingredients add the calories together and calculate how many calories 100g have.
>>
(-/no)
To lazy, probably also the eason im getting a little chubby lately.
>>
>>8741027
Thats nothing you cant correct ;-)
>>
no

I don't care
>>
No
Because I can't be arsed
I don't
>>
No, but I'm overweight and have decided to hold back on as much sugar and carbs as I can for a while. I need to lose about 20kg.

Not an excuse but I also have a fucked knee (from sport, not from being a lazy fat fuck) and I need to have surgery on it first before I can properly excercise again. Doctors orders. If I excercise now I'll fuck it up even more and be in severe pain.

I'm not American btw, so in about 6 weeks time I'll be getting that surgery done with no bill to pay when I'm discharged from the hospital. Then I face 6 to 8 weeks of being on crutchers which sucks but I'll be back out walking as soon as I can.
>>
>>8741054
I hope you get well soon.
>>
>>8741054
You could always exercise your upper body and core, more muscle mass helps fat burning
>>
>>8741103
Yeah you are right, and thanks for reminding me. I don't have a gym membership but I'll start doing as much free weights as I can at home, at least it's a start.

>>8741064
Thanks pham
>>
>>8740987
>Do you track your calories ? (y/n)
No, because I have common sense and self control.

>How do you track meals that you cooked on your own ?
Don't know why you would want to do this, but I guess GPS tags would work.
>>
>>8741114
Charles Bronson's Solitary Fitness has some great tips on exercising with no access to any exercising devices
>>
>>8741117
Ta, I will google it now. Appreciate it.
>>
N
>Why ?
Because I'd rather work to just eat healthy, eliminating empty calories rather than tracking calories overall.
>>
>>8740987
I track my calories for 3-6 days a month, usually when I feel the need to reign it in, or reestablish my eating patterns.
Doing it every day is fairly annoying.
>>
>>8740996
When I cook things I measure the ingredients as I put them in (except bullshit like pepper or chili powder-- herbs and spices I don't count generally) and then calculate calories based on what fraction of the entire pot I ate.
>>
>>8740987
Yeah, gained weight after doing a semester all online. I just ballpark when I eat cooked meals, pretty good at eyeballing portions and then I just look up how many calories are in whatever I made.
>>
Yes, I count my calories.

I count because I want to reduce my red meat intake and my meat intake in general, eat more vegetables, and lose some weight without starving myself. I think I have the beginnings of an eating disorder (anorexia most probably) but I know if I count I can see that I'm not eating enough rather than just going by what my head tells me, which isn't to be trusted.
I track the calories for the meals I cook myself by counting for each component, for example if I make some chilli I count the can of tomatoes, beans, onions etc then divide by how many portions there are. I take the counting with a pinch of salt (heh) as I'm not brilliant at math and a lot of it is guestimation (on weight and quantity).

I use an app to calorie count mostly, fuck doing it all by hand. The one I use is called FatSecret, its free to use and pretty simple, even tells you how much of your diet is from carbs and fat and fiber etc. Really useful.
>>
>>8740987
Y
Very roughly in my head. If i feel I've had to many i stop eating. Don't have a disorder or anything, been able to maintain my weight by 'feeling' how many calories I've had. I see a colour associated with each item of food, and that helps me gauge how much.
>>
File: thinpersoninsideme.jpg (80KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
thinpersoninsideme.jpg
80KB, 1000x750px
>>8740987
y
>Why ?
Because I started when I was right on the edge of obese, and thanks to counting them, now I'm not. but I want to keep counting them until I'm skinny. After having fun being skinny for a while (for the first time since I was 5 yrs old, thanks mom for all the fast food and chips), I plan on joining a gym.. then I'll probably still need to count calories so I can be sure I'm getting enough to build muscle
With a scale and basic math. The only difficult thing is figuring out how many calories are in certain vegetables. Most of them don't even have nutrition info on them, and you can find like 20 different calorie amounts for them online. But I usually just pick the one that seems the most reasonable and round it up to the nearest 10 to be safe.
>>
>>8740987
nope, I just stopped drinking soda and realised that quitting snacks makes your meals feel tastier
>>
File: P1110438cropres.jpg (237KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
P1110438cropres.jpg
237KB, 1000x750px
>Do you track your calories ?

Yes

>Why ?

I was raised to eat a lot and not be sedentary.

That's not very practical anymore.

If I don't track, I will eat a lot. Just like I do every Saturday when I give myself a break.

By tracking ingredients, inventing recipes, etc.

Calorie king has most raw vegetables, fruits, cooking oils, and ingredients listed.

USDA food list has a database for raw meats of various cuts.
>>
No. I've never been an over-eater, so I find it's enough to be vaguely aware of how calorific things are and how much I'm eating.
>>
>>8740987
Yes
>Why ?
I'm fat
I weigh all ingredients and keep a log
>>
>>8740987
Do you track your calories ? (y/n)
no
Why ?
I'm not fat, also I don't have a wendy's nutrition info sheet
How do you track meals that you cooked on your own ?
I dont cook

someone please fucking end me.
>>
>>8740987
>Do you track your calories ?
Yes, using a phone app.

>Why
To lose weight.

By weighing everything, obviously. Eating out I estimate with a high kcal count just to be "safe".
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.