[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the quickest/safest/best way to defrost frozen meats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

What is the quickest/safest/best way to defrost frozen meats?
>>
Put meat in plastic bag. Take stock pot and fill it with cool water. Place bag in pot.
>>
>>8739493
Cool water specifically? Any specific reason for that?

What happens if you just submerge the meat without the bag?
>>
>>8739505
The meat will soak up the water and lose flavor if you don't put it in a bag
>>
>>8739589
Thanks.
>>
>>8739493
This anon is correct. For even faster defrost, leave it under gently running water. Gotta keep the water moving and it defrosts very fast.
>>
/thread
>>
>>8739505
you use cold water to keep it at a safe temp that bacteria wont grow
>>
>>8739488
put them in your anal cavity and let it defrost for around 10-15 minutes.
make sure to collect the drippings for your broth
>>
>>8739666
Fuck that. I put it in warm water and cook it right away. Ain't gonna matter for shit.
>>
>>8739493
This is the fastest way. Usually takes an hour to an hour and a half to defrost meat this way.
>>
>>8739676
Warm water can make the outside of the meat tough and more leathery (particularly with chicken) because the hotness starts to gently cook the outer layers while the frozen centre remains cold.
>>
>>8739615
came to post this
it creates a convection current in the water that greatly wicks away the cold
takes about 15-20 min to thaw almost anything that isn't an entire animal
>>
My grandmothers got this silver plate she uses that she insists is the fastest way to defrost meat. It seems to work pretty well. When I say silver I mean it's silver in color not that's it's made of silver. I don't know what it's made of.

I don't usually let things defrost in the fridge because it takes days and I don't usually plan that far ahead. Usually I pull it out the morning of and either leave it on the counter or in a sink full of cold water.
>>
>>8739671
dont do it too long or you'll begin to cook the outside. The rectal cavity acts as a dutch oven
>>
>>8739772
>running the water for 15-20 minutes just to defrost meat

fuck off, waster
>>
>>8739790

This

Part of the reason I'm vegan. Meat eaters are wasteful
>>
>>8739790
It only has to be a gentle trickle, it's not like the tap is on full blast.
>>
>>8739790
>water down the drain is obliterated

It's not "wasted", dude, it goes back into the water cycle. What do you think happens when you pour water out?
>>
>>8739488
Don't be a pussy. Letting it out on your back porch cover/sealed while checking every hour or so won't kill you. Alternatively just put it in your fridge and give it a couple days.
>>
>>8739488
Leave them in a garbage bag outside your door in the sun for 9-10 hours a day. That's what we did in Vietnam.
>>
>>8739903
No one asked and no one cares
>>
>>8739615
just soak it don't waste water
>>
>>8739903
Oh, what do you do with the water you use to rinse vegetables, drink it? Fuck off vegan hypocrite.
>>
What the fuck am i reading.

If your piece isn't a whole bird just drop the meat in a sealed plastic bag and pop it in a pot with warm water (approx 140 degrees) and let it rest in it for 10 than 20 minutes depending on the cut or the meat itself. Don't go above 45 minutes.

It's FDA tested. It's safe.
>>
>>8739488
don't eat anything that's been frozen, it completely butchers the taste and nutritional value
>>
>>8739488
Get a big pot and fill it with boiling water, get a large bowl that will fit inside the pot and fill it with the frozen meat and cool/cold water. Float the bowl with the meat on the boiled water in the pot. Wait around 20-30 minutes for the meat to defrost. The temperate of the water in the bowl should be lukewarm to warm but the meat should be defrosted without semi-cooking it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.