[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sugary Drinks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 8

File: sugary drinks.jpg (65KB, 776x470px) Image search: [Google]
sugary drinks.jpg
65KB, 776x470px
Do you think sugary drinks should be banned?

I do. They're seriously fucking bad for you - they cause diabetes, and they rot your teeth.

If I ever drink a fizzy drink (which is rare anyway), I always go for sugar free stuff. It tastes BETTER, in my opinion, and it DOESN'T give you diabetes, or rot your teeth.

Do you agree that sugary drinks should be banned?
>>
>>8737929
>banned
Are you such a fatass you need people to ban coke in order for you to stop drinking it?

>diabetes
don't drink 2 liters of the sugar jew every day

>rotten teeth
brush your teeth faggot
>>
>>8737929
Kill yourself retard
>>
>>8737929
>Do you think sugary drinks should be banned?

Nope. I agree they're unhealthy, but bans are ineffective and generate more problems than they solve.
>>
Haven't had a cherry coke in a long time. I think I enjoyed cherry pepsi more...
>>
Diet sodas rot your teeth as well thanks to their acidity.
>>
>>8738019
then we should legalise all drugs like heroin, cocaine, etc. as well.
>>
>>8738003
>Are you such a fatass you need people to ban coke in order for you to stop drinking it?
Why do they even exist? You can get the same flavour (or better, even) with sweeteners. So why not just have those? There is no reason for sugary drinks to even exist.

>>8738018
Not an argument.

>>8738019
>bans are ineffective and generate more problems than they solve.
We're not talking about alcohol or drugs.

Do you really think illegal bootlegging businesses are going to spring up to service people's full-sugar coke addiction? I don't. I think people will just get used to Coke Zero because it literally tastes exactly the same but doesn't rot your teeth and give you diabetes.
>>
>>8738034
No one's arguing with you. You're a disgusting retard.
>>
>>8738034
>You can get the same flavour (or better, even) with sweeteners.
Wow, hot opinion. So glad that this opinion is objectively correct and applies to everyone. You just single-handedly solved the fatty epidemic. You're so fucking cool.

Shove your sweeteners up your fucking ass. I'll die before I consume that literal cancer.
>>
File: 1479097019997.jpg (21KB, 285x288px) Image search: [Google]
1479097019997.jpg
21KB, 285x288px
>>8738031
>narcotics are comparable with sugar drinks
wew, you're a special kind of retarded
>>
>>8737929
I think sugar should be banned in general, as well as fat, since it too is bad for you in large quantities.
for real though, I almost never drink sodas, but if you really think they should be banned you have the worst case of soccer mom mentality I've ever seen
also when I do drink soda (once in a few months) I always go for sugar. aspartame is disgusting and doesn't give you a sugar rush, which is one of the main reasons to drink soda anyway
>>
>>8738054
>sugar rush
>>
>>8738034
>>8737929
the american soda industry tried to switch to sweeteners already since they're much cheaper, but big surprise - they taste awful so they started marketing them as diet instead
>>
Sugary drinks do not cause diabetes.

Sage for American idiocy.
>>
>>8738031
>then we should legalise all drugs like heroin, cocaine, etc. as well.

I agree. We're pissing away a massive amount of money trying to crack down on the problem and despite that it's still going strong. At least a legal drub market will offer products of known purity. Most drug-related deaths occur because the user has no idea as to the potency of black market drugs.
>>
>>8738031
Yes, that is correct
>>
>>8738058
every few months when I'm tired, feel bad and am somewhere where I can't get decent coffee I get a coke. caffeine + sugar instantly stimulates you and gives you an endorphin rush.
It is the retard's fault that he drinks coke every day, doesn't mean all of us have to suffer for is stupidity
>>
>>8738034
>Do you really think illegal bootlegging businesses are going to spring up to service people's full-sugar coke addiction?

Of course.
And more to the point, people will simply make the drinks they want themselves.

I don't drink much soda now, but I did years past. If someone told me that I couldn't buy my mountain dew the first thing that pops into my mind is: no big deal, I'll just make an equivalent.
>>
>>8737929
no
learn self control you hamplanet
>>
>>8738075
>>8738079
>bending over for cartels and the shithole 3rd world country that borders us
>>
>>8738087
Or you know, legal production?
I live in the Netherlands and get psychedelics from the fucking corner store.
>>
>>8738087

If drugs were legalized then the cartels would be out of business overnight. Those businesses thrive *because* of the black market.

Did you ever study prohibition in the US? Back then the fact that alcohol was illegal gave birth to a massive amount of organized crime and machine-gun toting gangsters focusing on the illegal booze market. When alcohol was legalized again all that disappeared.

Suppose I wanted to buy some cocaine (or whatever) if drugs were legalized. Why would I buy from some shady cartel-affiliated crook in a back alley when instead I could buy a product of known purity from a proper store?
>>
>>8738082
>caffeine

is the only stimulant in soda. definitely not sugar.

sugar provides short-lived energy because it provides a really quick source of glucose to the brain, but it's not enough to give you a "rush" of any kind.

you don't get "sugar rush" from eating fruits, or cakes, or candy. the rush from soda only comes from caffeine.

it's a myth perpetuated by housewives so that their kids wouldn't eat shit all the time.
>>
>>8738087
more like destroying the cartels by making drug production legal, meaning it no longer has to be sold by organised crime groups
>>
>>8738087
If anything legalised production and distribution would be more effective in dissolving cartel business than the current system.
>>
>>8738094
Your also an irrelevant literal meme county
>>
>>8738034

I like having a soda w/ dinner from time to time. Some sodas taste really good and are refreshing and a nice change from water.

What's your problem exactly faggot?
>>
>>8738102
sugar gives you literal energy as in quickly usable calories and makes you feel better when you're tired. if that's not a rush then I don't know what is
>>
>>8738108
Stay in school kiddo, you need the writing lessons.
>>
>>8738113
>dude weed lmao
>dude bicycling everywhere lmao
>dude tulips lmao
You have a population of 300 million less people than the US and are a homogenous European culture, regulations on drugs between the two countries are incomparable
>>
>>8738127
Fuck weed, I live in the south where cycling fucking kills you because we have mountains, and there are no tulips here. Also every province is different, we don't have a homogenous culture. The southeast is literally annexed Germany. Some people can't even speak Dutch.
>>
>>8738039
Not an argument

>>8738045
Of course it is. People who drink sugary drinks are fucking dumbasses

>I'll die before I consume that literal cancer.
Good - we don't need idiots like you in the gene pool. Good riddance.

>>8738054
Of course I think they should be banned. There's no reason for them to exist.

>aspartame is disgusting
In what way?

>sugar rush, which is one of the main reasons to drink soda
Getting a blood-sugar spike which will give you diabetes is the reason to drink fizzy drinks? So basically you just want diabetes?

>>8738066
>they taste awful
They actually taste much better - Pepsi Max tastes a billion times better than regular Pepsi.

And Coke Zero tastes a billion times better than regular Coke.

>>8738067
Yes they do, they're the primary cause. And I'm British.

>>8738082
Are you talking about me (OP)? You clearly didn't read the part where I said "if I ever drink a fizzy drink (which is rare anyway)", did you?

Please read my OP before replying to my thread. Thanks.
>>
>>8738099
>>8738104
>>8738105
>dissolving the cartel
Mexico is the cartel. They'll find ways to make their product sellable. State regulated weed means no home growing, much like tobacco. So they'll be able to shift untaxed weed instead, for less profit, but it will still be around.
>>
File: 1482343188081.jpg (42KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
1482343188081.jpg
42KB, 600x482px
>>8738148
>says not an argument
>fills a post with opinions claiming to be fact
you're not too clever, are you?
>>
>>8738112
go eat 3 snickers and tell me you feel better. thats about the same amount of sugar.
>>
>>8738148
>Pepsi Max tastes a billion times better than regular Pepsi.
you know you're in a very small minority on this?
>>8738149
so mexico gets less money, criminals get less money, the US goverment gets quite a bit of money from taxing the stuff and people get a better, safer product with proper instructions on how to use it. still don't see the downsides.
>>
>>8738083
>Of course
Then you're deluded. Hahahaha. Can't believe how fucking stupid you are

They'll just buy a Coke Zero because it tastes exactly the same - or, in my opinion, better

>>8738086
Nah I'll keep supporting a ban pham

>>8738109
You, you're my problem, so I will support a ban because people like you are too stupid to make decisions that are in your own interest
>>
>>8738167
I'm saying theres probably a better solution for these traitorous brown people. Probably an invasion.
>>
>>8738163
I do indeed sometimes eat a snack bar of some type when I'm tired, and it almost always helps, especially the chunky musli ones with nuts and shiet
I still prefer coke since it has caffeine and it's doesn't taste as sweet thanks to the acidity (fritz kola is better though)
>>
Everyone in this thread is feeding a troll so obvious you have to be a fucking brainless comatic not to see it. Fuck every last one of you.

Stop

Feeding

Trolls
>>
>>8738156
I gave facts, sorry that they're facts you don't like. :^)
>>
>>8737929
>DOESN'T give you diabetes, or rot your teeth
there is some limited evidence that sweet tasting no calorie drinks cause a spike in insulin which can contribute to insulin resistance and eventually, diabetes. These beverages also contain acids, which rots your teeth

and banning things is stupid, just tax it more
>>
File: 1464400854121.jpg (59KB, 800x734px) Image search: [Google]
1464400854121.jpg
59KB, 800x734px
>>8738179
wew I got trolled
>>8738178
fuck you
>>
>>8738167
>>Pepsi Max tastes a billion times better than regular Pepsi.
>you know you're in a very small minority on this?

Source: your arse. Sugary drinks taste disgusting because they are far too sugary. It feels like you're drinking a heart attack.

Even sugar-free fizzy drinks aren't the best for you - they're still acidic. But they're a damn sight better for you than sugary ones, and they taste just as good if not better.

Sorry mate.
>>
>>8738149

A lot of cartel "business" already switched to things that have nothing whatsoever to do with drugs, like industrial raw materials, metals, etc.
>>
>>8738178
>comatic
A perfectly cromulent word
>>
>>8738176
i think it must be placebo. or it just isn't something that affects me. i'm willing to believe you are right, anon
>>
>>8738187
not all sugary drinks are far too sugary though
besides, drinks with sweeteners are just as sweet
>>
>>8738208
>not all sugary drinks are far too sugary though
Have a look at the OP again - they're ridiculously sugary.

>besides, drinks with sweeteners are just as sweet
But it isn't sugar though, so you don't get diabetes or a mouthful of cavities.
>>
>>8738239
>Have a look at the OP again

I checked it again. It shows five different beverages. There are tens of thousands of different "sugary drinks" that don't appear in the OP photo.
>>
>>8738239
coke =/= all drinks
home-made lemonade is a sugary drink too by definition, even if you only add a bit of sugar
>>
File: sugary drinks 2.jpg (90KB, 761x586px) Image search: [Google]
sugary drinks 2.jpg
90KB, 761x586px
>>8738245
Most of them are just as sugary

>>8738249
Homemade lemonade should be banned too then
>>
File: banana-nut-protein-bars-3[1].jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
banana-nut-protein-bars-3[1].jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Flavour is a meme. All food should be banned and replaced with carefully rationed government issued flavourless carbohydrate/protein blocks. All bathrooms should be mandatorily fitted with sensors to carefully measure each individual's nutrient levels so their dietary requirements can automatically be catered to by adjusting the levels in their nutrient block rations. This would also eliminate the need for any beverages other than plain water, as all daily required nutrients would be found within the rationed food blocks. The total elimination of alcohol could only lead to a more productive society. The added benefit of the nutrient block scheme is the elimination of cruel animal slaughter farms and the environmental benefit of reduction of co2 and methane emissions. The convenience of these nutrient blocks would also allow people to eat at their desks without creating health hazards and ensuring longer hours of productivity.

All in all, a much more strictly regulated and controlled food source is needed to reach maximum efficiency and productivity in society.
>>
>>8738311
I unironically have this opinion.
>>
>>8738067
Reported for announcing sage
>>
>>8738327
why the fuck are you on a cooking board nigga
>>
>>8738333
>>8738311
>hurr durr I want to enjoy life less so I can please my capitalist overlords better
>>
>>8738351
FUCK YOU
>>
>>8738351
>mandatory government issued flavourless nutrient blocks
>capitalist
???
>>
>>8737929
No. I don't even think heroin should be banned
>>
>>8738075
This is honestly the only reasonable option. The government should have no say in what its citizens can and can't put in their bodies. The way things are now is downright facist.
>>
>>8738381
I agree but please don't use fascist like this. it's already lost all it's meaning and become the liberal version of "cuck" anyway
>>
>>8737929
Aspartame is arguably worse since it still triggers an insulin response even though there isn't any actual sugar in the drink.
>>
>>8738395

I'm with you about words being misused and their meaning lost, but how does that apply here? It seems to me that Anon used the term "fascist" accurately in this context.
>>
>>8738432
some kind of goverment substance control has been a thing in almost every political system thus far, so it's not at all characteristic of fashism
>>
>>8738148
I see that you believe sugar substitutes taste better than sugar and are healthier than sugar.

So, in your opinion, why do so many people prefer the sugary drink to the sugar free one? Following your arguments, it seems like people will naturally choose the sugar free ones and then the sugar ones just will go out of business.
>>
>>8738449
Not that guy, but one reason is that sugar has been shown to be more chemically addicting than heroin.

It's just overdosing on sugar doesn't cause you to suffocate with your own vomit, so nobody seems to care.
>>
i love seltzer, i think everyone should try it. would be much easier to stay away from soda if oyu have a seltzer substitute
>>
>>8738334
Reinstalled clover, it was on top.
>>
>>8738460

You mean psychologically addictive.

There are no physical withdrawal symptoms if someone stops consuming sugar. There certainly are for heroin.
>>
>>8738460
>Not that guy, but one reason is that sugar has been shown to be more chemically addicting than heroin
This is a total meme study that has no basis but gets repeated everywhere. Its like saying water is more dangerous than fire based on someone dropping boiling coffee on people
>>
Why are the fattest people always most concerned about sugar and least concerned about fat? Why is it that fatties create all these stupid fucking images of sugar cubes next to other food items? Why is it that they never stopped to make an image of a cube of butter next to various high-fat food items? Really made me think
>>
>>8738500
My mom always cuts the fat from shit and she's really fat, avoids high fat things in general
>>
>>8738500
>Why are the fattest people always most concerned about sugar and least concerned about fat?

Probably because sugar is more likely to make you fat than fat is.

>>Why is it that they never stopped to make an image of a cube of butter next to various high-fat food items?

First off, that has been done many times. I've seen several pictures showing various foods with glass measuring cups of oil sitting out front to illustrate their fat content.

Second, most people already know that fatty foods are high in calories. Fat has been the fad diet demon since the 70's. There's not much reason to talk about it because everyone already knows it. OTOH, not as many people realize how much sugar is in their daily liquid candy drink.

Just wait for the gluten photos next; that's our current fad to blame weight and health problems on.
>>
>>8737929
>DOESN'T give you diabetes, or rot your teeth.

Well, actually, the phosphoric acid in these drinks (which makes them "tart") destroys your tooth enamel.

And current medical thinking is that because the sweetener molecules trick your body into thinking that you are getting sugar, AND because of the effects of the sweeteners on gut bacteria, they actually do cause diabetes.
>>
>>8738531
>not as many people realize how much sugar is in their daily liquid candy drink.
Literally no one is surprised by the sugarcube analogy shit.
>>
>>8738513
What is actually happening is that both you and your mom are incapable of identifying fat in food and properly reading and understanding food labels. I've had enough dumbasses tell me that donuts and chocolate are "high-carb" to know that fatties have no clue about even the basics of nutrition. People who "avoid high fat things" do not even have food in the house that you could cut fat away from. That's one way I know your mom is another obese person on a high-fat diet that they're not even aware of. Actually count the fat and you'll end up with around 100 grams or so per day which is a gigantic amount for a woman
>>
>>8738540
I know the macros of anything I eat. I'm not fat. I also know that what my mom eats is pretty low on fat, she's just fat because of too many calories. You are just as bad as sugar fear mongerers if you do the same for fat
>>
>>8738148
Oh look, an autistic reply!
>>
>>8737929
yes. If sugary drinks were banned the amount of obese people would plummet. I eat bacon, cook using fat and lard, yet still maintain a healthy weight because I don't drink sugary shit.
>>
>>8737929
Banned? No. Regulated a little more? Yes.

But, I also think that, like smokers, people of a certain obesity level should have to pay higher premiums/fees for insurance (the logic being exactly the same as why smokers pay more: they're overall less healthy).
>>
can't I kill myself in peace

>all 4chan tells you is kys faggot
>doesn't want people to ever kill themselves in practice MUH DEGEEENERERRAACCYYYY

Why don't you retarded authoritarians have any sort of consistency about your bullshit? Do you want the subhumans to purge themselves or not?
>>
No, because you can just not drink them. It's that easy.
No, you are not addicted, there are no physical ramifications for stopping your drinking of them full stop. I did it myself when my doctor said I was pre-diabetic. I went from drinking 400g sugar a day with soda, to 0 because I moved to water. Now I have a soda every now and then when I go out to dinner to some chain place with the family.

Banning them would just mean that "specialty" stores start selling them, and they become a commodity and the price goes up.

Juices are the same shit too, banning just "fizzy drinks" means nothing. You'd have to ban literally every drink besides water.
>>
>>8738149
Retard
>>
>>8738713
no u
>>
>>8738707
they can kill themselves on their own dollar. Run up health insurance prices for fatties. Deny medicaid to fatties.
>>
We need more common drinks with less sugar. How about a 10g sugar gatorade.
>>
>>8738740
It's difficult to make because the drink is actually pretty bitter without all the sweeteners added. Try something like a lacroix. They're basically just carbonated mineral water, with light flavoring added. Expensive as fuck though.
>>
>>8738713
>the mexican govt ran programs to help the working class cross the border
>the mexican governor climbed over the wall to show the people that its still easy to get into the US
>>
>not drinking .9% saline with lemon juice and pepper
Are you even trying, plebsicles?
>>
>>8737929
I don't think the government has any right to tell me i can't eat or drink something. I'm not a good damn retard who needs a babysitter constantly making decisions for me; they can run the country, I'll run my life.
>>
>>8737929
I agree anon I think we are finally at the point where sugar free soda and sugared soda taste almost indistinguishable from one another, that was the last thing holding me back.

I dont know if it should be banned, but I think a six pack of soda for example should cost roughly $25 from taxation.
>>
>>8737929
>sugary drinks rot your teeth
That's the phosphoric acid.

Also fluoride has long been known to rot and damage your teeth and the ADA admits it doesn't do shit. I fell for the meme and have lost 25% of my teeth while religiously brushing with fluoride toothpaste for 23 years.
As soon as I stopped using it, my teeth stopped rotting, no joke.

Sugar is needed for normal brain function, abdicating it is suicide. You're thinking of phosphorus, which should actually be banned as a food additive.
>>
>>8738928
You're not, but a lot of people really fucking are. Keep in mind the prosperity gospel and crystal healing are huge in the US. For the sake of public wellness we may have to accept that some portion of the population, be it 25% or 75%, is incapable of making informed choices for themselves.
>>
>>8738978
let them learn the hard way, stop dabbling in people's lives hiding under the guise of concern.
>>
>>8737929
Tbqhwyfam it should be everyone's own choice whether they wanna ruin their health with soda, just like with cigarettes
>>
>>17381295
>>
Are you degenerates actually arguing over soda? I thought this was a cooking board.
>>
>>8737929
>Do you think sugary drinks should be banned?
yes, control diets. its one thing to ban common foods but corporate shit like soda should be regulated. its capitalist trickery and lemmings are too stupid to do better.

im pro fascism btw
>>
>>8737929
No, Trump shouldn't be able to ban things just because they are bad for you
>>
Who's gonna do the banning? What about people who may need a quick, delivioud boost of sugar because of diabetes? Should the government ban things that are okay in moderation? Do you need a nanny government to hold your hand and spank you when you drink a soda? If you think banning an addictive and slightly/sort of harmful substance is a good idea, let me tell you about something called the prohibition. Alcohol is multitudes more harmful than soda, and the entire country went underground and built a criminal enterprise around it when it was banned.
>>
>>8739074
so your a faggot g2no
>>
No, for the same reasons alcohol and tobacco shouldn't be banned. If you want to do stuff that's bad for you, you have that right.
>>
Someone redpill me on aspartame. Have there been any credible studies that prove they are just as bad for you, or is it just industry shills trying to maintain control?
>>
>>8738054
>I think sugar should be banned in general, as well as fat, since it too is bad for you in large quantities.

Well if you are going down that road I suppose we should ban alcohol, guns, fast cars and loose women. Come on, moderation is the key. Too much of anything can be bad for you.
>>
>>8737929
>lets make things i dont like illegal
>>
File: 1487782463350.jpg (13KB, 287x252px) Image search: [Google]
1487782463350.jpg
13KB, 287x252px
>Hur dur make sugar illegal
>Dur if you want coke and cigarettes to be legal then so should meth hur
Lets just fucking legalize everything then. Murder, theft, krokodil, prostitution, whatever.
>>
>>8738034
You know that soda contains acids wich are bad for your teeth regardless of the amount of sugar right?
>>
>I do
Congratulations
Go live in a containment zone like California or Europe.
>>
>>8740782
No, no, you've got it all backwards.
We need to ban everything.
Bread is mostly unprocessable carbs, gotta ban that.
Butter is a no go, that hurts your cholesterol.
Can't have sugar so fruits are out
Excessive consumption of vegetables can cause vitamin toxicity, so we need to reign that in and ban them.
Anything that isn't pure nutrition paste should not be tolerated.
>>
>>8737929
How about you keep your commie nose out of other people business?
>>
>>8738031
Actually, Spain had a decrease in drug usage and drug-related problems after decriminalisation.

So yes, decriminalisation might be a good idea in some cases. It worked with alcohol in our country, at least.
>>
>>8738108
>irrelevant
If it wasnt for the bermuda islands we would have called new york new amsterdam
>>
Wew lads nice bait
>>
>>8738108
Found the roach
>>
>>8737929
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.