[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm seriously worried...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: fathersandsons.jpg (55KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
fathersandsons.jpg
55KB, 600x573px
My parents are in shit health because they have a shitty diet. How can I convince them to start eating better? My grandparents aren't in great shape either but they're fucking old. They already lost my uncle due to food related health issues and I'm starting to worry that my mom is next.

What can I do to show them a better way?
>>
>go to local pharmacy
>buy a bunch of caffeine tablets
>mix it in one of their drinks when they aren't looking
>their heart will beat and palpitate like crazy and simulate a heart attack without actually giving them a heart attack
>be with them until the caffeine in the body wears off
>they now eat right and exercise to avoid another "heart attack"

voila
>>
>>8735241
Make sure they're leaving you everything
>>
>>8735258
Not a terrible idea.

>>8735262
I have a sister. I've never been very good at sharing.
>>
>>8735241
They're gonna' have to want a better life for themselves. You can't convince them of anything.
>>
Its not like trying to get them healthy will make them love you anon
>>
>>8735258
Caffeine tablets taste like literal asshole. They will know something's up immediately and kick you out of the basement for trying to poison them
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>8735258
Do this but use these instead.
Guaranteed to change their perspective on life.

I can't forget the first time I made this mistake. Pills are seriously fucking potent the first package you buy. Nightmarishly potent.
If you want to simulate a heart attack, this is the best option on earth.

They're $2 at every gas station ever.
>>
>>8735271
This. My mom went most of her life being severely overweight, even having her first heart attack in her early 30's. Type 2 diabetes, the works. She ended up having gastric bypass to give herself a push and made a massive turn around for a few years. Ate right, exercised, vitamins, lost a massive amount of weight.

Then she got depressed and started to not give a fuck again - starting smoking, drinking, and generally not taking care of herself at all. Still working on trying to get her back in the right state of mind again. Point of it all is, if you really care, and are really concerned, you have to have a genuine talk with them about what it would mean to you to see them in better health, and you genuinely care and would be willing to help.
>>
>>8735313
were you trying to lose weight?
>>
>>8735241
leave them alone
>>
>>8735560
I wanted a buzz. When it kicked in I was shaking so hard that I went downstairs and emptied a can of peas into a bowl and started trying to eat it before accidentally flinging a spoonful across the kitchen at my cat.
That shit is no joke the first couple pills.
>>
>>8735241
Anon, two things you can do right now, being a good example.

1) ask for ice water with all meals, nothing sugary. Or switch all soda to diet.
2) ask for a tossed salad before meals or a simple cup of soup course. It slows you down, adds some fiber and healthfulness. Relax if it is done really fatty with excessive dressing. It prevents 2nds after dinner and other gorging. It'll signal to that brain that 20 minutes of eating has passed and you might overall start to eat less.

Some phenomenon happens when you go on a diet...people around you are suddenly threatened and already feel deprived and they eat more to plan for the apocalypse ahead. Don't preach or go overboard here. You might encourage a walk after dinner though. Spritz on the bug repellent and all walk the dog together, or some other activity. Maybe do this prior to dessert.
>>
File: 1361738986016.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1361738986016.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>8735296

HAhahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha!

HA! HaHaHa!! HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>8735323
>Have to have a genuine talk with them about what it would mean to you to see them in better health, and you genuinely care and would be willing to help.

This. That being said, you can't force them to change anything. But genuine concern and a willingness to help along the way is probably the most likely way you're going to be able to get them to change.
>>
>>8735241
>shitty diet.
whats this. be specific.
>start eating better?
be specific.

i get the hunch youre a faggy vegan that wants to alter the diet of your elders because of your gay beliefs. you may fuck off as well.
>>
>>8735565
But buy a shit ton of life insurance on them...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.