[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the yolk from this egg I just cracked like neon orange?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8576.jpg (952KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8576.jpg
952KB, 4032x3024px
Why is the yolk from this egg I just cracked like neon orange?
>>
Carotenolds
>>
that chicken got into a patch of onions
>>
>>8734239
it's a super egg
it's actually is just an indicator of the chicken's diet, and doesn't affect the egg's taste or anything at all.
>>
>>8734239
Cuz it's a canned peach in syrup
>>
Its Chinese orange chicken eggs
>>
Orange yolks taste of egg.
Yellow yolks taste of nothing.

Orange > Yellow
>>
>>8734239
the chicken had a diet rich in beta carotene is the real answer
>>
>>8734239
Looks like a very fresh, trully free range egg. Notice how bulbous the yolk is? You're in for a treat. Don't fuck it up.
>>
>>8734239
It might be more nutritious.
http://www.gardenbetty.com/2013/03/how-to-get-those-delightful-dark-orange-yolks-from-your-backyard-chickens/
>>
>>8734239

I don't know but I had an egg with neon green whites and tossed it.
>>
File: download (9).jpg (13KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
13KB, 300x215px
>>8734239
I know what you did to that chicken, you sick fuck.
>>
>>8734239
Sometimes eggs are that color. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: k_in_a_nutshell.jpg (123KB, 1174x952px) Image search: [Google]
k_in_a_nutshell.jpg
123KB, 1174x952px
>>8734356
>Breakfast walkers
>>
>>8734239
That's the colour that yolks are supposed to be. I'm guessing you're from North America where the eggs are shit.
>>
>>8734239
Higher quality eggs are usually more orange than yellow. An orange yolk is generally a good thing.
>>
>>8734559
Concurr. Standard, market USAian eggs yolks are pale yellow and rubbish. Here in the UK you get free-range grain-fed one's and yolks look like that. And the taste is superb.
>>
>>8734239
That's how you know the chicken was free range and ate free range food. Every free range egg I have bought is that darker color.
>>
>>8734239
Are you in a different country perhaps?

When I was in Japan all the yolks were darker like what you have. It doesn't really mean anything from what I've been told.
>>
It's also from a hen who hasn't been laying eggs very long, you can still see a few specs of blood in the yolk
>>
>>8734349
>I don't know but I had an egg with neon green whites and tossed it.
You don't like green eggs and ham? You do not like them, Sam I am?
>>
shame, it could have been a shiny chicken...
>>
???
That's the normal colour of yolks

are they a different colour in america? Someone post an american egg, now I'm curious
>>
>>8734239
Looks like a normal egg ? Does americans really eat yellow eggs?
>>
File: happyasuka.jpg (26KB, 593x449px) Image search: [Google]
happyasuka.jpg
26KB, 593x449px
>>8734239
now that's what I call a neon genesis eggvangelion
>>
>>8734250
Underrated
>>
it must be a duck egg OP. a duck a l'orange
>>
This is how they used to look when I was growing up. Now they're pale.
>>
File: 0-eggsbacon.jpg (44KB, 550x325px) Image search: [Google]
0-eggsbacon.jpg
44KB, 550x325px
>>8736504
>>8736504
eggs in the US and Canada are a weird bright yellow colour and are pretty tasteless. It's from the chooks being fed shitty feed and hormones instead of being fed a proper diet. After travelling through Canada and the US for a couple of years now literally every non-NA person I've met complains about the shit quality of the eggs and bread here.

Can still get good eggs though but have to pay out the ass for them.
>>
File: Asuka Approves.png (2MB, 1064x983px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka Approves.png
2MB, 1064x983px
>>8736517
>>
>>8734239
It's one of Richards eggs.
>>
>>8734239
This is a normal egg anon.
>>
>>8737044
Every non-NA person bitches about anything to do with NA because it's not "muh artisinally made $600 loaf of bread!", or they eat white bread and assume ALL bread here is like that.
>>
>>8734239
Is it a duck egg? They're a lot brighter orange than chicken eggs.
>>
>>8734239
Lol all these /Cucks/ call themselves cooks yet can't even determine why this egg is so orange. You guys should kill yourself neck beard chefs.
>inb4 you don't know yourself, it's free ranged
>>
>>8738574
The only other chef aside from myself.
>>8738589
>>
>>8734239
Sad. That had the potential to be a McChicken
>>
>>8736504
in germany the most expensive eggs ('bio' quality, meaning no genetically modified food etc) always have bright yellow yolks, while the other eggs have that orange color because of their diet.
>>
>>8738611
In germany, the Jews were gassed. What's your point?
>>
>>8738626
>falling for the Holomeme
>>
It's a fake egg from China
>>
>>8734253
Color contributes to perceived taste though. Unless you're blind.
>>
>>8738611
Kaufland Bio eggs are sick yellow. I always buy Freilandhaltung ones, because the yolks are orange. But my local Kaufland haven't been selling the free-range ones for weeks.
>>
>>8738611
And in Japan the highest quality eggs that are usually reserved for eating basically raw (like sukiyaki) always have a deep orange yolk. The lighter the yolk the lower the quality
>>
>>8734278
you know chicken feed nowadays colours the eggs orange so people who push this , not saying this isn't historically true , keep pushing it so people are misinformed.
>>
>>8736491
v underrated
>>
>>8734239
my well fed chickos only lay eggs like this. Healther the chicken the more orange it will be. Commercial nasty eggs from chickens that are pump full of all kinds of shit are bright yellow more often than not. Orange>yellow
>>
buy my kodawari eggu please!
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.