[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you like to eat radishes? I already tried with butter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: radish.jpg (28KB, 550x501px) Image search: [Google]
radish.jpg
28KB, 550x501px
how do you like to eat radishes? I already tried with butter and salt and it's not for me.
>>
raw

cooked the red ones are pretty horrible
>>
I don't really like radishes, but people where I live usually eat them raw with ranch dressing.
>>
>>8730061
In ramen soup
>>
Clean them, and then raw with some fresh olive oil.
>>
>>8730061
Try with pate.
>>
>>8730061
Raw, with a touch of kosher salt, fresh pulled from the garden. Horseradish hot, crisp, juicy and earthy. Just a Spring ritual in my humble family.
>>
>>8730061
i just eat them plain

love radishes
>>
>>8730061
On bread with soft cheese.
>>
Quite good with white anchovies and garlic. Also I put them in Coleslaw.
>>
File: fraggles-radish.jpg (616KB, 1379x1094px) Image search: [Google]
fraggles-radish.jpg
616KB, 1379x1094px
>ITT: A bunch of Fraggles
>>
>>8730061
Raw with salt and lemon
>>
File: black-radish-halved.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
black-radish-halved.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
>>8730061
Raw, sliced thin with sunflower oil and plenty of salt.

Even better if it's a black radish.
>>
>>8730061
Raw
Crunchy and refreshing, slightly peppery
>>
>>8730252
Is the taste different? Have never seen or heard of black radish.
>>
>>8730285
There is definitely a difference however subtle. You should be able to find them at any farmer's market or big supermarket. You've probably seen them before but didn't grab your attention.
>>
>>8730285
>>8730296
I should mention they are much bigger, about the size of a big apple.
>>
>>8730061
Raw or with ranch dip.
>>
guess I'm the first slav to come through here. raw, cut in thin slices with sourcream/creme fraiche and chives (salt, pepper)
one of the best summer salads if they're fresh from your own garden.
>>
Glaze with a gastrique. Cook until fork tender.
Escoffier says all root veg should be glazed.
>>
Raw, as some people have mentioned already, but its also important to note that the small ones taste nicer - once a radish gets too big/old, it tends to develop a bitter flavour.
>>
raw with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
>>
OP here

so the consensus is eating them raw huh? i'll try some of these. All I did was slice thinly, spread some irish butter on it and eat which was... okay? Maybe i have crap radishes (they were free)
>>
>>8730382
I've never heard of someone putting butter on a raw vegetable. That seems bizarre.
>>
>>8730388
i just googled it mang it was a new experience for me too
>>
>>8730382
In general they're more a salad ingredient than something you'd eat on their own, kind of like cucumber
>>
>>8730382
creame fraiche, salt, pepper, chives.
>>
Dipped in houmous

Thinly sliced with olive oil, salt, lemon juice and cilantro

Spread on bread with some cottage cheese
>>
>>8730061
on toast with fresh goat cheese
>>
>>8730382
>so the consensus is eating them raw huh?
I'm beginning to think this is whole board is a vegan/raw food movement ruse.
>>
raw as part of a salad or crudite plate, you could probably just eat a bunch of them raw if you really liked it
>>
>>8730425
VEG TO EAT COOKED
>Brussels sprouts
>beets
>cauliflower
>eggplant
>potato
>turnip and/or turnip greens
>rutabaga
>okra
>kidney bean
>squash
>yam

VEG TO EAT RAW
>radish
>broccoli
>tomato (yes, I know, technically a fruit, fuck off)
>lettuce

BOTH/EITHER
>carrots
>spinach
>peas
>onion
>zucchini
>green or wax bean

AVOID ENTIRELY
>cabbage
>corn
>>
>>8730425
you don't seem the type to eat your steak well done, so why boil veg dead?
sadly radishes aren't good for anything apart from salads, not even that good pickled, and plain horrible if boiled or fried.
>>
>>8730452
>AVOID ENTIRELY
>>cabbage
>>corn
disregard everything this man says.
>>
>>8730452
>Raw broccoli

I love steamed broccoli, it was the main vegetable I ate when I was a kid, and still is, but when it's raw, it makes my mouth tingle in an unpleasant way.
>>
>>8730452
>>corn
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/07/mexican-street-corn-elotes-recipe.html
>>
>>8730468
According to a Google search, the tingly mouth thing means I may have a mild allergy. I'll still eat half a kilogram of steamed broccoli with a little salt for dinner sometimes without any problems.
>>
>>8730477
Might also be due to pesticides (which would be washed away by the steam)
>>
>>8730408
how close is sour cream to creme fraiche
>>
>>8730481
That's another valid theory. Regardless, this thread has now made me crave some steamed broccoli but I don't have any, the grocery store is 3km from here, don't have a car, and am too drunk to be out in public. Damn it.
>>
Pickled in some chinee white vinegar, as part of a salad
>>
>>8730484
sour cream in eurofagland tastes more of buttermilk, creme fraishe more like slav smetana (cмeтaнa) only not as liquid; but none if it is like babushka used to have back in the motherland...
depends on the salad you're making, if its a more sweeter one, I generally use fraiche, if its the other kind (eg cucumber slices and dill only) I use sour cream.
>>
>>8730061
i normally have them on miso soup or mixed with sauteed veggies
>>
>>8730061
Cleaned, raw, whole (with leaves on)
>>
>>8730061
Butter and salt? At the same time? Eww. Wash them, chop off the greens, pour some salt on a plate, let the radishes sit is cool water for 5 minutes, rub the cut end in the salt, bite.
>>
>>8730382
'murica doesn't have other varieties of radish than the little red ones widely available, but the eurofags here are talking about the big black/white radishes, which are a lot milder and quite good with just butter and salt
>>
Cut them up and mix with olive oil,salt, and vinegar. It get's even better if you let it pickle in the fridge for a day or two.
>>
File: IMG_20170326_123351.jpg (4MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170326_123351.jpg
4MB, 4608x2592px
I had a full plate before I stumbled upon this thread, but luckily you get to see the last piece at least.

Bread soaked in eggs and salt, fried. The spread on it is bought - vegetable (mostly soy I thing) spread with taste aiming to resemble the steak tartare. Sprinkled with small garlic bits and our hero - radish.
>>
I like it topped with wasabi
>>
>>8732171
great now I want french toast.
>>
>>8730061
I like them chopped and put into tuna salad or egg salads.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.