[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been thinking about buying goats in the future. Anyone have experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_mvqsalQJuw1r0me8ao4_400.jpg (54KB, 400x577px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvqsalQJuw1r0me8ao4_400.jpg
54KB, 400x577px
Been thinking about buying goats in the future. Anyone have experience with raising goats? Just as pets? Or should I look into milking them? Thoughts?
>>
>>8725896
I've never raised any but I know people that have. They eat everything. And unlike cattle or horses, they'll strip a pasteur bare since they eat the roots of the grasses too. Make sure you know how many acres 1 goat requires and definitely don't exceed it or you'll end up with a bare pasture. They made cheese and soap with the milk.
>>
>>8725896

goat meat, cheese, milk, butter and yogurt are absolutely delicious
>>
>>8725896
It would easily be worth it to milk your goat. Even if it yields more than you need, just make it into cheese and sell it at a farmer's market to granola yuppies and foodies for fat stacks of cash.
>>
>>8725896
What a coincidence, I was just reading about this. If you don't have a farm it's better to get a miniature breed like a Nigerian Dwarf, which is the smallest dairy breed.

It would be easier to just keep them as pets, if you want to milk them they need to be bred about every year, so you have to think about what to do with the babies. But if you don't have a problem with that then fresh goat milk is good stuff.
>>
>>>/an/
>>
Thanks everyone for the info! I really love goats a lot. I think I will end up getting a Nigerian dwarf because I don't think I can get a farm property. And I'll have to keep in mind what was said about pastures and how they eat to the roots. Whatever property I will get will have to be one with a small amount of landscaping.
>>
My aunt had a few goats once. The male goats peed on fucking everything, including themselves.
They're super cute but they smell terrible.
>>
goats like oats, and motes, and silly little notes.
>>
>>8726245
Those things are fucking scary. They will eat literally anything.
I had one eat the name sticker right off my shirt as a kid at a petting zoo and that pretty much ruined goats for me.
>>
>>8726110
/an/ would totally know

Things I learned from my friend who has a small farm:

1) They can be dicks
2) They suck their own cocks and will cum in their fucking mouths then look at you - this is truly true of all true things
>>
>>8726778
The males will also piss on their own heads. I'm not sure why they do that, but it's certainly a thing.
>>
>>8726778
/an/ is about the same as this board but 5% less hostile.
They won't tell you shit about goats, all they do is collect endangered species, try to play god, bitch about cats, ask retardedly simple animal care questions and SHOULD I TAKE THIS TO THE VET?

It's not fun, I was there a couple years and I advise you to not go.
>>
>>8726811
You should go check out the current cat thread there.
>>
>>8726890
>cat lovers

No, thank you. Of all the nu-femimale shit, cat adoration has to be tops.
>>
>>8726050

>so you have to think about what to do with the babies.

Eat them, of course.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.