[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever tried making Ground beef out of like 90% lean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Bacon Fat.jpg (175KB, 1304x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Bacon Fat.jpg
175KB, 1304x1600px
Has anyone ever tried making Ground beef out of like 90% lean meat and the rest just bacon grease?
>>
>>8718690
I've done that.

It doesn't work worth a crap if you want to form the beef into a burger patty or a meat loaf.

If works fine if you want the beef in crumbles.
>>
it only works when you use it to make sky beef because of the old when pigs fly saying that you hear
>>
>>8718690
I grind bacon into a pink slime and mix it in...
>>
File: IMG_9975 - Copy.jpg (723KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9975 - Copy.jpg
723KB, 2016x1512px
>>8718690
what about this?
>>
Rendered fat won't work in the same way unfortunately. Splits out of the mix
>>
>>8718949

Same problem as adding bacon grease. It's pre-rendered, so the issues described in >>8718695 apply equally, as they would with any other fat you might add (butter, beef tallow, oil, etc.)
>>
No... because grease does not work that way.

For all intents and purposes, despite being solid at room temperature, grease can be thought of as a liquid. Mixing bacon grease into beef mince won't work because as soon as you heat the mince, the grease would seep straight out. Though grease seeps out of regular mince, too, the fact that it's being /rendered/ out of solid fat as it cooks means far more of it will be left behind in the mince to begin with while already rendered fat, like bacon grease, would just fall right out.

So if you want bacon-y beef, find a butcher counter that sells slab bacon, ask them if instead of slicing it for you, if they'd run a chunk through the mincer, then take that home with you along with the leanest mince you can find. I did it and it worked a treat. Did it with beef navel bacon, by the way. Very, very good.
>>
so would the only option be mixing lean beef with actual bacon?
>>
>>8720476
Pretty much or you could ask for pork fat trimmings form your butcher. They'll usually give them to you for free since they'd just be thrown out anyway.
Then you take your meat and cut it into cubes and put it in the freezer for about a half hour or until they start to get firm on the outside. Then run it through a meat grinder or a food processor and aim for an 80/20 meat to fat percentage be weight.
>>
As a side note, if you mix in bacon fat into some sort of minced meat, you can use that as a filling for some sort of meat pastry no problem. Like dumplings or xiao long bao, or meat pie etc.
>>
>>8720476
Yes. Just put some raw bacon in a food processor if you don't have a meat grinder. It's really good. I add half a pound to my meatloaf too.
>>
>>8720476

Bacon works, sure. So does fatback., uncured pork belly, or any other fatty cut of pork.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.