[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I prepare these? Need some recipes, they are alive btw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How do I prepare these? Need some recipes, they are alive btw
>>
>>8718175
kill yourself
>>
Just throw em in the freezer until you wanna eat them. Then throw em in a pot of boiling water. Crack em open like you would a crab and dip the meat in butter
>>
Stick your hand in the container and post results.
>>
>>8718229
you'll have to be more detailed
what do these crabs go with? wait these are lobsters but what type more exactly?
>>
>>8718269
Crawdads, crayfish, mudbugs, etc.
Get some good cajun spices and to pot of boiling water with potatoes and corn on the cob. Add the Crawdads at the end and you got good eats! Could always throw some other shellfish in there for more variety as well.
>>
>>8718138
>>8718269
literally fucking GOOGLE it you autistic manchild
>>8718285
anon, please stop enabling retards. there's ways to make a thread about cooking and recipes, and then there's asking to be spoonfed
>>
>>8718138
Here's my go-to recipe:
30 lbs live crawfish + 10 lbs whole shrimp, crabs, or more crawfish
6 large Andoullie sausages
10 ears of corn
20 small red potatoes
1 lb salt
12 oz Zatarain's liquid crab boil
2 packets of Zatarain's crab boil spices in the mesh bag
10 small lemons
1 lb ground Cayenne pepper
1 packet of fresh bay leaves from the produce section
2 whole heads of garlic

Fill a 15 gallon pot with 10 gallons of water. Add all the spices, garlic, lemons, etc. Get the water on your gas burner.
-peel the husk off the corn cobs and cut them in half.
-cut the sausages in half
-cut the lemons in half
-rinse off the potatoes, and cut two small slices off of each one. (This lets the spice get through the skin into the potato)
-Chop each garlic clove in half. There is no need to peel the garlic.
...then wait for the water to get to a rolling boil.

Once the water is boiling, put the potatoes and lemons into the pot Let this boil for 10 minutes.
Add the crawfish and the sausage.
Turn up the heat as high as possible to get the water to a rolling boil as soon as you can. Once the water is boiling again, add the corn to the pot.
Allow to boil for 5 minutes. If you are cooking shrimp or crabs, add them after the 5 minutes is up. Then turn the burner OFF.
Let the pot sit for about 15-20 minutes. This is where the spiciness develops. The longer you let the pot sit, the spicier the crawfish will get.
>>
>>8718311
Thanks mate
Saving this recipe

Though some of the ingredients I won't be able to obtain
Andoullie sausages
Zatarain's liquid and spice
>>
>>8718351
You can substitute any smoked pork sausage for the Andoullie. Even if it's not smoked it can still work (Bratwurst, Polish-style, etc.)

The liquid can be subbed for more cayenne pepper.
The dry spices in the mesh bag can be subbed for more bay leaves, thyme, black peppercorns and coriander.
>>
Also what shrimp do you guys buy? The preboiled or the standard ones?
Never boiled shrimp before, worth it?
>>
>>8718386
Preboiled? Lol, never.

I try and get whatever looks the freshest. The type will of course vary depending on what the shops got in that day. Ideally the shrimps will be head-on, as there's a ton of flavor inside the head. Head-on is ideal. Shell on is next best. Peeled is last ditch. Pre-cooked isn't even worthy of consideration, IMHO.

I've never done a shrimp-only boil, but I like to add them to seafood boils in general for some more variety. Same with gumbo.

My favorite preparation is to get some really big shrimp (or langoustines, or blue-claw freshwater shrimp), cut them in half lengthwise, add some garlic, salt, and a drizzle of oil and then grill them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.