[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: parents.jpg (87KB, 798x449px) Image search: [Google]
parents.jpg
87KB, 798x449px
My girlfriend and I have moved in together after choosing to live in sin. Her parents are visiting us this weekend and I came up with the awful idea of making dinner instead of going out to eat. It'd be too awkward a commitment to back out of. What can I make that will impress her parents while also being "low risk?"
>>
>Chicken breast, sauteed in olive oil
>Rice
>Some vegetable like asparagus, broccoli, or whatever is in season

Boom, you're good.
>>
>>8716294
Boom, you're boring
>>
Pizza
>>
>>8716298
>A nice, big, nutty, steaming pile of shit.
I'm thinking we'll spend most of our time in the kitchen and living room. Our bedroom habits aren't any of their business.
>>
>>8716301

>cooking for gf's parents

Boring = Stable
>>
>>8716311
OP should ask his gf what kind of food they like. What you suggested sounds a little to easy (nothing special) to me.
>>
>>8716286
Here's a crazy idea: Ask her what foods they used to eat as a family growing up.

Google a recipe and win heats with nostalgia
>>
>>8716286
cum on her face and force her parents to eat it off.

and then go out to eat and pick up the check
>>
https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/bibimbap

make bibimbap and let them make the bowl theirselves with the vegetables you prepare beforehand
can't fuck it up
>>
Cat milk
>>
>>8716321
You're not going to get them that way because it will practically 100% not be what they're used to.

>>8716301
When you're dealing with PARENTS boring is a good thing you dumb fucking twat.
>>
>>8716286
Porkchops with apricot glaze, mashed potatoes, sautéed asparagus, and homemade dinner rolls.
>>
>>8716382
You're thinking like an autist.

He has a girlfriend who's eaten this shit. It's not like he's attempting to create the unknown with no support.
>>
>>8716286
Showcase a family recipe from your own family. This shows that you care about family, something parents are absolute suckers for.
>>
>>8716420
Best idea so far.
>>
>>8716447
Unless they don't like it.

It's far easier to just talk to said girlfriend.
>>
>>8716464
I'm def going to inquire about what everyone likes. Again it's just the four of us. I know I'm making Chef John's peach cobbler for dessert. I'm leaning on some simple braised beef and maybe some horseradish and garlic mashed potatoes with a tomato and bean salsa.
>>
>>8716480
id recommend bouef bourguignon with mashed potatoes, its sophisticated enough and you can just chill out during the meal and dont have to do too much when its time for dinner, also its pretty easy which is probably important for you
>>
Make an array of nigger food to impress them and show off your knowledge of nigger culture.
>>
>>8717489
I'm not sure a whole watermelon rubbed with cajun mixed spice is gonna cut it.
>>
Make fried chicken with a side of rice
>>
Break your oven and go out to eat.
>>
>>8716286
Make a roast.
Use a thermometer.
Foolproof.
>>
>>8716286
First ask your gf what they like/dislike or if they have allergies.
Then either showcase a good dish from your family or just go like this anon >>8717478
said for a bœuf bourguignon. It's simple and classy enough, get a good bordeaux to go with it if you can afford it, a decent rhone/languedoc would be an ok substitute.

Chicken chasseur is also a good option, marco has a decent video even though it's knorr.
If you have fresh tarragon go for it.
>>
Milk steak
>>
>>8717617
Making roasts all the time makes you look crazy
>>
>>8718795
>>
>>8716294
This is way too boring. Even spaghetti and garlic bread is better than this
>>
NY strips with sauteed asparagus and mashed potatoes.
>>
>>8716286
40 cloves of garlic with a chicken. Stupid simple and the garlic cloves spread like butter, so get a good crusty bread to go with it and something green.
>>
Tendies and fries
>>
>>8716286
Cat milk.
>>
File: 3d not important.jpg (517KB, 1190x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3d not important.jpg
517KB, 1190x1200px
>having a gf
>>
>>8719084
Bingo. Exactly what I was gonna say. Just ask how they like their steaks.
>>
>>8719261
Hell yeah chicken and 40 cloves. Also, asian groceries tend to sell peeled garlic or you can use the microwave trick to peel cloves easily.
>>
>>8716286
Braised lamb shanks or beef short ribs. Fool proof and a low active cooking time gives you time to bang their daughter before they come over
>>
Duck Confit is not as difficult as I thought it would be.
Pair with a simple fennel/green salad or white bean stew and with some presentation it's impressive as shit.
SALAD VERSION - https://youtu.be/MHhLJqghY-o
BEAN VERSION - https://youtu.be/-dtcFiS-03w
>>
>>8716286
wear this shirt and nothing you cook will matter http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/thousands-of-my-potential-children-died-on-your-daughters-face-last-night/
>>
Have a large black man over to cook dinner and tell the parents that he is your stay at home bull
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.