[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

marinade or not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
is there really a benefit to marinating chicken or pork?
discuss or not
>>
>>8715919
Sure is, but it has to be over hours to have any decent effect.
I once pissed off a sous chef by marinating 40 steaks and creating London Broil. It stained the meat in such a fashion that when it was carved for presentation, you couldn't tell how it was cooked.
I just giggled at his discomfort.

Sidenote: Be careful with lime (or any acid really) in marinades, it'll start cooking whatever's in there. We once decided to marinade live prawns in ginger, lime, chilli, lemongrass and honey. The prawns ate the marinade and cooked themselves completely, we didn't really have to warm them up if we didn't want to.
>>
>>8715919
Do Americans really marinade meat?
>>
>>8715919
I have never marinated anything.
I don't eat pork but I do eat chicken, and I refuse to prepare or cook either because my ocd cleaning habits are no match for foodborne illnesses these days. Guaranteed sick, every time.

I don't think there's any benefit to it that isn't texture or softness related. It all tastes the same whether it's soaked in the seasonings or the seasonings are added during cooking.

It's like sous vide. It does nothing that it's counterpart, cooking like a normal human being, can't. Except make me laugh because people boiling steaks in plastic bags and having to use their cell phones to do so is the most outlandish thing that has ever happened to meat.
>>
>>8715930
are you for real? "prawns ate the marinade"... cooked themselves inside out... ehh seems unbelievable as organisms have that self preservation thing. just asking
>>
>>8715930

That's ceviche', isn't it?
>>
File: Bad Guy.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bad Guy.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>8716068
Quoting for answers..

Also
>Marinating live animals
>>
>>8715919
yes, the flavor soaks through the meat. however, be careful of the sodium content in the marinade. it can ruin the overall flavor by essentially turning the meat into a salt sponge. best to marinate using low salt: i.e. make your own marinade
>>
>>8716068
They're submerged in a bucket, clamped shut. What are they going to do? Brainstorm a prison escape? They're prawns, man. Even if they don't eat it, they'll cook and die from the lime as they absorb it.

The buckets have huge metal clamps on them too, since we use the same buckets for crab and snails. Let me assure you however that opening a walk in to see a small community of crabs colonizing your fridge is extremely amusing, even if your boss doesn't agree.

I'll have to grab some pictures.
>>
>>8716075
Sorry, didn't notice that.

It would be if we didn't cook them, but we did. They were an appetizer and used on surf and turfs.
>>
>>8716068
it's hard to preserve yourself when your dead my guy
>>
>>8715919
I find that marinades for Asian dishes with Soy Sauce taste much better because the meat takes in some of the saltiness.
>>
>>8716068
Pretty sure he meant it soaked through them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.