[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you eat it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Kiviaq-food-550x393.jpg (41KB, 550x393px) Image search: [Google]
Kiviaq-food-550x393.jpg
41KB, 550x393px
Would you eat it?
>>
http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/kiviaq-probably-the-worlds-most-disgusting-meat-dish.html

jesus
>>
I've had fermented whale in Nunavut
>>
>The dish is a winter specialty and has been consumed by Inuits in the far north of Greenland for centuries
So some bizarre form of rotten fish.
Yeah, I'd eat it, but probably only once.
>>
>>8715893
No, I wouldn't eat it.
They have some survival food in Iceland too, some sour milk fermented meats and fish, sausages, that ick, don't want. Sour preserved meats are cooked, so think vienna sausages or gefilte fish before you think appetizing. I get the reason to do it, but I just don't need to risk bad food gone bad, because when it comes to this kind of thing, the level of food poisoning that _could_ happen is the kind that you just can't recover from with any guarantee and if you did, you'd actually wish you were dying anyway.
When you think about hakerl, and only having just "one taste" while you're on vacation....it adds up. No one knows the sustainability of greenland shark now, but it's huge, and old, and might as well be big ol whales, becauase when a few thousand tourists try the omfggrossbuttryanythingonce preserved rotten fish, it might might a huge dent in the wild population. If you see that man's warehouse with hanging fish, you'd know it's a serious business.
>>
>>8715927
its fermented sea birds that have rotted inside a seal carcass for months and then eaten raw.
Its a little bit different from fish
>>
>>8715989
how is this safe for consumption? how does anyone not die after eating it from diseases?
>>
>>8716000
The same reason that beer and sauerkraut are safe to eat; fermentation is remarkably effective at preservation.
>>
>>8715889
Is that one of the flesh pods from Oblivion?

No I don't want to go to hell and sample the local cuisine
>>
File: jkr.gif (878KB, 279x219px) Image search: [Google]
jkr.gif
878KB, 279x219px
>>8715889
>>
>>8715889
does it taste good though
>>
>>8715889
Yes, I would eat it.
>>
Wikipedia tells me it tastes similar to strong gorgonzola cheese. It's my favorite cheese.
I'd give it a try, sure.
>>
>>8715927
>Inuits

Inuit is already plural reeeee
>>
File: 1482034172919.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482034172919.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>8715889
>>8715893
Reading about this, it's fucking brilliant but god fucking damn that is nasty as fuck.
>>
Would not eat unless starving to death in a frozen wasteland where the sun doesn't rise for months.
>>
https://youtu.be/3OPRJL9UFuA
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.