[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MUSHROOMS!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: mushroom_portabello_430.jpg (31KB, 570x270px) Image search: [Google]
mushroom_portabello_430.jpg
31KB, 570x270px
I have a very large continer with a shit ton of sliced portabella mushrooms. They are gonna go bad soon and idk what to do with them all. Ive tried giving them away but no one wants them! Anyone got ideas??? :/
>>
mushroom risotto
>>
>>8715705

Toss them with salt, pepper, thyme, sage and knots of butter, add some cream and roast them in a casserole dish. Based roasted shroomies.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 242x208px
there is only one place mushrooms belong
>>
Grind/grate/whatever them up and make patties, put in some onions or sweet peppers in the mix, fry em up on olive oil.

I suggest basting while waiting to flip. Put in some aromatics in the oil like thyme or some garlic before you start crying, once you get a good whiff of what you put in you know you can start.
>>
>>8715705
Hint: Mushrooms should never be left to be sitting in the fridge. I would not personally eat them anymore. Slimy means they have gone bad.

Well, first of all, usually all mushrooms should be boiled thoroughly before even starting to cook anything with them. Well, technically not all but most. You should realise that mushrooms take in all the pollution and crap, so it is a wise safety measure even when the mushroom is edible just like that. Then again, if one has a favourite spot and all the, he can prolly estimate the quality and such without even tasting. I myself like to always be sure.

Previously from that you, you of course take your mushroom knife and you mushroom brush and remove the dirt and bad bits. Then, the actual cooking bit, mushrooms stay good for about 1 to 3 days after picking in a refrigerator. The taste reduces, though. Mushrooms should be always prepared as fresh as possible. I personally usually season and dry some species and cook some right away. There's nothing like fresh mushroom salad.
>>
OkI dont think they have gotten slimy yet, I had some about 2 days ago and they were great with tenderloin. At this point I will probably have to throw them out. Or maybe I coudl make a shit ton of cream of mushroom soup? Otherwise they will be thrown out.
>>
1.Mushroom broth
2.Freeze
3.??
4.Profit
>>
>>8715720
>Toss them with salt, pepper, thyme, sage and knots of butter, add some cream and roast them in a casserole dish. Based roasted shroomies.
This, minus the cream.
Then when they are all cooked down and roasted good, portion into ziplocs and freeze for some later use. Later? Warm up and add to pasta, or chop and tuck into some meatloaf, meatballs, or used to stuff a roast, or make a soup (don't burn them in the oven or just saute them). At that point if you want to add cream you can.
You could alternately make something mushroom stuffed now, and then freeze that, like a lasagna.
>>
>>8715705
Dry them. Powdered dried mushrooms can go into damn near every thing and take up little space.
>>
mushrooom stroganoff
>>
>>8715729
This is a pile of horse shit.
>>
>>8715874
Yeah I think maybe I will give this a shot. Thanks
>>
mushroom ketchup like that 18th century guy made
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.