[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pork shoulder roast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: roast.png (110KB, 207x230px) Image search: [Google]
roast.png
110KB, 207x230px
Hey cu/ck/olds. The store had a one day sale on pic related (not my pic but its the same thing, sans the brand), anyone have tips on how to make it turnout good? I've only ever made much smaller roasts in the crockpot (not an option this time) so advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>8701260

-Grind it and make sausage
-Use your crockpot recipe but do it in a normal pot on the stove (or in the oven) set low.
-Slice it up into "country style ribs". Grill, broil, or pan-fry them like you would a pork chop or a steak.
-Roast it in the oven like you would a whole chicken, turkey, leg of lamb....
-Smoke it on the grill
>>
>>8701260
This is the best way to use it. You need a crock pot, a 2L bottle of root beer (Barqs is what I use), 2 Hershey bars, and a bottle of BBQ sauce (I use sticky fingers brand). Coat the roast in salt and pepper, put in crock pot, add root beer to 2/3 full, put the Hershey bars on top of the meat, cook on low for hours until done, move meat to a large bowl and shred, removing any bone or obvious skin/fat deposits, pour bottle of sauce over shredded meat and mix. This is the best BBQ for sandwiches ever and makes a ton
>>
>>8701260
>cut in chunks half the size of your fist, or full fist if you're a manlet
>brown in a pan
>stick in crock pot with chicken stock, peppers, salt, juice and rind of a lemon, juice and half rind of an orange
>8 ish hours on low
>take out and pull apart onto pan
>broil
perfect carnitas, wallah
>>
>>8701544
He said
>crockpot (not an option this time)
You said
>you need a crockpot
Is your stupidity congenital?
>>
>>8701260
Smoke that shit on a grill with charcoal and some hickory chips for fuel.

After it's done, put it in your crock pot with apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt, black pepper, and a bay leaf. Cook it low and slow for about 4 more hours. When it's done, shred that shit and serve it on a toasted bun with slaw and a side of hush puppies.
>>
>>8701580
>expecting useful info on 4chan when the op says cuck
>>
>>8701580
Hey just passing along a recipe on the premise that more than just me and that anon are in the thread
>>
>>8701260
You're going to roast this in the oven, low and slow, in a little braise.

Pierce with knife and stuff in garlic cloves all over, rub with olive oil, salt, pepper, and sour orange (or combination of orange, lemon or lime or vinegar). If you want to run to the store, just buy a bottle of Badia mojo criollo or naranja style. There's a touch of cumin in there that I leave out.

That's it, brown in 450F for about 20 minutes uncovered, and then cover and reduce to low 275 or thereabouts, fill with water/stock/citrus juice to prevent drippings from burning, and until falling off the bone. Sometimes I pour some leftover morning coffee in there, makes a really roasty good gravy addition.

If you want to go full carnitas style, or chunk it and pan fry your leftovers for masa de puerco, you might want to quick pickle some sliced onions for accompaniment. Or "pull" that pork off the bone with two forks, take it easy don't shred the hell out of it but keeping it chunky, and warm some BBBQ sauce for a sanwich. It's good on a baguette with the pickled onions, lime and hot sauce or fresh garlic mojo, spanish lechon style.
>>
>>8701260

roast it low and slow in the oven with a dry BBQ rub on it until it's pulled pork. make sure to collect the dripping fat and muscle juice for later use.

talking about 120-140 celsius until it registers at about 90 celsius (can be a couple hours per kilo).
>>
>>8701544
>>8701576
Thanks for the advice, but my crock pot is small as shit and the roast is too big.

>>8701264
Probably gonna try something like this.

>>8701595
>>8701619
I'm probably going to do something like this. My plan is to shove some garlic/onion into it before seasoning and searing it. I'll probably fill the pan with beef stock and toss in potatoes/carrots later on. I might go grab another one of these and try my hand at pulled pork in a few days too. Thanks for the tips again, /ck/
>>
>>8701544

>Barq's
>Hershey bars

Jesus FUCKING christ, people do not understand the concept of barbecue sauce. It's going to be sweet, sure, but this doesn't need to be a race to diabetes.

Here's my barbecue sauce recipe. Simmer/reduce it on the stove and use it in the crock pot or oven.

ORIGINAL MOPPY SLOPPY SAUCE

-Organic ketchup (organic tomato concentrate, organic sugar, organic vinegar, salt, organic onion powder, organic spice), organic brown sugar, organic apple cider vinegar, date paste (organic dried dates, water), organic molasses, organic garlic powder, organic cayenne pepper

HONEY CHIPOTLE MOPPY SLOPPY

-Above ingredients and: Organic chipotle peppers, local honey, worcestershire sauce, anchovy paste, liquid smoke, aromatic bitters, chipotle pepper powder, cinnamon

Don't share this, it's an exclusive recipe I spent months perfecting.
>>
>>8702623
Why don't you use organic anchovy paste? Or organic peppers? Or organic cinnamon? Did you just struggle to find more useless organic items or was that the critical turning point when you realised you were being REALLY autistic?
>>
>>8702663

I couldn't find them.

I wrote that recipe to include all the organic recipes because I printed out labels with ingredients list to give to my family and friends for Chistmas one year.
>>
>>8702696
>using organic products

And it's admirable. /ck/ loves to pretend that organic growers are the same as conventional, but that's just not true. Reputable organic growers do not use broad spectrum insecticides that are approved, like pyrethrins, except in extreme circumstances. They kill everything and defeat the entire purpose of other more effective control methods.

People forget, until the 50's, after the chemical development of daddy warbucks from WWII, all produce and animals were grown without chemicals. It most certainly isn't rocket science and a side benefit is you don't have petroleum distillates flavoring your food. Organic growers cannot use petroleum based fertilizer products.
>>
>>8702797

I've heard a lot of criticism about organic food lately, the most common being "even though they have an organic certification, you still really don't know if they are using the healthiest practices for producing clean food" On that note, if you were to source the healthiest food, it's either Whole Foods, local co-ops, local farms, and your own garden. Food really doesn't get more organic or clean than that. If local farms, co-ops, or organic food sources are still cutting corners behind the scenes, they are still undeniably better than the food you find at a conventional supermarket.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.