[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK do you make buttered and salted popcorn without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: salted buttered.jpg (137KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
salted buttered.jpg
137KB, 1000x667px
How the FUCK do you make buttered and salted popcorn without it being massively unhealthy?
>>
Don't butter and salt it, dummy
>>
>>8699356
Artificial butter flavoring and a salt substitute.

That said, there's nothing wrong with eating a reasonable amount of butter and salt.

I don't know why people are so worried about eating "healthy food" as if they were planning to devour a dozen cheeseburgers.
>>
>>8699356
Leave out the popcorn. Just let a bit of salted butter melt on your tongue.
>>
Dont use butter for starters

Butter salt is far superior and doesn't leave your popcorn soggy
>>
>>8699356
use margarine and nusalt
>>
>>8699356
Put nutritional yeast and paprika on it instead
>>
>>8699356
Use melted whipped butter
>>
Eat it once a month
>>
>>8699356
Find something else that has butter and salt in your meals that day, and have less of it so you can have it on the popcorn.
>>
Low fat butter flavour "oil" with fine ground salt.
>>
>Put it in the microwave on the popcorn setting

Real fucking easy
>>
>>8701325
Nah . . .
Watery
Fishy
>>
>>8699356
>How the FUCK do you make buttered and salted popcorn without it being massively unhealthy?
If you have cardiovascular disease, you avoid salt. Everyone else can have it, and it isn't unhealthy. Fact.

If you make your popcorn in a skillet, versus an air popper, you can see that you only use 1-2Tbsp of oil in a 6qt pot of popcorn. Divy that up and you aren't in such a bad amount of fat per serving there. Use some buttery-tasting popcorn oil and you go even further on that account.

Then you use real butter melted and drizzled when your bowl is 1/2 full, and then again on top. Use finely ground salt, so you can use less and still taste it.

Myself? I use chili oil, that I make on the spot. I slice a dried ancho or two with scissors into thin rings, and warm up in a small pan with olive oil til crispy and oil is red. I drizzle this flavorful olive oil over my popcorn with the rings, and get some sweet-heat in some of my handfuls of popcorn. To mimic some of the salt, you can use lime zest, and a squeeze of lime (acid can hit some of the needs of salt). Then, just a bit of salt.
>>
>>8700724
This. Just eat it in moderation. You could even have a small portion every day. It's only a problem if you get a king kong sized bucket 5 times a week.
>>
>>8699623
Amazing
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.